Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
I updated to iOS 14.6 earlier today, I look at my App usage under "BATTERY" and see Mail is constantly running now in the background, although my mail is not open.

Mail "Push" is off, "Fetch" is off. You can see the chart has spiked since I updated.
Anyone know how I can turn this off running in the background?

Thanks

IMG_1374.jpeg

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
My bad. I meant to ask whether or not you had notifications turned on. I don't know why I asked about BAR lol

If it is on, I would turn it off and reboot and see if that solves the problem.
I toggled PUSH and FETCH on and then off, did a hard reboot. Seemed to clear up the issue.
Odd.

Thanks!

Screenshot 2021-05-25 at 11.07.37 PM.jpeg

Reactions: max2

tribalflags

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2021
Scotland / Finland
I wrote about constant battery use in another thread which started with ios 14.6. I’m using BeatHawk and it’s been running constantly tanking my battery on 3 different devices. No background app refresh or notifications on for it. Wrote to the devs to see. Only solution is closimg the app (swipe up) and all is fine. Check this usage and I hardly used the app yesterday. 77DB4936-5978-4E31-A034-58BD6BEECE68.png

• Wow
Reactions: PhillyGuy72

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
I wrote about constant battery use in another thread which started with ios 14.6. I’m using BeatHawk and it’s been running constantly tanking my battery on 3 different devices. No background app refresh or notifications on for it. Wrote to the devs to see. Only solution is closimg the app (swipe up) and all is fine. Check this usage and I hardly used the app yesterday. View attachment 1781887
Crazy! This is like last Summer when I noticed losing 15-20% battery in 30-40 min. Then seeing Apple Music (or in my case Dropbox) was running nonstop for days, even when I had it off. Ended up deleting the app until the bug was fixed.

Reactions: tribalflags

tribalflags

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2021
Scotland / Finland
Crazy! This is like last Summer when I noticed losing 15-20% battery in 30-40 min. Then seeing Apple Music (or in my case Dropbox) was running nonstop for days, even when I had it off. Ended up deleting the app until the bug was fixed.
Yeah, it’s pretty nuts. Must be an app issue or something. Still happening on 3 different devices all on 14.6. Never seen that happening before and done the usual turning things off/on, but I’ll be honest, so many of those battery saving tricks didn’t actually save much battery and kinda took away from enjoying/using the phone to its full potential.

here’s another one that got me, but it’s been happening before 14.6: Battery was dropping every evening and coincided with using Shazam (the app), which I rarely use. Decided to turn on the new firewall feature in 1blocker and for hours after Shazam had been closed, the firewall was picking up constant hits to iBeacon or something like that. Like BeatHawk, only way to stop the drain was to force close the app and everything was fine. Music seems to be fine so far and battery has been great apart from what I was saying.

Last edited:
Reactions: PhillyGuy72

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
Yeah, it’s pretty nuts. Must be an app issue or something. Still happening on 3 different devices all on 14.6. Never seen that happening before and done the usual turning things off/on, but I’ll be honest, so many of those battery saving tricks didn’t actually save much battery and kinda took away from enjoying/using the phone to its full potential.

here’s another one that got me, but it’s been happening before 14.6: Battery was dropping every evening and coincided with using Shazam (the app), which I rarely use. Decided to turn on the new firewall feature in 1blocker and for hours after Shazam had been closed, the firewall was picking up constant hits to iBeacon or something like that. Like BeatHawk, only way to stop the drain was to force close the app and everything was fine. Music seems to be fine so far and battery has been great apart from what I was saying.
The 14.6 drain is still happening, just no idea why..no apps running
- ESPECIALLY on my iPad Pro and that darn thing is plugged in! Yet the battery drains.

What a mess.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.