18th Birthday = Apple tattoo!!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dcardenas, Oct 18, 2008.

1. dcardenas macrumors newbie

Hey guys, just wanted your feedback on my tattoo. Today is my birthday and for last 6 months I've been designing a tattoo that incorporate my two loves: Gears of War ( without being to video gamish ) and Apple. My goal was two make something unique and not too dated ( I dont want something that in twenty wears wont be recognized), I also was ok with an apple obsession but I didnt want to be obsessed to a video game. I present to you Apple Gears:
    [​IMG]+ [​IMG]=[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i hope you dont look back in 20 years and regret it

3. dcardenas thread starter macrumors newbie

I took that into consideration. I will always be an apple fanboy and the gear is something pretty universal. the thing is that my friends who ive known since I was little will be getting the same gear but inside will be something symbolic and unique to them.

4. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    I like this one better...

Cool!

Attached Files:

5. dcardenas thread starter macrumors newbie

i know

I was thinking of getting that but I dont think my friends would have talked to me if I had gotten it ;)

6. Lurchdubious macrumors 65816

Lurchdubious

Why on the leg? Why not your shoulder or shoulder blade? For more visibility?

(Sorry to hate. For some reason I've never liked leg tattoo's at all.) I do like the gear, but putting the apple inside comes across to me as, well, fruity. I dunno, you know what they say about opinions...:rolleyes:

On a side note, are you as pumped as I am for GOW2???

7. Cyberjenks macrumors newbie

Hmm

OMG!!! O.k I'm not going to lie and say I ve never thought of getting a tattoo or for that matter even an Apple tattoo....but......I hope you like it. At the end of the day thats all that matters.
    But you got to tell me....whats it like to kill both your parents at the same time? I'm kidding I'm sure they think it's the coolest thing they've ever seen.

8. dcardenas thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats pun-ny!!!! lol
    The leg overall was the best choice since I cant walk into the apple store without a shirt... and the arm is overused. GoW2 is gonna be awesome, definitely camping out for that.

to the other guy:
    Im 18 idc what my parents think, but i didnt tell them that (lol) i just asked nicely!!

P.S. when my mom saw she asked when the drip mark would wash off ..:) I could not stop laughing at that

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm not a big fan of tattoos anyway, but I don't like that. The Apple logo looks all broken.

10. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

if anyone cares… my advice: i love Apple and all but that is very stupid! your 18! at least get a tattoo that you will not regret in your life. what if Apple crashes and some dude will be like why do you have a fruit tattoo? of course this is just advice and all but hopefully you will take this on board. you dont want to be the douchebag with the Apple tat.

my bro's getting a tatoo of our family coat of arms. at least when hes old he will not regret the tat as its his family name and heritage.

[​IMG]

11. vincebio macrumors 6502a

vincebio

sad..really sad

apple are a fantastic computer company...i love most products they release..and own all of them probably

but why anyone would want a capatalist logo on there skin for the rest of their life is totally beyond me...

you might as well stick a Federal Reserve Bank logo on your forehead

get out more

12. allmIne macrumors 6502a

allmIne

Why does it matter if the logo is capitalist? I can't see what difference that makes; I can't see the point of having any company logo as a tatoo, but capitalism doesn't really come into it..?

13. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

Imagine this was 15-20 years ago: here are your tatoo options:

IBM (PC division now Lenovo)
    Packard Bell (now Acer)
    Gateway (now Acer)
    Tandy (sold to AST, then Samsung)
    Compaq
    Sun
    HP
    Dell

So, I'm not saying Apple won't be around for...the rest of your life; but technology changes at a rapid pace.

14. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

I mean, you're now an "adult," do whatever you want, but since you asked:

I just question:
    a) 18-year olds getting tats
    b) Computer company tats
    d) Video game tats

The common thread in all of those is none of them will exist or hold the same importance when you are in your thirties. And yes, that includes you. Thirty-year old dcardenas will want to slap 18-year old dcardenas around, believe me.

I'll admit, the closest I came was when I was 19, but what would I have gotten at the time? Using the same basic criteria, a Heath logo surrounded by Pong. OK, that's kinda silly, but you get the idea. This stuff is what your world revolves around (or so you think) now. It's gonna change a lot in two years, much less twenty.

Removal or alteration is more painful and less pleasant to look at as the original. And you will want them removed or altered, that is a 100% guarantee. Assuming of course, you grow beyond the point of an 18-year old whose live revolves around those items (you will, trust me, sooner or later).

At the very least, why not try for something smaller & less obtrusive to start? That way, it is less of a drastic change later, or can be expanded on more creatively if you want.

Oh, and Happy Birthday!

15. bartelby macrumors Core

I could have sworn Apple was around 15-20 years ago...

16. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

Apple was more cult-like werent they? now with iTunes, iPods/iPhones and Macs + Mac OS X gaining popularity Apple is well known today.

17. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I trust you're the same for all media related tattoos - music, films etc?

18. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Actually, I just wonder about any "billboard" tat, where I'd be acting as either an advert for the company/media/production, or demonstrating my affinity for something so transitory as a product of any kind.

Like I said, one can do to themselves whatever they wish. I think the ability to take a somewhat "bigger view" of the long-term viability of those choices is pretty important too.

19. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

20. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

That's a tramp stamp if I ever saw one! I know they're trashy, but they're also kind of sexy in a way...

21. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Thats cool dude. However, with the people on this forum, I wouldn't have posted it. I'd be unwilling to post a new hair cut with some of the opinionated MFs on here.

Kudos though, it's ace. :D

22. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

Gears of War is one of the most lifeless and truly awful games I have ever played. The action is slow, the characters are boring and the environments are terrible.

I really have no idea why it sold so well.

23. Lurchdubious macrumors 65816

Lurchdubious

Well, you're right, it's no SimCity.

It's cool.

24. lwood1 macrumors 6502

OMG [​IMG]

If I ever met a girl with that [​IMG]

Where'd you get that??