Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertSilver

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 18, 2011
Portland, OR
So I'm on store.apple.com "testing" out the process to add a line to my current Verizon family plan (one of my lines does already have a grandfathered unlimited data plan). When I go through the process I'm allowed to select a data plan called "Unlimited iPhone" for $29.99/month and even add it to the cart with this information intact. I'm not going forward with this purchase since I just wanted to go through the process to prepare myself for the iPhone 6 preorder.

Anybody know what's going on here? Verizon obviously doesn't offer unlimited data anymore and it definitely can't be this easy to add a line with it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-10 at 9.19.39 PM.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2014-09-10 at 9.19.39 PM.jpeg
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,674
  • Screen Shot 2014-09-10 at 9.19.00 PM.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2014-09-10 at 9.19.00 PM.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 1,578

DesertSilver

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 18, 2011
Portland, OR
As an update to this thread, I just tried this same thing on verizon.com and didn't see the unlimited option.

Anyone have any ideas or experience on obtaining this "Unlimited iPhone" plan from apple.com?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-11 at 6.31.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-11 at 6.31.28 AM.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 732

DesertSilver

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 18, 2011
Portland, OR
Am I the only one that's seeing this data plan when adding a line to their Verizon FamilyShare plan? I was able to order an iPhone 6 with this "Unlimited iPhone" data plan. This was adding a brand new line with a brand new phone number to an existing FamilyShare plan.

The pricing of this plan seems to hint towards their grandfathered unlimited data since the "newer" data plans run in whole dollar's ($30.00, 40.00, 50.00, etc) and the older grandfathered unlimited is exactly the same price as this "Unlimited iPhone" plan.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-12 at 9.58.22 AM.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2014-09-12 at 9.58.22 AM.jpeg
    49.4 KB · Views: 931

samg77

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
So I'm on store.apple.com "testing" out the process to add a line to my current Verizon family plan (one of my lines does already have a grandfathered unlimited data plan). When I go through the process I'm allowed to select a data plan called "Unlimited iPhone" for $29.99/month and even add it to the cart with this information intact. I'm not going forward with this purchase since I just wanted to go through the process to prepare myself for the iPhone 6 preorder.

Anybody know what's going on here? Verizon obviously doesn't offer unlimited data anymore and it definitely can't be this easy to add a line with it.

Odd your on an old plan with shared minutes vs shared data, I wonder if others with shared minute plans can get the unlimited data option. Im checking now..

samg77

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
I am also able to add unlimited iPhone to my account. 29.99 (its on my account with the old Share Family minutes vs data, I have two accounts). This is awesome!

bornblind

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2008
Alabama
So I paid full price this morning to keep my unlimited data. I guess I would have to accept a new number and then cancel my old unlimited number to get this to be a benefit? That is if Verizon doesn't remove it after the fact.

DesertSilver

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 18, 2011
Portland, OR
Yeah, this is very strange since we all know Verizon isn't offering unlimited data anymore so it was a big surprise when I saw it as a selection. I added a line to this same account last year for the 5S and didn't have unlimited available.

So I guess I'll just have to wait and see if Verizon will take this away from me saying it was some system glitch...

----------

So I paid full price this morning to keep my unlimited data. I guess I would have to accept a new number and then cancel my old unlimited number to get this to be a benefit? That is if Verizon doesn't remove it after the fact.

Yeah, if VZW doesn't take this away when activating, the grandfathered unlimited data plans are selling for ~$500 on ebay. Just saying...

bornblind

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2008
Alabama
Just completed order. Received email from apple and CC has been charged. We shall see.

Attachments

• Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 1,416
Last edited:

bornblind

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2008
Alabama
apple.com allowing me to add new iPhone to Verizon account with unlimited

Yeah, this is very strange since we all know Verizon isn't offering unlimited data anymore so it was a big surprise when I saw it as a selection. I added a line to this same account last year for the 5S and didn't have unlimited available.

So I guess I'll just have to wait and see if Verizon will take this away from me saying it was some system glitch...

----------

Yeah, if VZW doesn't take this away when activating, the grandfathered unlimited data plans are selling for ~$500 on ebay. Just saying...

So actually, as long as it stays upon activating, then I could just swap sims between my 5S and the I6 and then sell the new 2 year account off attached to the now old I5S I was going to sell anyways.

Last edited:

GelatinousFury

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2014
Just completed order. Received email from apple and CC has been charged. We shall see.

I just ordered exactly as you did. I added an extra line to my old VZW Nationwide plan, got an iPhone 6+ at the subsidized price, and chose the "Unlimited iPhone" data plan. We'll see what happens. We already had 2x UDP lines on the account so this new line makes #3.

ercsliberty

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2011
just did it, added a line, will get the new subsidized phone with a new line, than will sell my old m2m unlimited plan for $400.....profit

GelatinousFury

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2014
just did it, added a line, will get the new subsidized phone with a new line, than will sell my old m2m unlimited plan for $400.....profit

Can you sell just a single unlimited plan from an account of multiple lines, or does the Assumption of Liability apply to the entire account?

dcpmark

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2009
Didn't work for me, but I just have one unlimited data line under the old Talk and Text plan. When I try to add a line it only lets me choose a More Everything Plan.

DesertSilver

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 18, 2011
Portland, OR
Can you sell just a single unlimited plan from an account of multiple lines, or does the Assumption of Liability apply to the entire account?

Yes, you just gotta call customer service to have them separate out the line. They didn't question anything when I requested one of my lines to be put on its own plan.

JayIsAwesome

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2013
Texas
I actually edged up with VZW and they let me keep my unlimited data. I still have no idea how the hell that happened.

JayIsAwesome

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2013
Texas
So you pre ordered iphone 6/6+ yesterday on apple site and chose iphone unlimited plan and the line already showed up your Verizon account? Please clarify if I'm wrong. Thanks

No, I preordered through Verizon's site and they let me keep my unlimited data plan. I didn't change my plan. I just upgraded via Edge and checked out. No plan changes or anything. Funny thing is I did a test run on Thursday with a GS5 and it made me pick a new data plan
But when I Edge'd it let me keep my plan the exact same

mso4

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2009
No, I preordered through Verizon's site and they let me keep my unlimited data plan. I didn't change my plan. I just upgraded via Edge and checked out. No plan changes or anything. Funny thing is I did a test run on Thursday with a GS5 and it made me pick a new data plan
But when I Edge'd it let me keep my plan the exact same

Did you pay full price for it or the subsidized price for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.