2007 NFL Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

invasian

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2007
Houston
I'm a Niners fan and I'm hoping but not convinced they'll make the play-offs. Nolan should be better at game calling (that call at St Louis last year was painful) but I think Smith with miss Norv Turner hugely. I think they almost overachieved their game total last year; remember those truly painful 40+ point games to play-off teams. I think they are another year and another receiver away since I'm not convinced Jackson will stay healthy and Lelie has never really shone in the NFL.

I think the Colts and the Chargers might struggle this year though. The Colts lost lots of defense and while Manning is good, they weren't as dominant as past years last season. If Grossman had played even semi-decently in the Super Bowl, it might have gone the other way. And an entirely new coaching crew in San Diego where the head coach (although a great co-ordinator) has a losing record.

I'm in although I'll plead now for a draft on a weekend or one that starts before 7pm ET since I'm in London! ;)

Still... it's been a long off-season (I'm reduced to watching the local amateurs) and I'm definitely ready for some football.

Awesome...I will most definitely try to accommodate your draft time preferences.

As for your Niners, I'm hoping you guys do bad so that we the Pats get a higher draft pick next year. haha

mgargan1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 22, 2003
Reston, VA
I will be the commish...in fact, i'm going to create one right now...is there one that you prefer? Foxsports was horrendous last year but maybe they got the kinks out...and yahoo is always good. Here is the pertinent information for one i just set up at yahoo...

League ID#: 260953
League Name: Macrumors Football
Password: macrumors
Custom League URL: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/macrumors

Once enough people join, we can figure out the specifics...hope to see you peoples out there
Just signed up...

London Silly Nannies (10pts to who can name that team without using a search engine)

invasian

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2007
Houston
Training camp has gotten me all excited for football.

They said moss had two pretty amazing catches and only one dropped pass.

Welker looked smooth.

And by the way, Macrumors Fantasy football still has many spots open so join in the fun...information is in on the first page of this thread.

iMichael72

macrumors regular
May 19, 2007
Maryland, U.S.A
Da Bears!

I've been a die-hard Bears all my life. Not jumping on the bandwagon. These last few years have been fantastic.
After so many years of game after game of 3 and outs, it's nice to see some offense!

Living in Maryland, I've had to put up with a lot of crap from the Deadskin fans!!!
The skins could have an incredible offense. They have a lot of weapons, but they continue to neglect the defense.

Why pick a saftey when your DE's are below average?
They have no pass rush.

As for Da Bears, obviously they need a big year from Benson and Grossman.
To say Grossman is inconsistent is a huge understatement.

They have potentially (depending on Rex and Cedric) an explosive offense too.
Berrian, TE Greg Olsen, Bradley, and of course, Devin Hester!!

Can't wait to see him on offense.

We'll see.

I can't wait for the season to start.

steamboat26

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2006
Arlington VA
^I agree with almost all your statements
the skins do need more strength in DEs, but nobody will be able to throw it deep with our safeties. And the offense could be great, we got a decent RB, and great WR
Also, i think grossman will be a disappointment again. He'll do great some games, and just bomb others

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
DA BEARS r gonna win the supa bowl. and grossman will be top 5 in all qb categories. and we'll have the #1 rated D. ive been a bears fan all my life been to dozens of games but last season was just the best so far.
lol.

Sorry but Grossman sucks. Defense carried him in a bunch of games last year (Arizona) and he had a bunch of **** games besides that. He probably only had like 4 good games all year.

Da Bears need to get a better QB and then they'll be able to win the Superbowl. Defense does win championships, but not when your QB sucks ass.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
grossman a few bad games but he had 8 in which his qb rating was 150 or higher. he played pretty good in the playoffs. he just didnt do good in the superbowl. keep in mind that was his first full season.
He never had a game with a QB rating above 150.

Let's look at his ratings from last year.

9/10 @ GB: 98.6
9/17 v DET: 148.0
9/24 @ MIN: 64.9

10/1 v SEA: 100.5
10/8 v BUF: 101.8
10/16 @ ARI: 10.2
10/29 @ SF: 137.4

11/05 v MIA: 36.8
11/12 @ NYG: 105.7
11/19 @ NYJ: 81.4
11/26 @ NE: 23.7

12/03 v MIN: 1.3
12/11 @ STL: 114.4
12/17 v TB: 104.3
12/24 @ DET: 80.4
12/31 v GB: 0

Overall: 73.9

So he had a bunch of games with good ratings (above 100) but most of those were against ****** teams (Detroit, Tampa Bay, San Francisco).

He also had a bunch of games where his rating was under 50, including a game where it was 1.3 and a game where it was 0.

That's still very inconsistent. He does well against poor teams but as soon as he faced a tougher team (like the Pats), he did terrible.

He might improve this year, and if he does, he will be decent and the Bears will do well. But he has to stay consistent. No weeks where his rating is 1.3.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
J-E-T-S

JETS! JETS! JETS!

Mangenius will strike again, and we now have a running game (most likely). Gonna be another great year for the Green & White! Can't wait for 9/9!
Dude, you finally got one right. :D

With Moss screwing things up in NE, I like the Jets chances even more.

iMichael72

macrumors regular
May 19, 2007
Maryland, U.S.A
I just signed up. Citizen Snips. I've never been part of a live draft before. Should be fun.

I will be the commish...in fact, i'm going to create one right now...is there one that you prefer? Foxsports was horrendous last year but maybe they got the kinks out...and yahoo is always good. Here is the pertinent information for one i just set up at yahoo...

League ID#: 260953
League Name: Macrumors Football
Password: macrumors
Custom League URL: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/macrumors

Once enough people join, we can figure out the specifics...hope to see you peoples out there

fotografica

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
Boston
Dude, you finally got one right. :D

With Moss screwing things up in NE, I like the Jets chances even more.
If you're banking on that improving your Jet's chances even more,keep wishing.
Why didn't the Jets offer anything to Samuel? Mangini has serious man love for him..

invasian

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2007
Houston
While the Jets made a good acquisition with Thomas Jones, they are still not going to beat the Pats. Randy Moss has drunk the koolaid and has been doing and saying all the right things. The man wants to win, and win the Pats shall. The season cant' come any sooner!

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
Living in Maryland, I've had to put up with a lot of crap from the Deadskin fans!!!
The skins could have an incredible offense. They have a lot of weapons, but they continue to neglect the defense.

Why pick a saftey when your DE's are below average?
They have no pass rush.
This has been discussed to death on 'Skins boards but the arguement basically boils down to Williams' D not emphasizing the front 4 as much as other D schemes do and the younger members of the D line starting to step up. The 'Skins defensive core comes from the DBs. If you look at last year the few solid defensive games were when Shawn Springs was healthy and playing. Solid, man-to-man corner play allows the D to play like it's built to (lots of blitzes and looks).

Lethal

mrbrown

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2004
Ozark, Missouri
How'd you get the name ron mexico?

And are you sure you're not a little biased because he's a gator? I do see you live in 'cane county.
I'm surprised nobody answered this question.

Somebody sued Michael Vick a few years back, alleging that Vick had given her genital herpes. In the indictment, it was alleged that he had gone to a sexual health clinic and used the pseudonym "Ron Mexico" for treatment.

Hundreds of "MEXICO" jerseys were purchased by Saints fans within a few minutes. The NFL ended up stepping in and prohibiting the sale of the jerseys.

Status
Not open for further replies.