Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

16GB or 32GB?

• 16GB is enough for me

Votes: 96 29.4%
  • 32GB, ill actually need the space

Votes: 156 47.7%
  • 32, i just want the most expensive one, dont really need it

Votes: 57 17.4%
  • I'm not getting a 3GS, i just wanted to vote

Votes: 18 5.5%

• Total voters

JonboyDC

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2004
Would it be so hard for Apple to increase the storage space to 80GB or maybe 100GB? I love carrying around all of my music on my iPod 80GB.
I really can't see that may people looking to carry a hard-drive-sized phone around with them. (Plus, I wonder what effect the magnetics of the hard-drive would have on cell phone operation?)

If I get one (and I suspect I will in the next few days), it will be 32 GB. My 16 GB 3G is getting close to full (about 1 gig of room left), and it's frustrating to have to constantly edit my media to make sure I don't come close to the line.

frunze

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2009
I got a 16G - my husband got me the 32G iPod Touch for Xmas, and was pretty peeved that I got an iPhone at all because he said that iTouch would now be pretty much useless (and indeed he was right but I don't have the heart to tell him). Plus, I have a 250GB hard drive FULL of music, so there's no way I can house all my music on either device anyway. I created an iPod Touch playlist and an iPhone playlist, and I just add or delete songs from there depending on what I feel like the day's gonna bring.

I also have a nano - but only a few audiobooks on it, for long commutes in the car. But if I didn't have the iTouch - I would have gotten the 32GB for sure.

gwerhart0800

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2008
Loveland, CO
I lived with a 4GB original iphone for two years ... once I loaded Pandora, I never needed more space for music. So, I got a 16GB 3Gs because I wanted the faster CPU, but I really don't need the extra storage. Long Live Pandora!!!

Morn

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2005
I really can't see that may people looking to carry a hard-drive-sized phone around with them. (Plus, I wonder what effect the magnetics of the hard-drive would have on cell phone operation?)

If it works for the iPod Classic I don't see why it wouldn't for the iPhone. It's not like iPod Classic users didn't bring their iPod with them all the time as much as a cell phone.

I really need 64GB. Would prefer 128GB then all my music could be lossless. But 32GB will have to do.

opnr2000

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2007
get out of my thread

Hadouken.....heh that comment was very abrupt.

ryu.jpg

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
My 16 GB is almost filled and that was after deleting some music. I only have one video (my wedding). So, I'd take the 32 GB in a heart beat, if I was eligible to upgrade. Since I won't be until next August 2010, I'm going to wait for the 4G or whatever they call it. Maybe they'll have an even bigger flash drive.

Djlild7hina

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2009
i went with the 32gb... my 16gb was getting pretty full and not knowing how much tomtom will take up 32gb will be nice... although it would be nice to put everything on my phone at once i'll just use simplifymedia as an alternative :D once they have a 64/128gb iphone i'll get that ;)

MacAndy74

macrumors 65816
Mar 19, 2009
Australia
16GB is more than enough for me right now.
However, maybe the next iPhone I get (whatever comes after the 3GS), I'll likely choose a 32GB.

alansaysstop

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2009
Roseville
I got the 16GB because I own 3 other iPod's and the iPhone doesn't work with my indash reciever in my car.

Side note, if white was only offered in 32GB i would've went with that.

mikey28

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2008
I got the 32GB. I have a good amount of music (not HUGE ) but I thought with the VIDEO, and navigation apps, I would want the extra space.

Also I feel like the phone works more smoothly when there's lot's of memory. I had a 16GB 3G, and I wanted to feel like I was really upgrading...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.