16GB or 32GB?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ViPa, Jun 18, 2009.

?

16GB or 32GB?

1. 16GB is enough for me

96 vote(s)
    29.4%
  2. 32GB, ill actually need the space

156 vote(s)
    47.7%
  3. 32, i just want the most expensive one, dont really need it

57 vote(s)
    17.4%
  4. I'm not getting a 3GS, i just wanted to vote

18 vote(s)
    5.5%
  1. ViPa macrumors 6502a

i cant decide which to get

edit: the purpose of this thread is to simply observe whos getting what..some of you have difficulty grasping this concept

2. Paix247 macrumors 6502

3. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Get the one you need. Dont always get bigger and better. I'm getting the 16GB. I don't need 32GB nor will I ever. Asess your iTunes library and how many apps you plan on downloading. 16GB is way enough for me, and I'd rather save that extra 100$

4. Doju macrumors 68000

What a horrible question.

Here it is, plain and simple:

Do/will you have more than 16GB of media?

- If you answered yes, get the 32GB.

- If you answered no, get the 16GB.

Damn people. Think.

5. nfl46 macrumors 603

6. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

There is an old saying that you can never have too much memory. :)

Personally, if I pull the trigger it will be for a 32GB iPhone 3GS. I currently have an iPod touch 32GB (1st gen) that is almost filled up. I plan on keeping my iPhone for at least 2-3 years. At that time I will consider upgrading. In the meantime, 32GB will hold me over. My guess is that by then we'll have 128GB ones.

In reality it all depends on your needs.

7. ViPa thread starter macrumors 6502a

get out of my thread

8. John T macrumors 68020

John T

One of these days, you kids will have to learn to make decisions all by yourselves!

Go on! Make one now! :)

9. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

People don't think, that's the problem. The answer is pretty straight forward, DO YOU NEED 16GB OR 32GB? It's not rocket science.

You deserved that.

10. ViPa thread starter macrumors 6502a

it was a question out of curiosity..im not basing my decision off of poll results..its just interesting to see what other members are going for

11. optophobia macrumors 6502a

optophobia

I had the original iphone 8GB
    Then got the 16GB 3G.
    Since 16GB is not enough to hold even a quarter of my music library, i put a couple of albums on there and maybe rotate them although I stopped even doing that. If I buy a new album I might stick it on there to listen to it straight away.
    I listen to music on my commute to work. I use Pandora and last.fm, so don't need any space at all for those.
    Even with a HUGE photo collection, lots of apps etc, I still only use about 1 GB of memory, so really I only needed the 8GB.
    Now with recording video on the new 3GS, which takes up about 25mb per minute, you might use up some space.
    I opted for the 16GB this time (mainly cos I had to fork out $399 not $199, and I am pretty broke at the moment, so I sold my 3G for $400 to cover the upgrade)

But it really does depend on your needs. If you plan on using apps like streaming music rather than your music library then I would sugggest what you can really afford. If money isn't that tight, and you want to hold lots of music on there, plan on recording video alot etc then for an extra $100 the 32GB is probably your best bet, since the resale value is probably going to be at least $100 more than the 16GB.

12. cbdudek macrumors member

I am using 14gb right now. I ordered the 32 because I wanted a little more breathing room. :)

13. Paix247 macrumors 6502

I got the original 8 and filled it up pretty quickly. I got the 16GB thinking it was plenty, but filled it up pretty quickly. Get the larger one if you can afford it. It will sell for more later and you will eventualy be happy to have the space.

14. Sledutah macrumors regular

I have a 32GB on order (should arrive tomorrow :))
    My 30GB ipod is full now, and I hate having to remove stuff to free up space.

15. Camaro6700 macrumors member

I will be going with the 16gb. I currently have the original 4gb iphone and that is never full. I really only listen to the same 10 albums so I don't need to import my entire library.

16. entity macrumors regular

I can easily max out the 32GB in music and movies. That, and the video recording I can see taking up a ton of space.

17. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

For me it was knowing how much space video would take up .. if that 25mb per minute is about correct then thats 40 minutes of video per gig ... so 16g would be fine for me as I only keep 100 or so songs and 3-4 movies and a few podcasts... that would leave an easy 8 gigs for video ....

Thanks for that info optophobia ... I have been searching for it everywhere

18. heyroth macrumors newbie

I decided I wanted the 32GB because I figured that I'd be doing some video recording and that might take up more space than I'd previously imagine. I'm currently halfway to my space quota in my 16Gb 3G.

19. dave.h.3g macrumors member

Id get 8gb if they had one. If i cant fit all my music on it whats the point? i just keep a couple playlists on it

20. dlmart2 macrumors 6502a

You never know when you need more space until you need more space.

21. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Or you can show self restraint and not download every single song you've ever heard, ever. I'm only going to put song I really really really want to listen to on my phone. Remember, its just a phone.

Sure, Ill take some videos of my gf or kitty, but Ill just save them to my computer, then free some space. Sure Ill put some podcasts on there, but when im done ill take them off and free some space. This song is great! This song is wearing on my nerves. Ill take it off and free some space.

Not every kb of digital enterainment you own needs to go on your phone.

22. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

minus the last 2 phrases in there, you beat me to the punch.

8GB is fine for me - i just sync different playlists to my iPhone each month...

i have 868 songs, and 600 photos and 12 applications (although i had about 20 after switching from 2.2.1 jailbreak to 3.0 stock)

either way you're getting double that or quadruple that. what is the discussion here.

23. ViPa thread starter macrumors 6502a

i have a lot of free space on my 16 gig but its hard to judge with the 3GS because of the video recording and new apps like tomtom

24. ohio.emt macrumors 6502a

I had to go 32GB already had 16GB and only 1GB away from being full and that's cause I keep stuff off of it so I can download from app store and iTunes.