2008-09 NFL Season Thread

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MacNut, Jul 28, 2008.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

So training camp has begun. The big story is still Farve, where will he be traded to.

Can the Giants repeat, will the Patriots return. Who is the best team this season. Let the discussions begin the new season is around the corner.

2. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

First is still my favorite headline from last year's Super Bowl. Second is what I'm hoping for this year.

Attached Files:

3. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

Favre forces Packers to make decision, files for reinstatement

Here we go.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3509944

4. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

I am really getting annoyed with the entire Favre situation.

With that said, I'll be happy if the Jets go 8-8

5. fotografica macrumors 68040

Yes,it's approaching soap opera status..I'm sure the Packers have had their fill of it as well.
    Here's an interesting take on the drama/soap opera/tragedy
    http://thingswhatthings.com/?p=181
    Love this quote from one of the replies

"He’s such a media whore, I’m surprised we haven’t seen him getting out of a car with no underwear on."

6. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

if it's not TO or Vick, it's Farve. what is with the NFL offseason?

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

As screwed up as the Jets QB situation is, please, please, please do not bring Favre in. It will only make a bad situation worse.

Being a Jet fan sucks but we are a loyal bunch. :D

8. fotografica macrumors 68040

Ooooohhh..Mangina and Favre..A Pat's fans wet dream :p Seems like it's make or break:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/27/s...BP6xiTjkdVg/V0VruVcCA&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

9. Frisco macrumors 68020

Can the Giants return? By definition no. A fluke only happens every so often.

I think ESPN Power rankings list the Giants #5 or #6. All the strong teams are in the AFC. The Giants aren't even the best in the NFC East. Hello Dallas.

Best talent in the NFL = San Diego. If they stay healthy watch out. Indie will have to be reckoned with though--never rule out a team with Payton as QB. Pittsburgh will be better. New England can't be better, but still one of the elite.

I am pulling for Jacksonville because I really like David Garrard, but they are not a complete team yet. On the NFC I am pulling for Minnesota because I like Adrian Peterson.

Will Giants make the playoffs? Maybe, but barely. However no way they win the NFC East.

A fluke I tell you--a friggin fluke! lol

10. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

Are the Cowboys gonna be a freak show this year with TO and Packman, Romo and Jessica.:p

11. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

Cowboys will win 9 this year.

12. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

13. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

The Redskin's under Zorn will be interesting to watch. Never thought I'd see the West Coast offense in power run DC. Jason Campbell gets to learn a new offense AGAIN. Luckily, he did play this style in his senior year at Auburn. Let's hope he remebers it. And the two new WR's need to step up and make their high draft picks worth it. Portis and Betts will run as hard as usual, but I expect to see more balls thrown to Portis. I think it'll get him some nice looks in the open field where he's really dangerous. Jason Taylor shouldn't be so far over the hill that he can't contribute, but changing him sides on the DE may hurt at the start of the year. Not expecting a SB run from these guys, but if they fall short of the Playoffs, it will be a big dissapointment.

GO SKINS!

14. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

15. daniel89 macrumors newbie

i would just like to voice my sadness over Rod Smith's retirement. Great player, worked up from the practice squad, 100% talent, 120% class.

The NFL will miss him.

16. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

17. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Nice excuse for John Gruden to make a change even so.

18. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3517219&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines]source

It's about freaking time. Hopefully enough people made fun of them that it got through. I get the whole "it's been tough with his questionable retirements," etc. crap, but Farve is one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. Why wouldn't you want him starting for you? Why would you bench, or trade Farve to start Rodgers who has never started an NFL game? Who in their right mind takes an unknown over a top-tier All Star?

19. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

I'm going to say 11 wins.

The maturation of Reggie Bush. I feel like he's going to figure it all out. People forget about him. Sure, he didn't have a great first two years, but he is ungodly fast. The only person as quick in the league is Devin Hester, but he doesn't have the power to be a RB.

Bringing in Sedrick (sp) Ellis was also a HUGE pickup. He dominated at USC, and he's incredibly gifted.

Colston, Drew Brees? This team's poised to make quite a run I think.

And as a lifelong Favre/Packer fan, this whole situation is horrendous. I don't know what else to say about it...

20. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

Sucks? Try being a Dolphin Fan.
    We ar so bad they should have put a paper bag over the whole stadium and put it out to the curb.
    And the future looks bleak too. Where the heck is our quarterback?
    According to the Miami Herald, Dan Marino was as practice watching the team the other day, and he was the best quarterback at practice - still.

21. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

rawr.

went to watch one of the pats practices last week. jerod mayo is going to be awesome.

chad jackson looked good, i think he'll be able to replace stallworth pretty well.

terrance wheatly did a great job covering moss, and if he can cover moss, then he can cover anyone in the league.

looking good for this year. I'm expecting something between 11-5 and 14-2, and a division title. pats have the easiest schedule in the NFL this year. once the playoffs come, it looks like it will be the pats, colts, and chargers as the top 3 teams trying to get to the superbowl from the afc.

22. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

Well....you might not like the news...
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8381934

23. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Yeah, another Dolphins fan here. Last season was brutal.

24. fleshman03 macrumors 68000

fleshman03

I can feel for you Dolphins fans.

J - E - T - S
    JETS,
    JETS,
    JETS

25. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

[​IMG]

Let's get Peyton ready to go and show 'em all how its done...