Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjlannoo

Suspended
Oct 8, 2011
Question: Should I get a Fitbit band now, or wait to see what Apple brings to the table?

I would wait if you can especially if you are already heavily invested in the Apple ecosystem. The integration will be great I bet.

----------

is personal health enough of an important matter that technological innovation should be invested into providing a solution to help people take better stock into their wellbeing and perhaps even change people's attitudes about health...

yes ....or was your post supposed to be sarcastic?

pdaholic

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2011
I'm curious...if the iWatch is a conduit for the phone, and the iWatch connects to the iPhone by bluetooth, will we still be able to connect a bluetooth headset to the phone so we can answer calls? Surely the iPhone can handle interacting with two bluetooth devices at once???

jjlannoo

Suspended
Oct 8, 2011
I'm curious...if the iWatch is a conduit for the phone, and the iWatch connects to the iPhone by bluetooth, will we still be able to connect a bluetooth headset to the phone so we can answer calls? Surely the iPhone can handle interacting with two bluetooth devices at once???

I would assume so, keyboards and mice work at the same time on computers.

Skylitfly

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2014
I can't believe you asked that.
#

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2011
I run 5k to 10k daily. I am somewhat excited about the expansion of the health aspect as well as an iWatch. If you noticed most athletic gear goes for light weight and streamlined. I think Apple is waiting until the ideas behind In Time can become a reality before marketing to the masses.

You need an eating hobby... can I send you some twinkies? Jk :D

pdaholic

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2011
I can't believe you asked that.
#

Well, I've never actually tried connecting two bluetooth devices at once. I've connected a keyboard, and a bluetooth headset, but never tried typing while talking on the phone ;)

chr1s60

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2007
California
I’m not sure. Last year, I made a little mockup of an iWatch with a 2.5" display. Didn’t seem too big to me. (I assumed it at the time that it’d use the same software as the iPod Nano. I’ve since done mockups of an iOS 7-ish UI on a 2.5" display.)

[url=https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BFfHQmiCEAAVeK_.jpg]Image[/URL]

An iWatch with a 2.5" (well, 2.45") display and a resolution of 480x640 would have the same pixel density as the current iPhones.

The post that started a storm.

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
Do you wear a watch just to know what time it is?

Call me old fashion, but that's exactly why I wear a watch.

Because that has been unnecessary for twenty plus years now and is weird, regardless of how much you paid for it.

I've got several watches, all automatics. My favorite watch is my $50 Seiko 5. I find the sweeping second hand relaxing.:cool: I also like the barely noticeable tick-tick-tick when I'm in a completely quiet room. Again, very relaxing.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
Too big to be very compelling for me. I'm also completely uninterested in the "fitness wearables" fad and will be disappointed if that's the focus of the device. But there have been so many competing predictions and rumors that I guess we'll all just have to wait and see at this point because there's no way to pick the truth from everything that's been speculated.

jlasoon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2006
Orlando, FL
After the iMac downgrade release, I expect nothing less from Apple. Who's going to buy this crap?

Maybe we'll get the iBracelet next, and the iNecklace. How about some iShoes?

All interconnected with a direct link to the NSA Fusion centers around the country lol.

Does the Mac Mini still exist? Maybe we'll get a slower Mini with soldered memory for the upcoming update. Should be revolutionary. :roll eyes:

jlasoon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2006
Orlando, FL
Too big to be very compelling for me. I'm also completely uninterested in the "fitness wearables" fad and will be disappointed if that's the focus of the device.

If the focus is fitness failure becomes inevitable. Hey Apple, have you not been to Wal-Mart lately? The average BMI in the country is 30 :D

Siri on iWatch "Stop eating crap food you glutinous land whale"

doelcm82

macrumors 68040
Feb 11, 2012
Florida, USA
People who desire to spend their (or their parents') cash on these iOS devices just want them to be "cool." They want to be seen as "different" and "edgy" and "rad." It's not like these devices provide some usefulness, no, of course not. They're just status symbols. In fact, I take public transportation just to whip out my iPhone in front of morning commuters. And I don't even turn on the phone. I just pretend I do while I feel the look of envy of passersby.
When I wanted to look cool in front of everyone back in the very early 1980s, I'd pull out my dichromatic hologram pendant that I ordered from the Edmund Scientific Catalog.
These days, if I pull out my iPhone, I don't really care whether anyone around me is watching.
The "edgy" and "different" and "rad" folks are the ones who troll these boards to say they are into analog watches or land lines. I don't even understand how they get so many posts in with their dial-up connections.

CharlieBrandt09

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2012
Southern NJ
Taking all the available information, I believe I have designed a 100% accurate mock-up.

Attachments

• funnyiwatch.jpg
    funnyiwatch.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 84

SHNXX

macrumors 68000
Oct 2, 2013
That mock-up truly looks hideous!

wait a second - will the Iwatch be the first collaborative product by Beats/Apple.
and why stop at 2.5" when you could go for a whopping 8" timepiece

Iclock by Dre

Image :rolleyes:

iSaucer by Dre, in collaboration with Diesel.
You can wrap it around your wrist, neck or even ankle.
It's magical

ru3yzy4u.jpg

ttss6

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2014
California
I see apple making the iWatch circular with a wrap around strap that the watch slips into like the iPad Airs fit in the smart cases that can come in lots of "fun" colors!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.