Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChristWolves

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2010
Southampton, UK
When it happened to me it was all through the initial CS agent I spoke to, looked like it was going to get replaced then a different department (can't remember which one), pointed out to the agent that it had to be a refund due to it being a non stock refurb. Never asked to speak to anyone higher up.

Certainly reckon you'll get better service from CS than in store.

Ah, alright... I think I can only try my luck once I got my MBP on hand. Never the less, thanks for the helpful advices! :)

ChristWolves

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2010
Southampton, UK
Ah, alright... I think I can only try my luck once I got my MBP on hand. Never the less, thanks for the helpful advices! :)

No luck mate! The Apple store is gonna charge me £300 to get the 17" with ExpressCard slot. I called up Apple Care, but the lady on the phone told me it depends on the Store I brought my Mac in and they shall not interefere. But anyway, I got my 15" Hi-Res...

Jwalker9

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2006
No luck mate! The Apple store is gonna charge me £300 to get the 17" with ExpressCard slot. I called up Apple Care, but the lady on the phone told me it depends on the Store I brought my Mac in and they shall not interefere. But anyway, I got my 15" Hi-Res...

CWolves, is there any way you can post a couple pics of the hi-res glossy? I'm considering upgrading during the return period. still satisfied with your replacement. Hope so!

runebinder

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2009
Nottingham, UK

That sucks that they couldn't do anything. Any hows enjoy the new MBP, hope that one treats you well :)

ChristWolves

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2010
Southampton, UK
CWolves, is there any way you can post a couple pics of the hi-res glossy? I'm considering upgrading during the return period. still satisfied with your replacement. Hope so!

What kind of photos do you want? I suppose it's the screen huh? Will take it within this week alright, has been busy doing the catchup with my courseworksss...

runebinder said:
That sucks that they couldn't do anything. Any hows enjoy the new MBP, hope that one treats you well
I was amazed about your experience with Apple CS. I mean which phone number did you dial? I tried to get to the Apple CS phone number on their website and they told me it depends on the Apple Store I send my machine for service. Where did you post your Mac to in order to get the refund?

runebinder

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2009
Nottingham, UK
I was amazed about your experience with Apple CS. I mean which phone number did you dial? I tried to get to the Apple CS phone number on their website and they told me it depends on the Apple Store I send my machine for service. Where did you post your Mac to in order to get the refund?

Just rang the Apple CS number myself. However I did have mine repaired at a Apple authorise service centre (will never use them again, I'll get a train to the nearest :apple:store in Leicester if necessary). Suppose it's just one of those things where it depends on the agent you speak to. Also work in a call centre myself so pretty much no how to stand my ground but not antagonise.

:apple: sent a courier out who collected it.

migsev

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 13, 2008
Has anyone in Southeast Asia gotten a replacement? How long does it usually take? I'm dealing with my CR rep today and he quoted 3-4 weeks to me earlier today. I'll be speaking with him again later regarding specs and I was hoping to bump that 3-4 weeks down somehow. Seems crazy that it takes THAT long to process.

puercaeli

macrumors regular
May 10, 2008
Has anyone in Southeast Asia gotten a replacement? How long does it usually take? I'm dealing with my CR rep today and he quoted 3-4 weeks to me earlier today. I'll be speaking with him again later regarding specs and I was hoping to bump that 3-4 weeks down somehow. Seems crazy that it takes THAT long to process.

I was quoted 2-3wks, it was to ship on 28th Apr but apparently the details are not updating and I am kind of starting to get worried. It will be 3wks from the order by next week Wed.

migsev

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 13, 2008
I was quoted 2-3wks, it was to ship on 28th Apr but apparently the details are not updating and I am kind of starting to get worried. It will be 3wks from the order by next week Wed.

Have they picked up your computer from you?

I'm in a weird situation. I'm in the Philippines and I'm dealing with Apple Singapore. I just got a call today that I can't add BTO options to my replacement because Apple can't charge local credit cards. I find that a bit weird because the Apple online store takes credit cards from here. :confused:

ChristWolves

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2010
Southampton, UK
Just rang the Apple CS number myself. However I did have mine repaired at a Apple authorise service centre (will never use them again, I'll get a train to the nearest :apple:store in Leicester if necessary). Suppose it's just one of those things where it depends on the agent you speak to. Also work in a call centre myself so pretty much no how to stand my ground but not antagonise.

:apple: sent a courier out who collected it.

You are really very lucky. I got an old lady over the phone which rejects every single request I did. :(
Anyway, life is all about learning, isn't it? I am considered lucky as I got replaced with a new MBP! :D

CubusX

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2009
Explain

I just got my Late 2008 15in Replaced with a i5 17in base model. I had flickering issues and had it sent to the depot 3 times with no luck. They also refunded my applecare remaining balance.

I should get my new lappie on monday!

I am having the same issue. The screen will cut out now and then quickly.

I notice it but it is about 1/8 of a second.

Were you experiencing the same issue?

puercaeli

macrumors regular
May 10, 2008
Finally estimated delivery date

According to Apple CS I will be getting my replacement on 10/May. So the whole process took about 4wks roughly... hope it does not get delayed..

migsev

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 13, 2008
Got off the phone with someone from Applecare. Someone will come to collect my computer. Once that has happened, they'll be placing an order from the Singapore warehouse and send it over to me.

Now my problem is this - my actual APP warranty. I got my Applecare as a gift from a relative in the US. No idea if my Uncle has proof of purchase for something from October of last year. :confused: Is there any way to get around it? I'd prefer the refund so I can re-purchase an APP for my replacement unit.

puercaeli

macrumors regular
May 10, 2008
Got off the phone with someone from Applecare. Someone will come to collect my computer. Once that has happened, they'll be placing an order from the Singapore warehouse and send it over to me.

Now my problem is this - my actual APP warranty. I got my Applecare as a gift from a relative in the US. No idea if my Uncle has proof of purchase for something from October of last year. :confused: Is there any way to get around it? I'd prefer the refund so I can re-purchase an APP for my replacement unit.

As long as you have registered, I doubt they will ask for the proof of purchase. From what I have found out from Apple CS, they say they do price in US * Months left/36

migsev

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 13, 2008
As long as you have registered, I doubt they will ask for the proof of purchase. From what I have found out from Apple CS, they say they do price in US * Months left/36

I was told that I'd have to provide proof of purchase if I wanted the refund option. If not, I'd have to retain the warranty of my current unit, which is only until 2011 anyway. Plus I wouldn't be able to re-register for APP. I'd really prefer the refund option as I wanna get APP for the new unit, but I find it unlikely that my Uncle will have a 7 month receipt for something purchased for a nephew across the Atlantic.:eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.