Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eiprol

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2009
Spain

Hi all,

I'm one of the two brothers behind 1sland, a free game just released on the App Store. It's currently being featured on the App Store across the world, and we are super excited about it! It's the kind of thing that you always hope you could achieve, but at the same time, you don't really expect it to happen... we are truly thankful for that, and wanted to share a little bit more about the game :)

We created 1sland as our personal take on free games, trying to make a freemium game in a beautiful way, removing ads by default, and limiting transactions inside it, so it becomes a more fair experience. We wanted it to be beautiful, calming, relaxing, and competitive at the same time. We replaced the usual purchases you find in free games, with a more fair Paddle Pass system, that you can only buy once, and which is intended to support our development and our server infrastructure.

The main objective of the game is finding an island that changes place every few hours (6h). To do so, you must use different hints (flares); but you gotta be fast, because it's a multiplayer game, and even though you don't see people sailing real-time, they are in fact looking for the same island at the same time! First to find it gets the ability to customize it (so the rest of sailors can see it), and earns a big bounty. The rest of sailors earn some points to rank up on a global leaderboard, and some prizes as well.

In between rounds, you can engage on mini-games to earn more points, or just wander around. It's up to you!

We hope you enjoy it !

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Congratulations to you and your brother on the effort, making the game and releasing it. It looks to have good production value and a good moral monetisation strategy, though sadly I think you could've made more money by being amoral dicks and just manipulating people... But I'm glad you didn't :)

I'm not really sure it's my kind of game, but I'll give it a go; Cheers

Reactions: eiprol

eiprol

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2009
Spain
Thank you so much! If you finally give it a go, feel free to let me know what you think about it, and what's your feedback on it :)

CadeTheCrow

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2020
I just tried out the game and it is very cool and I love the idea. I was wondering if there is a place to give feedback.

eiprol

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2009
Spain
I just tried out the game and it is very cool and I love the idea. I was wondering if there is a place to give feedback.
Thank you so much! Feel free to do it wherever you want; we created a subreddit (r/1sland), a mail address (1sland@nada.studio) or just our regular Twitter account (@wearenada)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.