2015 27" iMac has pink edges ..anyone else?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by 2bcool, Apr 18, 2019.

1. 2bcool macrumors newbie

2bcool

hi I noticed my 2015 iMac has got pink edges all way round the screen. i didn't expect this after just over 3 years of use.

anyone else had an issue with pink screen ? any idea what may have caused it ? would it be a faulty panel over time ?

i did a search for pink screens but could find any threads.
    thanks for any replies

2. goslowjoe macrumors regular

goslowjoe

On the lonely planet, somewhere in the desert
    Yep, it happened to my 2015 iMac as well. In addition, dust collected in the bottom corners. The panel was replaced under the Apple Care warranty. Inconvenient to travel 270km to the nearest Apple Authorised Centre, leave it there for about three weeks while they waited for parts, and then drive again to collect it.

3. 2bcool thread starter macrumors newbie

2bcool

i had 3 year warranty but its months over that now .. only just noticed it. i cant see it worth while paying to have it fixed, hopefully apple will repair it for free, after all you don't expect a screen to go bad after 3 years.
    will let you know the outcome.
    my service centre is quite near.

i took my macbook air in because an apple alert came on the screen, faulty ssd replace now!
    they took it in then a n hour later said come pick it up. we fixed it by software.
    i wasn't happy. i had a convo with apple manager about it being replaced and he said it really didn't need to. but if i got back to him in a month or two they would have one in stock.
    needless to say a year and half after my ssd died.

4. atiprada macrumors newbie

atiprada

How did you solve this problem? I have the same

5. 2bcool thread starter macrumors newbie

2bcool

hi not solved yet. i messaged apple and they said i had to contact another department. i spent an hour talking to apple via chat, they said i would have to contact tech. i am going write to the CEO at apple and get this escalated . if you buy an iMac and it turns pink after just 3 years, its not fit for purpose. they cannot charge me for the repair, its a faulty unit.
    they will try to insist its no longer under warranty but i will light them as i suggest you do too.
    this is CEO tim cook email :
    tcook@apple.com

email quote:
    Dear Anthony,

Thank you for contacting the Apple Online Store.

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write to us and I am sorry for the frustration you are feeling as a result of your experiences. I can certainly understand your disappointment.

Please note the Online Store is primarily a sales and customer service based department with a scope of support for the sale and aftersales support of orders placed directly on the Apple Website and would therefore not be best equipped to assist you with your issue.

I would recommend contacting our AppleCare Team where a qualified advisor will be happy to discuss these issues with you. They will be able to provide you with further information and advise you of next steps including further escalation if necessary.

There are two options for contacting AppleCare:

1. By telephone on 0800 107 6285.

2. Visit the Apple Support website: https://support.apple.com/en-gb or use the AppleSupport App from your iOS device for Telephone, Chat and Service options available to you.

A genius Bar appointment can be scheduled here: https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

I hope that my email has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards,

Val

Apple Store

6. atiprada macrumors newbie

atiprada

Let us turn to them together, since I have exactly such a problem, and I am also not ready to face the fact that I paid a lot of money and received such a pink screen after 3 years, this is their marriage and they should take responsibility for it.
    I will be glad if you will keep me on the list of cases, my mail is andruwa1984@gmail.com or whatsapp +972506411186

atiprada gaura das

7. holty macrumors newbie

Yep, I have the same model iMac with the same purple tint and like you just out of 3 year AppleCare.

8. goslowjoe, May 27, 2019
    Last edited: May 30, 2019

goslowjoe macrumors regular

goslowjoe

I had a problem screen like this and while it was replaced under the AppleCare Warranty, I now have a new problem - constant white flickering which requires me to restart the iMac to get rid of it.

9. henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

Could you upload a photo? I know dust in the bottom corners is a common issue.

10. atiprada macrumors newbie

atiprada

Attached Files:

11. AlvesOli macrumors newbie

AlvesOli

Hi,

I have an 2015 late 27" with the same issues, pink edges, dust in the corner and even a lot of ghosting. I bought it in January 2016 with the Apple Care. All those issues started after the end of it ...

I'm from Belgium Europe, and the support here will never do anything. Super disappointed with this machine ...

12. goslowjoe macrumors regular

goslowjoe

Update: I reported the new problem to the local Apple suppliers. They did not offer to do anything about it and then when my AppleCare finally expired, I came down on them like a flood. The result was that they took the iMac, now out of cover, and replaced the logic board, which they say was the reason for the flickering. From what I understand, they also replaced the display - the second one in four months.

My point is this: we should not allow ourselves to be bullied. Yes, a warranty has an expiry date, but this does not mean a supplier can simply turn his back on you, especially if you can prove that they (deliberately?) slowed down the process. Sometimes all that is required is for the the customer to take a stand and refuse to budge. It worked for me.

AlvesOli, try again to have the screen replaced. Speak to them. Be firm but do not lose your cool. Keep evidence of all communication between you and the supplier, service agent or whoever is on the receiving end.