Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thedogcow

macrumors member
May 28, 2004
Norman, OK (Moving Soon!)
ImAlwaysRight said:
Yeah, but the "lower end" also starts at $1299. Don't think you'll find too many SWITCHERS at that price. I'll stick with my Dell 19" LCD with DVI input I picked up for under $400.

You can stick to your Dell piece of **** for under $400. I'll stick with my high quality made display.

Please. Don't switch to the Mac. We don't want you here.

wPod

macrumors 68000
Aug 19, 2003
Denver, CO
cool i want to check them out at the mac store. still too much money for me to pay (poor college student) but man those would look incredible next to my 12" pb . . .heh

itsa

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2004
varmit said:
took 2 weeks. Sounds good to me. If they can keep that up for all products from now on, iMac announced August 30, shipping 2 weeks later. Giving schools enough time to possibly get them in if they wanted them. As soon as I have some money, I'm getting a 20 incher.

Still not shipping them 2.5's.... and getting pushed back more and more eveyday!

webplummer

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2003
NY, NY
rogo said:
None of these products have any effect on tomorrow's conference call.

The quarter ended June 30.

These products shipping today allows the first revenues to be recognized today.

Ah. Thanks for clearing that up.

bar italia

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2004
thedogcow said:
You can stick to your Dell piece of **** for under $400. I'll stick with my high quality made display.

Please. Don't switch to the Mac. We don't want you here.
What the hell is wrong with you?

You're certainly not speaking for me when you write "We don't want you here".

Creepy Mac fanatics like you make me want to buy a PC.

rendezvouscp

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2003
Long Beach, California
Karlchen said:
Just one little question...

I got an 15' Aluminium Powerbook 1Ghz with an ATI 64MG card...
will I have any problems driving a 23inch Apple display on the DVI-connection ?

Any help would be greatly appriciated...

Your PB is well equiped to run the 23" display. Don't worry about it.
–Chase

rendezvouscp

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2003
Long Beach, California
itsa said:
Still not shipping them 2.5's.... and getting pushed back more and more eveyday!

How much have the 2.5's been pushed back already? I'm assuming you have one on order. I would think that they would start showing up now, since a few have slipped out.
–Chase

itsa

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2004
rendezvouscp said:
How much have the 2.5's been pushed back already? I'm assuming you have one on order. I would think that they would start showing up now, since a few have slipped out.
–Chase

started off the 12th then the 15th then the 17th then the 27th and now
Today it was pushed back to early next month.
The apple store is still just saying July but everyone else is saying apple will ship them on the 27th.

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
bar italia said:
Creepy Mac fanatics like you make me want to buy a PC.

Ah c'mon now. There are plenty of creeps and zealots out there on both sides of the Mac and PC debate. I'm certainly not going to let any of them dictate what computer I use and neither should you, just ignore them. I don't care what anybody says or thinks, or whether they're a creep or not anyway, I'm never going back to a PC. :D

JGowan

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2003
Mineola TX
a Dilemma...

I'm got a dilemma (albeit a nice dilemma):

I can't decide between getting two 23" displays or one 30" display. Right now, I'm working with a 23" and a 21" CRT (so I like having the separate work areas), but DAMN, the 30" is just so big and juicy...

Your thoughts?

Ge4-ce

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2003
Belgium
JGowan said:

I can't decide between getting two 23" displays or one 30" display. Right now, I'm working with a 23" and a 21" CRT (so I like having the separate work areas), but DAMN, the 30" is just so big and juicy...

Your thoughts?

If that's a dilemma, considering the high list of TOP apple equipement you have, I would suggest you take the 2 x 23" displays and just buy the 30" as a modern painting on the wall. Or you can buy 2 x 30" !! You probably can afford it.. ;) (no offence dud just makes me laugh, that you call that a dilemma while about 99.9% of the people in this world cannot afford even 1 23" display)

MacG

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2004
JGowan said:

Your thoughts?

Dude, get the 30! Serious bragging rights. But you better have a huge desk! :D
And if you like dual setup, keep the 23 and run that as second display :eek:

rendezvouscp

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2003
Long Beach, California
JGowan said:

Your thoughts?

Try two 23". If you can get the 30" now, and think at one point you'll want to get another in addition to the 30" (and have the space for it), then get the 30".
–Chase

Soire

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2004
Garden State
JGowan said:

Your thoughts?

With a setup like that, I wonder why you don't just get a 30" to go with the 23", or sell the CRT and buy the 30". It is nice to have the work area, but if you're getting the nVidia card anyways, then you might as well put it to work on one of your other monitors as well. Or had you not decided to buy the card and 30" combo?

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
We got a new 20" at work today! :eek: WOW!! That was fast!
We were lucky: We had ordered the "old" 20" (ADC) monitor a couple of weeks ago, but we had gotten confirmation that the order was changed to the new 20", which we had received this afternoon!
We had connected the "old" and "new" 20" to a G4 1.25 Ghz w/ Radeon 9000 Pro (OEM), to see the differences.
The new one is brighter (the old one is about 3 months old), and has per default a more "yellower", or "warmer" colour, if you know what I mean.

Love the design! Looks alot smaller due to the much finer edges..... what a beauty!

BigEvan23

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2004
8/10 Shipping Date

UGGH! I just ordered a 23 inch Cinema HD display to compliment my new 1.5ghz G4 15 inch powerbook and the ship date is August 10th. Same for the airport express I ordered. What gives? Does anyone else have this date for shipping. Some guy said he ordered yesterday and it shipped today!

-------------
Sawtooth G4 1.5ghz/1gb/120HD/Rad9800/DVD-107D
Powerbook G4 1.5ghz/1gb/80HD@5400/Rad9700128/Combo
23 Cinema HD On order, AirTunes on order
Contemplating Dual G5...maybe rev c?

MacG

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2004
MacsRgr8 said:
We got a new 20" at work today! :eek: WOW!! That was fast!
We were lucky: We had ordered the "old" 20" (ADC) monitor a couple of weeks ago, but we had gotten confirmation that the order was changed to the new 20", which we had received this afternoon!
We had connected the "old" and "new" 20" to a G4 1.25 Ghz w/ Radeon 9000 Pro (OEM), to see the differences.
The new one is brighter (the old one is about 3 months old), and has per default a more "yellower", or "warmer" colour, if you know what I mean.

Love the design! Looks alot smaller due to the much finer edges..... what a beauty!

xscuseless.gif

brykken

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2004
Augusta, GA
Question:

I got the "older" 23' Cinema Display at the same time I bought my 2.5G5. It's been sitting in the box for over a month just waiting for the mac to attach it to. Considering the new displays are shipping, do you think I should attempt to return this monitor for the new one? I'm sure we'd be able to work something out. It's still in the box, and a ton of people's orders were switched anyway. What do you guys think?

-Brian

jettredmont

macrumors 68030
Jul 25, 2002
JGowan said:

Your thoughts?

Get the 30".

Then ship me the 23" display ... :)

Really, though, I think having two 23" displays would work better for me than one 30" display, but really only because I like the dual-display separation and have the desk space for it. Plus, two 23" displays doesn't necessitate a new (and currently proprietary) video card like a single 30" does ...

Karlchen

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2003
Germany
rendezvouscp said:
Your PB is well equiped to run the 23" display. Don't worry about it.
–Chase

Will the Powerbook be able to run both the internal and the external display on full res ?
Or will the 64mb card get problems with that ?

Thanx....
:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.