17 hours Battery Usage 6S Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Abarth1200, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Abarth1200 macrumors regular

Hi everyone, its taken a couple of days to run my 6S Plus through a couple charge cycles. Also I'm feeling less inclined to take out my pocket every 5 mins because it's new. That being said, have used it more than necessary. Screen brightness set at about 60% Auto.[​IMG]

What do you think?

Fyi haven't been trying to get a decent battery life, just turned off things I don't use. Like background app refresh.

2. Jon_Spittle macrumors newbie

Seems decent enough, I've just moved from an Samsung S6 and I can't wait to see how much better the battery is!!

3. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

Whatever app you use the most seems to be on some low sucking power doe.

4. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

It's about the same as my wifes 6S Plus and only two hours _less_ than my 6 Plus.

But I've done some optimization on mine. :D

5. iAstonish macrumors member

iAstonish

6. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Well I got 9 hours from my 6S+ yesterday, using it intensively.

7. gixxerfool macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

That's real nice. I have about 40 hours standby with 8 hours usage with 11% left. Im liking charging every other day.

8. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

Battery life seems a lot better with 9.1 Beta 4. Unplugged at 11 am and sitting at 80% right now (7 pm MST ) with extensive facebook, youtube, and browsing ( Chrome! ) usage...

Usage at around 3 hrs and 37 mins

9. intofx macrumors regular

10. OTACORB macrumors 6502a

OTACORB

11. Abarth1200 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm currently at 40% on this charge. I'll report back when at 1% and I will INCLUDE the top list of apps. But for your information it was Facebook too then a game and safari or something.

12. Sekelani macrumors 6502

Sekelani

That's legendary battery life.play any music?

13. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Hmm... My new 6s Plus got me through a day of work with 59% remaining. But I did top off first thing at work to 100%. The phone froze within minutes of unplugging and I had to do the reset so my battery usage didn't register, but it was off the plug for a good 9 hours at very least.

While the battery life has been good. I was kind of expecting a little better but this is my first Plus model so I'm not sure if my expectations are accurate to real life usage.
    Still not sure if it actually matters but I have the Samsung chip in mine.

14. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

It's the first smartphone I've owned or indeed heard of that actually gets most people through a full day & evening of use. Sure most of us still have to charge overnight but we can't expect days and days of use from one charge on any smartphone, especially not when the manufacturers are so focussed on making exceptionally thin devices.

15. Abarth1200 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok guys, been forgetting to repost my battery usage. Most days I get home from work with around 75% left then play games in the evening and it runs down to about 50% but I charge every night anyway.

However I thought I would run it right down again to see what I can get. Note I wasn't trying to get a long battery life, just refrained from charging it overnight

[​IMG][​IMG]

16. gixxerfool macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

Holy Facebook! 7.5 hours background.

17. Abarth1200 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah it's pretty mental I have background app refresh 100% off. I occasionally remember to clear from memory but as you can see I didn't do so very often.

I feel the above usage is somebody who doesn't use their iPhone every minute of day but enjoys using it when they do.

18. gixxerfool macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

I don't use Facebook at all so it's one thing i don't need to worry about.

Your usage mirrors mine pretty close. I'm usually around 40 hours standby and between 10-12 hours usage. I'm loving the battery life. I don't charge everyday since I don't need to. I probably should though.

19. Genkakuzai macrumors regular

Getting excellent battery life so far with my 6S Plus. About 1.5 day with heavy usage. Which is more than good enough for me. I'm never away from electicity longer than a day for the most part (and if I am, I've got a battery pack for recharging).

20. Ritte macrumors regular

So the question everybody wants to ask but nobody want to admit :rolleyes:

What chips is it?

21. gixxerfool macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

Tsmc

22. rulymammoth macrumors member

Amazing. I still remember when I'd be happy to get through half a day without charging.

23. throwthedice macrumors regular

Is it just me or does anyone else find it "odd" that there's no PHONE usage on a ...phone! :D

..guess it's just me :p

24. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

They're handheld computers now, with a camera and phone app.:D