2.2.1 Battery Life Improved

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Takeurtime, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Takeurtime macrumors member

Since the update i been getting much better battery life. Before the update after an hour of heavy use i would be at 94-95 percent. Now after the same usage im still ar 100 percent! So even tho its not what most wanted its still a very good update.

Anyone else notice improvement on battery life?

2. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

3. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Or your battery isnt calibrated... My guess is it will jump down pretty quickly.

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

My battery life fluctuates based on a million factors that are out of my control. (For example, which cubicle am I in the most at work today? The one closer to the window gets better signal and thus better battery.)

I can't really judge how the battery is doing without using the phone for about a week and going through several charges and looking at everyone 'on average.'

Since 2.2.1 has been out for about 44 hours at this point, I'm afraid to say that your results don't really mean much.

5. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

My battery is crap when I stream the Stern show.

6. Macman756 macrumors 6502a

Macman756

I get horrible battery life on my phone. I now get used to charging it at least once a day. After like 20min talk time, 45display time and like 1hr of on off texting, its at half charge. I'm sure this is right?

7. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

This is a problem. I hate I need to carry the data cable everywhere I go with this thing. No removable battery is a bad idea.....imo

8. Private Dirt macrumors regular

Private Dirt

How do you stream the Stern show. Howard Stern right??

9. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

Ya, the Stern show. I stream it for FREE!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

10. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

This has probably been asked before, but, how often should I charge my iPhone battery?

I recently purchased an iPhone 3G and want to make the best use of the battery.

11. Private Dirt macrumors regular

Private Dirt

It is like your little secret as to how you do it or what? Or would you care to share? :)

12. Takeurtime thread starter macrumors member

I have no reson to lie. I guess you did not see my thread that I modified the iphone to have TWO batteries(http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=642403). Thats why I have such great battery life. And my battery does NOT go from 100 percent to 70 percent "all of a sudden." That only happens when you have the one oem battery. I seen that happen to me many times. But with two batteries on the iphone the meter goes down 1 percent at a time.

What I was pointing out was that before this update the iphone went down a bit faster from 100 percent to 94-95. Now it stood at 100 percent for 1 hour and 35 minutes of continous use. Below I posted 3 screen shots, 1st one showing before the upgrade with only 29% battery power left. The 2nd shows 2:17 minutes at 93%. And the 3rd that same as the 2nd but with the oem icon.

Nice having 2 batteries on the iphone, no need to have to be carrying ANYTHING to charge the phone! Anyone else wants/needs better battery life like my phone? PM me.

Attached Files:

13. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

14. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

What the hell? And hour of heavy use for me will use 50, 60, sometimes 70% of my battery.

I think you need to calibrate that battery of yours. ;)

15. Private Dirt macrumors regular

Private Dirt

ya.. battery life is my only "REAL" issue with this phone. As long as you have a charger at work, home and in the car and and extra wall charger in your back pack(provided you carry one)then your golden.

16. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

LMAO! So have you iPhone no place there isn't a source to power it pretty much?

17. macmulisha macrumors member

Its not nice to keep secrets!!

18. Takeurtime thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. Worth the effort because it makes the using the iphone so much better. Its like using the nokia e71, with that phone you can do anything and battery lasts forever. Thats how its been with this battery mod, battery just lasts no matter what you do. Before doing this I returned the iphone 3g a few times because I got tired of using the thing for an 2 hours and had to charge right away... hated it.

I do have a nice "case mod" which charges the iphone while its in your hip. The only thing is you have to plug the iphone with the small connector after you put the phone on the case. Very nice if you need more power to get you through the day.

19. Takeurtime thread starter macrumors member

Haha, did that,done that, its REAL buddy.

20. Private Dirt macrumors regular

Private Dirt

Troll :rolleyes:

21. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

He doesn't stream Stern...

22. jgunn macrumors regular

Turn off location services if you have it on. This drains the battery more than anything. If you need to use the GPS, turn it on when you use it.

23. Private Dirt macrumors regular

Private Dirt

Ya i figured as much

Moving on!

24. haddman macrumors regular

Actually I heard on Stern today they had the guy on who is a developer for a Sirius radio app coming soon. (Currently in the approval process with a limited # of test/beta users already using it.) It streams any channel you can normally stream online, displays album artwork, and even lets you buy the songs from iTunes. Sounds pretty cool, can't wait!!

25. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

how did u get the numbers on the iphones insteada the battery icon.... is it jailbroken?