Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

karenmb

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2007
Email and Facebook DO NOT update/work without turning the phone off then on when I am using Edge Network. This did not happen before the update!

I have a first generation Iphone. This is very annoying.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Yeah sometimes it is just best to wait for the 2.3 update instead of these pidly ones. I dont have any issues and this update doesnt really do crap for me, so im stayin where im at till a real update is released.

TrapOx

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2008
Denver
Thats exactly what I'm doing. An x.x.1 update isn't worth my time if I have to unlock and jailbreak it again for a minor update that doesn't affect anything I use.

Hawkeye411

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2007
Canada EH!!!
Safari has been working VERY well.

It seems to me that the "back button" on Safari remains active when you go back to Safari after you have closed it and opened a different app. Really useful at times!!

Arthur Vandelay

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2009
read something about the keys not popping up in safari, "h" key still not properly working. when typing it pops up for the first h but not for any after that.

I have that same issue, tends to be the "C" key!

So it seems the key problem is not an isolated issue.
In my case sometimes non of the keys pop-up while typing. I noticed it happens usually on hotmail.com, but not always. It's driving me crazy... I think Microsoft is trying to mess with my head!

leodavinci0

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2006
:eek:

DO NOT PUT YOUR iPhone IN AIRPLANE MODE OR LEAVE IT LOCKED BEFORE YOU UPDATE!!!111!!!

i put my iPhone in Airplane mode so that no one would call and interrupt the update, not realizing that when the iPhone goes into recovery mode, this is not possible anyway. Also, I recently started locking my iPhone to protect my privacy.

Yes, i know it was dumb to do all that before an update, and I probably skipped that part of the warning in the fine print, but just in case anyone does it, here's a little advice:

1.) First, after the update is complete, you may get a warning from iTunes that says something like "because the iPhone is locked, it may not be able to reconnect to iTunes" However, the warning does not say how to resolve this.

2.) You may also get a message that says SIM Card cannot be found or is not correct.

3.) Don't Panic. Just disconnect the iPhone from you computer and try to make emergency call (you actually have to try and make an emergency call).

4.) When you do this, the phone will tell you that Airplane Mode is enabled and will ask you if you want to disable it in order to make the call. Click "Yes"! :rolleyes:

5.) Next, for some reason, it will give you a chance to enter your passcode, and you'll be taken to your normal iPhone desktop.

6.) Hopefully, at this point, the iPhone will obtain a signal and declare that it is activated. Then, everything should be back to normal. At least, everything is back to normal for me so far. ;)

OK, now that I've finished my newbie rant, all the experienced Apple Fans can feel free to flame away at me :D

I had this exact thing happen to me before, maybe it was the 2.0 update. The directions are appreciated, since it took me about 30 minutes of wrangling to figure out what to do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.