Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Djhomefries

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
My estimated delivery is 3-4 weeks for my rMBP.

Today, I called Apple and asked for an update on shipping time. They replied by giving me a free USB SuperDrive which is already processing for shipping!

What a great gesture from a stellar company!

TTyylleerr

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2011
Ontario, Canada
My estimated delivery is 3-4 weeks for my rMBP.

Today, I called Apple and asked for an update on shipping time. They replied by giving me a free USB SuperDrive which is already processing for shipping!

I had a similar experience.

I called to change my order and the rep asked me, out of the blue, if I was planning on buying one. I said no and he offered to send me one for free...

They seem to be just handing these things out.

Djhomefries

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
I had a similar experience.

I called to change my order and the rep asked me, out of the blue, if I was planning on buying one. I said no and he offered to send me one for free...

They seem to be just handing these things out.

The cool thing is she asked if I wanted anything - I had the SuperDrive on my mind, but I am curious to know what she might have said had I mentioned an Apple TV or even IPod.

I did buy an expensive 2.7/16/512 with warranty and expedited shipping, so who knows what they might offer given their high profit margin.

Last edited:

Djhomefries

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
So many stories of Apple taking care of its customers. This is just another reason I'm an Apple customer.

Glad they took care of you.

I proudly told the sales rep that Apple is restoring customer service in America one customer at a time. Somebody mentioned it is because their profit margins are so large, however that is a product of their ingenious business model which also includes excellent customer care.

BlazednSleepy

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2012
So I called and she gave me the 15 dollars back for expedited shipping. I was quite happy with that. Maybe I'll call in a week to squeeze that superdrive out of them.:D

JuNxXxReY

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2008

Thanks! Just called Apple. Got a free Magic Mouse.

image.jpg

Last edited:

XFactorer

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2007
Eugene
I just called Apple... didn't get anything out of it... but the guy said that they're shipping the rMPBs out with the fastest shipping option. Funny... 'cause I have standard shipping. That's probably why they're refunding some peoples' shipping costs. Who knows.

I'm considering forgoing the $100 gift card to just get it locally... argh! I dunno what I want. I'd lose out on an extra $20 bucks as "cash back" on my card, too....

georgia-svt

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2012
Yep I called too got nothing but they we're very polite looks mine may be delayed according to FedEx because of TS Debby. Just my luck.
Jeff

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I proudly told the sales rep that Apple is restoring customer service in America one customer at a time. Somebody mentioned it is because their profit margins are so large, however that is a product of their ingenious business model which also includes excellent customer care.

Companies need to work hard to maintain high profit margins. Apple understands that people don't mind paying a little bit more to get good service, good products, and respect as a customer.

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
How do I just go about asking them? Haha

I've been without a laptop for about a week. I'm in the 3-4 week group. Got so sick that I went out and bought a beater Macbook Air on Craiglist :D

I WANT MY RETINA

Morien

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2010
Those who got something, was your pro delayed more than the estimate you received when ordering?

Auzburner

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2008
Syracuse, NY - USA
I just called Apple... didn't get anything out of it... but the guy said that they're shipping the rMPBs out with the fastest shipping option. Funny... 'cause I have standard shipping. That's probably why they're refunding some peoples' shipping costs. Who knows.

I'm considering forgoing the $100 gift card to just get it locally... argh! I dunno what I want. I'd lose out on an extra $20 bucks as "cash back" on my card, too....

My rMBP traveled from Shanghai to Syracuse, NY - arrived on the morning of the 4th day... I'd say I got free expedited shipping...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.