2007 NFL Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dandaman

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2004
soCal
I'm a *huge* Broncos fan. I'm upset that I have to have 500+ posts before I can have an avatar, because my usual avatar is the Broncos logo bulldozing the Raiders logo.

Broncos to shine in 2007 and go to SB XLII. Remember that we go every 10 years (XII, XXII, XXXII...)
Oh yeah, i'm very aware of our 10 year visits to the SB. The stars definitely are aligning for us this year.

Do you get to go to any games? I've been to two (playoff win against the Pats and Cutler's first start against he hawks).

GO BRONCOS!

daniel

iRachel

macrumors 6502a
I love the Broncos (despite being from Chicago - I do like the Bears, too).

LinuXtreme, I can't wait to see that avatar, it sounds fun.

Oh, for those of you who live outside of your favorite team's market, like I do, this site is very helpful, it shows where each game is being shown on television. It's generally updated on Tuesdays (if I remember correctly) during the season.

fotografica

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
Boston
BTW, in all seriousness, i bet Moss will be nothing but a hindrance to your team.
Ya know it's funny. I heard the same exact things about Corey Dillon and Bryan Cox..How did those two work out? ;)

Pats have NOTHING to lose on Moss.He acts up or f ups,he's gone..Pretty simple..

applehero

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2007
29º 25' 26"N, 95º 29' 36"W
I'm a Chiefs guy. I think they're going to suck this year due to piss poor off season personnel moves. LJ is still holding out and despite the return of Priest, they have no QB, no off line, no WR's, and no kicker. Not looking too good. I'll still be watchin' every weekend on the NFL ticket, but I think we'll be fighting the Lions for last place. I'm predicting the Pats this year as well, think the Colts were a fluke last year and will maintain their status-quo for this year with blowing it in the playoffs. Haven't really seen anyone who will give the Bears a run for their money, so probably going to be Bears and Pats in the SB.

barr08

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2006
Boston, MA
Ya know it's funny. I heard the same exact things about Corey Dillon and Bryan Cox..How did those two work out? ;)

Pats have NOTHING to lose on Moss.He acts up or f ups,he's gone..Pretty simple..
I hinted at this in a previous post. Dillon's problems didn't even compare to Moss'. I am still excited to see what happens though, and obviously hoping for the best.

Gymnut

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2003
Been a Niners fan since the early '80s and it's been difficult to be a fan in recent years; here's hoping with their stellar offseason and their picks in the draft they'll at the very least make the playoffs.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
Randy Moss has never gone to a team without messing them up. He had something going with Culpepper, but couldn't stay out of the spotlight for 5 minutes. Then he went to Oakland and did absolutely nothing! He was awful in Oakland, and the Patriots already have a good receiving core, if Moss isn't the center of the universe, bad things will happen :p
i have to disagree here. Moss was on pace to break all of Jerry Rice's records when he was young in Minnesota. yeah, he didn't do too much in Oakland, but look at his QBs. his famous words in Oakland, "Why should I give a d*mn, nobody else around here does."

after he posed a 4.29, and 4.30 40-yard dash times for the tryouts in New England, i think he's gonna be great this coming year. he's got the talent, just gotta use it. he's still one of the best in the league

fotografica

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
Boston
I hinted at this in a previous post. Dillon's problems didn't even compare to Moss'. I am still excited to see what happens though, and obviously hoping for the best.
Dunno about that..Dillon was labeled as a malcontent and a distraction in the locker room.As well as somebody that whined when he didn't get enough carries (which is partly why the Pats didn't resign him).
Anyhow,I'm looking forward to an exciting year.I'm headed down to Gillette on Monday to take in camp..

steamboat26

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2006
Arlington VA
i have to disagree here. Moss was on pace to break all of Jerry Rice's records when he was young in Minnesota. yeah, he didn't do too much in Oakland, but look at his QBs. his famous words in Oakland, "Why should I give a d*mn, nobody else around here does."

after he posed a 4.29, and 4.30 40-yard dash times for the tryouts in New England, i think he's gonna be great this coming year. he's got the talent, just gotta use it. he's still one of the best in the league
I'm not saying he didn't do well in Minnesota with Culpepper, but he always had to create controversy.

furcalchick- i'd like to see the Saints in the Superbowl, i think they probably have a better chance than the skins :(

LinuXtreme

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2007
Near Aspen
Oh yeah, i'm very aware of our 10 year visits to the SB. The stars definitely are aligning for us this year.

Do you get to go to any games? I've been to two (playoff win against the Pats and Cutler's first start against he hawks).

GO BRONCOS!

daniel
I've only been to one game (the Lions game @ Mile High in 2003), but may be going to another one this season.

That Pats win was something, wasn't it? I cheered myself hoarse at that 99 yard interception return that Champ made (the cat left the room after that :D).

invasian

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2007
Houston
Pats fan here...anyone interested in doing a macrumors fantasy football league? I or someone could set one up on one of the free sites, if there's enough interest.

barr08

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2006
Boston, MA
Pats fan here...anyone interested in doing a macrumors fantasy football league? I or someone could set one up on one of the free sites, if there's enough interest.
I am in, but I am already comish on one or two leagues, so it would be great if someone else would step up.

Dandaman

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2004
soCal
I've only been to one game (the Lions game @ Mile High in 2003), but may be going to another one this season.

That Pats win was something, wasn't it? I cheered myself hoarse at that 99 yard interception return that Champ made (the cat left the room after that :D).
The two games I went to I went hoarse. The champ interception and the cutler to marshall 71 yard td. Most of the people left the seahawks game. Even with a stadium about 75% filled, Invesco was going nuts. The guy behind me fell two rows down.

good times.

single game tickets go on sale this Saturday at ticketmaster.

daniel

invasian

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2007
Houston
I am in, but I am already comish on one or two leagues, so it would be great if someone else would step up.
I will be the commish...in fact, i'm going to create one right now...is there one that you prefer? Foxsports was horrendous last year but maybe they got the kinks out...and yahoo is always good. Here is the pertinent information for one i just set up at yahoo...

League ID#: 260953
League Name: Macrumors Football
Password: macrumors
Custom League URL: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/macrumors

Once enough people join, we can figure out the specifics...hope to see you peoples out there

Teh Don Ditty

macrumors G4
Jan 15, 2007
Maryland
J-E-T-S

JETS! JETS! JETS!

Mangenius will strike again, and we now have a running game (most likely). Gonna be another great year for the Green & White! Can't wait for 9/9!

cycocelica

macrumors 68000
Apr 28, 2005
Redmond, WA
Between that and your yankees 'tar, you should probably uninstall firefox right away and never come back.
The NFL is full of over paid criminals. At least the kids in college have something to work for.

Yankees take AL East, Mariners take Wild Card.

barr08

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2006
Boston, MA
I will be the commish...in fact, i'm going to create one right now...is there one that you prefer? Foxsports was horrendous last year but maybe they got the kinks out...and yahoo is always good. Here is the pertinent information for one i just set up at yahoo...

Once enough people join, we can figure out the specifics...hope to see you peoples out there
I need to wait until I get home from work to sign up, but as I said, count me in.

furcalchick

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2006
South Florida

i'm in.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
Pats ftw. This season is going to be awesome as long as everyone stays healthy.

Also, Moss won't be a problem. If he ****s up, Belichick will cut his ass.

But I doubt that will happen. He wanted to come to NE to win. It was the only team he said he would take a pay cut for, and he took a huge one to play for the Pats. He wants to win, so I think he'll be just fine.

Applespider

macrumors G4
Been a Niners fan since the early '80s and it's been difficult to be a fan in recent years; here's hoping with their stellar offseason and their picks in the draft they'll at the very least make the playoffs.
I'm a Niners fan and I'm hoping but not convinced they'll make the play-offs. Nolan should be better at game calling (that call at St Louis last year was painful) but I think Smith with miss Norv Turner hugely. I think they almost overachieved their game total last year; remember those truly painful 40+ point games to play-off teams. I think they are another year and another receiver away since I'm not convinced Jackson will stay healthy and Lelie has never really shone in the NFL.

I think the Colts and the Chargers might struggle this year though. The Colts lost lots of defense and while Manning is good, they weren't as dominant as past years last season. If Grossman had played even semi-decently in the Super Bowl, it might have gone the other way. And an entirely new coaching crew in San Diego where the head coach (although a great co-ordinator) has a losing record.

Pats fan here...anyone interested in doing a macrumors fantasy football league?
I'm in although I'll plead now for a draft on a weekend or one that starts before 7pm ET since I'm in London! ;)

Still... it's been a long off-season (I'm reduced to watching the local amateurs) and I'm definitely ready for some football.

Status
Not open for further replies.