17 inch Macbook Pro (Late 2011) Replacement

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by adeel7861, Jul 20, 2013.

1. JTToft macrumors 68040

- It was an analogy to describe the superficial treatment of symptoms. It wasn't intended to equate the horrors Ebola causes with the inconvenience of failing graphics cards.

2. MRxROBOT, May 13, 2016
    Last edited: May 13, 2016

MRxROBOT macrumors 6502

MRxROBOT

I understand what an analogy is. It's the inclination to pick the treatment of one of the worst diseases in our recent history to draw a comparison that is nothing short of intellectual sloppiness and in poor taste. They should suit the reference to the issue.

3. dealmaker macrumors 6502

Would you have bought it - if you'd known at the outset it had a design fault?? I doubt it....

but.....lets say you did ......what if you then discover it has a widely acknowledged DESIGN fault....made by the manufacturer or one of their partners....would you just say "oh well"...."thats the risk you take when you buy a computer"?...if so then hats off Sir - you are clearly a Zen master.

4. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

I'm not stupid enough to buy something that has a known fault, but this issue was not known as a design fault for a number of years.

If it was a fault that later came out and the manufacturer kept the computer usable for its warranty period then yes I would accept it as part and parcel of buying tech.

Everybody who buys a new computer with brand new tech in it is a beta tester for that hardware. I know this, it's obvious that the testing of these components can never be thorough enough without making people wait years for new tech.

As such I have 2 choices take the risk or only buy old tech that's tried and tested, I don't want old tech I take the risk, and I am willing to accept it when that risk doesn't pay off.

5. tubeexperience macrumors 68040

This shows that you don't now what you are talking about. There were a number of the revisions to the non-Slim Xbox 360 to make it less susceptible to RRoD.

Xenon, Falcon, Opus, Jasper, Jasper/Kronos

That's just it: he doesn't have one, so he don't have to deal with problems.

It's the "not my problem" attitude.

6. matt_on_a_mtn Suspended

It's not so much a "not my problem" attitude. Because of a banner carrier that behaves as you do, it's more of a "serves you right" attitude.

You catch more flies with honey than vinegar, tubesy.

7. tubeexperience macrumors 68040

How about I sell it to you (market value) so you can deal with it?

8. matt_on_a_mtn Suspended

No thanks, I don't fit the buying retirement of being a "sucker".