Discussion in 'iPad' started by soupcxan, Feb 24, 2012.

1. soupcxan, Feb 24, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012

soupcxan macrumors member

Edit: Thanks for all the downranking. I guess people on the MAC RUMORS forum don't want anyone to post RUMORS about MAC producs. :confused:

2. fupresti macrumors regular

This is hardly confirmation. I deal with iPads daily at work and deal with rampant speculation daily. The only confirmation is Apple on stage saying it is coming.

3. Nychot macrumors 6502a

B&h is not know to give up sales. I question the veracity. Another rumor. If b&h had removed the ipad2 from its site it would be proof. The ioad2 is still for sale there. Btw they have the best prices on applecare.

4. maclook macrumors 65816

5. Peterson8765 macrumors 6502a

Peterson8765

I'm sorry to say that's an assumption, not a confirmation.

6. borgqueenx macrumors 65816

Lol this topic must be removed. Its just nonsense. The salesman also reads rumors you know. Its not a big company. Its a simple guy. No confirmation at all.

7. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Boy, this sounds like some rock solid information to me. What a scoop.

8. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

That confirmation is almost as good as a call from Tim Cook.

9. deeddawg macrumors 604

Isn't two weeks from today like March 9th, not 7th? :rolleyes:

10. Nychot macrumors 6502a

It is a VERY big company and very legit and highly respected. I just dont believe the sales guy told that to the op. i think he's the one bsing.

11. soupcxan, Feb 24, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012

soupcxan thread starter macrumors member

12. maclook macrumors 65816

There's no reason ever for B&H to deny themselves an instant sale by telling a customer to wait 2 weeks. By then, you may decide to go to Best Buy or an Apple Store. Whoever you spoke to broke many rules of being a salesman.

13. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

Do you really think that apple would release this info to some random reseller first, AND let thm tell their salesmen so that they'll discourage iPad 2 sales? That's one of the main reasons Apple is so secretive - they want everyone to keep buying 2s right up until the last second.

This guy just reads the rumors sites. He has no inside info. He's probably right, sure, but that's just because it's very likely that it will be announced in the next 2-3 weeks.

14. KevinC867 macrumors 6502a

Maybe the salesman was just being a decent guy. B&H has a great reputation and sells a ton of stuff. They probably don't need the hassle of dealing with orders from uninformed buyers who get upset when a new model comes out. A lot of those would probably get returned. B&H may also have a relationship with Apple which allows them to return the unsold stock of iPad 2's.

15. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I have no reason to disbelieve the OP that a B&H salesperson said this to him, but I do think the salesperson is simply repeating the speculation that has been floating all over the internet about the next iPad release date. It's not like Apple is going to let B&H know ahead of the official announcement when the release date is.

16. WRP macrumors 6502a

Regardless whether this is true or not, that salesperson needs to find a new job.

17. pettifogger06 macrumors member

I would give the same exact response if someone told me that they were going to buy an iPad 2.

I really don't think the sales guy at B&H has a scoop. He's reading the same stuff we are. This is equivalent to everyone thinking that the 12 dollar/hr guy at your phone kiosk knows when the iPhone 5 is coming out.

18. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

I just called B&H and they told me the iphone5 was coming out in October! I can't wait.

19. WRP macrumors 6502a

Attached Files:

20. Nychot macrumors 6502a

I just called bh and the guy told me my fortune

21. Buildbright macrumors 6502a

They are scared you are going to return it in two weeks...lol.

Not many people know for 100% and I think BH is covering there butt.

22. GearDriven macrumors newbie

B&H salespeople are pretty low pressure...but the likelihood is that he is reading the same blogs/WSJ/etc... that we all are.

23. G-Mo macrumors 6502

G-Mo

Lol! I work for an AAD/AASP and there has been nothing from Apple regarding an iPad 3 at this point. B&H would have no different than any other channel partner. Sorry, someone there just likes reading rumor blogs. (And quoting them incorrectly, as by all accounts the iPad 3 will be announced March 7 with a late March / early April launch.)

24. Delighted macrumors 6502

Delighted

OP:

Unless it came from Apple, nothing is confirmed. Same with the March 7th release date, it is only a rumor until Apple officially sends out invites.

25. Buildbright macrumors 6502a

Captain of the obvious.