Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sabbath

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2003
London
greenmonsterman said:
i need to find the Seattle Apple store so I can see these things up close.

They look really slick in photos.

Ill be popping down to my local reseller soon to check them out, hopefully they should have one on show by next weekend.

My beloved 20" display which I cost me a fortune is now talked about in macrumors news as the bottom end of the line :( hehe

the_mole1314

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2003
Akron, OH
greenmonsterman said:
i need to find the Seattle Apple store so I can see these things up close.

They look really slick in photos.

Went this past weekend, didn't see any. I'll go latter today to see if they have any in. My guess is to go this weekend.

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
from anouncement to shipping

took 2 weeks. Sounds good to me. If they can keep that up for all products from now on, iMac announced August 30, shipping 2 weeks later. Giving schools enough time to possibly get them in if they wanted them. As soon as I have some money, I'm getting a 20 incher.

The Red Wolf

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2004
Occi Dens Pacifica
Displays

I've seen twin 30"'s up close. As well as the 23" and the 20". All have immaculate image quality. I've seen nothing to equal them in the LCD Market. Period. USB 2.0 and Firewire in the back are a lovely touch. So is the ability to mount them on the wall (VESA) if you like. There is nothing "low end" about the smaller displays. They represent the best LCDs available.

macridah

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2004
Nor-Cal
I hope the LCD's arrive in the apple store very soon. I'll be calling my local apple store to check. Seriously, I saw the 30" at the WWDC and my jaw dropped. It's been a while since I saw one in person, and I can't wait to see it again.

I was going to pre-order it, but I wanted to wait and see how the new iMac's will look like.

I wonder if the new iMac's will be headless or if they will use the same LCD's as these displays.

Soire

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2004
Garden State
Crazy thought of the day- This is the week Apple will ship all the sh*t that they've shown us.

AKA My 20" will have a 2.5 to go with it, and not sit all lonely, making me depressed. ;)

remingtonhill

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2004
Fort Worth, TX
Apple LCD Image Quality?

I've seen the Apple LCDs (not the new ones) and noticed how immaculate the image quality is.

The specifications seem to be beat by cheaper lcd displays, but the apple displays look much better. Why is that?

-Rem

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
Bhennies said:
Well, the reseller I ordered my 23" from has no info about them shipping, so I hope they get them soon as well. HURRY UP APPLE!

I'm sure the Apple Retail Stores will be getting them first as always. Hopefully they'll have them in store and setup on display there by this weekend so we can finally see them in person.

webplummer

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2003
NY, NY
Yeah, all this stuff (displays, Airport Express) was squeezed to ship today so Steve can count those figures in tonight's sales call. In financial reports, if you haven't shipped the product, you don't get to count the revenue.

Tremaine

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2004
Lancetx said:
I'm sure the Apple Retail Stores will be getting them first as always. Hopefully they'll have them in store and setup on display there by this weekend so we can finally see them in person.

Considering mine is sitting in my office right now after shipping yesterday, I assume Apple Stores received them overnight.

Xenious

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2004
Texas, USA
Any 23"'s showing up as shipped? I ordered mine when it came out and it still says on or before July 26.

Anyone who got one, lets see some real world pix please and some reviews :)

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
Low contrast ratio

The contrast ratio of the new displays is only 400:1

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
macridah said:
I wonder if the new iMac's will be headless or if they will use the same LCD's as these displays.

I doubt they will use these same displays.

Gasu E.

macrumors 603
Mar 20, 2004
Not far from Boston, MA.
Yes, but...

Good news: they beat the projected ship date for my 20" by 15 days (from July 27 to July 12) :)

Bad news: they moved the ship date for my dual 1.8 G5 out 15 days (from July 8 to July 23) :eek:

I suppose I gained a net 4 days in the transaction...
:eek:

Karlchen

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2003
Germany
23 incher in 15' PB Alu

Just one little question...

I got an 15' Aluminium Powerbook 1Ghz with an ATI 64MG card...
will I have any problems driving a 23inch Apple display on the DVI-connection ?

Any help would be greatly appriciated...

rogo

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2004
None of these products have any effect on tomorrow's conference call.

The quarter ended June 30.

These products shipping today allows the first revenues to be recognized today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.