2.5-Inch iWatch with Wireless Charging and Pulse Sensor to Enter Mass Production in July

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 19, 2014.

1. bigandtasty macrumors 6502

bigandtasty

People still wear watches? Funny, you sure don't see many people wearing them now days. Smartphones do it all. So instead of pulling my iPhone out, I can just pretend its not there and use this watch thingy to control it.

Blowing minds

2. SHNXX macrumors 68000

The Swiss watch industrys 40 bn annual revenue disagrees with you.

3. ghettochris macrumors 6502a

4. Tough Guy macrumors regular

They should rename this thing the "iFlop".

I don't know any human being who could possibly want this thing.

5. Gooberton macrumors 65816

The pebble sold a ton and I'm sure a lot will want this. On a side note no ones cares what someone who signed up today for this site has to say

6. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

I think they're more likely to call it the Android Watch than they are to call it an iPod. In other words, no chance at all. It's clearly not an iPod and naming it that would only cause consumer confusion.

7. mattbaar26 macrumors regular

I would have hoped for a smaller screen with more relevant information, more of a health focus.

8. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

qft.

9. ksuyen macrumors 6502a

ksuyen

I found it's funny that people so readily judge something that is still completely non-existent. :confused:

But it happens to Apple products most of the time. :apple:

10. Tough Guy macrumors regular

Oh yeah. It sold so much that I have never once seen anyone... anywhere... wearing one. Ever. The iFlop is going to be a total disaster.

And I didn't sing up today. Not that it really matters.

11. GregAndonian macrumors 6502

Going by that logic, shouldn't they have used something other than "iPhone" for their music, calling, and internet communications device? It's far more than a phone, after all...

12. SHNXX macrumors 68000

2.5-Inch iWatch with Wireless Charging and Pulse Sensor to Enter Mass Product...

iFit anyone?

13. eastamherstbias macrumors 6502

I am sure it will have a similar lock out feature like the iphone otherwise thefts will skyrocket.

14. reevans macrumors member

reevans

Geometry can be such a pain!

Geometry doesn't seem to be your strong point: Woz's wrist is 'wide' not long. Woz's watch is circular and the "slightly rectangular" rumoured iWatch has corners that stick out (from a circular diameter) that give it the extra diagonal dimensions.

15. SHNXX macrumors 68000

2.5-Inch iWatch with Wireless Charging and Pulse Sensor to Enter Mass Product...

No matter what, a nearly square shape with 2.5 inch diagonal will look silly on more than 70% of the population including women.

A thin rectangular shape would be much more palatable although the screen would have to be curved.

16. henryhbk macrumors member

Yep, it's a shame that apple welded the keyboard to the front and you can't buy another keyboard...

17. spjonez macrumors member

Great story, you should save that one for a party.

So a device you haven't seen, or used, is DOA? That's a logical fallacy.

Are you honestly comparing the general public's health to home screen widgets..?

18. firewood macrumors 604

Maybe. Maybe not. But people still buy many $Billion dollars of them every year. Even if to stick 'em in the bottoms of drawers, Apple wants some of that drawer space. A few $Billion worth of drawer space will do.

But, if they exist, I bet lots of people will wear them... millions of people... for the same reason they wear the same (expensive but mediocre fidelity) Beats headphones and buds that famous athletes wear.

19. vice-versa macrumors member

The new iOS supposedly has home screen widgets. A bunch of Android fanboys were crying foul about it on another forum. LOL