Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has debuted a new TV ad called "Strength" during the first game of the Stanley Cup finals, focusing on fitness accessories and apps for iPhone 5s.

The ad uses the song "Chicken Fat" by Robert Preston, which was created in 1961 to get schoolchildren to do more daily exercise. It also showcases accessories such as Misfit's Shine activity tracker and apps such as weightlifting trainer Stronglifts, showing how users can use the iPhone 5s to increase their health.

The ad once again ends with the tagline "You're more powerful than you think", which debuted alongside Apple's "Powerful" ad in late April.

Article Link: Apple's New iPhone TV Ad 'Strength' Focuses on Fitness Accessories and Apps

Danthetechman

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2014
This doesn't feel at all like an Apple ad. (Maybe because the music isn't a piano-heavy simple orchestral piece?) I'm not even sure it feels like a tech ad. I think it resembles an ad for exercise shoes - it just needs some shoe shots!

PatriotInvasion

macrumors 68000
Jul 18, 2010
Boston, MA
Dislike. Song is annoying and would have me fishing for the mute button on the remote. Best Apple ads of my time:

1.) Get A Mac campaign - all of them
2.) Original MacBook Air envelop ad
3.) iPhone calamari ad
4.) iPad 2 - technology alone is not enough
5.) rMBP ads for both sizes.

joejoejoe

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2006
The iphone already looks so big at 0:56... and they want to make it even bigger and take away the 4inch option??

Oy.

Khryz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2007
I'd love to see someone compile a list of all the apps showcased and at what point in the commercial they were shown. A lot of them seem like ones I'd love to try.

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Just saw this ad. Not bad. I like the use of apps in their current ad campaign. Nice way of introducing some of them.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
What a strikingly odd song.

(Which is probably great for cutting through people's inattention and being noticed/remembered.)

macs4nw

macrumors 601
Love it! Apple's newer and current ads stand out, in that they are conveying a positive message, rather than harping on how good their product X is, in comparison to similar products by different manufacturers.

Although their 'Mac vs PC' ads were breezy and funny, I'm kinda glad Apple has moved on from those.

xmichaelp

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2012
Apple has been killing it with ads from around when the iPhone 5 came out to now. They had a rough patch before that but now they're on point.

Michael Scrip

macrumors 604
Mar 4, 2011
NC
Apple shows people using the iPhone.

Samsung shows people waiting in line for the iPhone.

Seems legit :D

Millah

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2008
I'd love to see someone compile a list of all the apps showcased and at what point in the commercial they were shown. A lot of them seem like ones I'd love to try.

I'm sure Apple will on their site. They started doing that lately, showcasing the apps used in their ads

Xrayeye

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2014
3 rock from the sun
Need more power-

I usually don't post anything on computer sites, OSX, PC etc. But being a long time Apple user I wanted to add my 2 cents.

Looking at this add as an Apple user it's just ok. So thats not good, it didn't do anything for me at all. I have no recall of the product, and or if the product was an Apple product or something else?

I think this is a time were Apple has to get hard core , there always to nice.
We need to put something up on that screen that will brand APPLE into your mind and that you will recall what you have seen is an APPLE product.

Apple start getting hard core with the product ad's - You have the right products to it with, but keep soft shoeing around not to wake anyone up..

Most of the ppl in this forum probably have better ad idea's then what that AD is...

Just my 2 cents-:eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.