2016 15" MBP Screen uniformity

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Farsider, Nov 25, 2016.

1. kfscoll macrumors 65816

kfscoll

A034

2. vpro macrumors 65816

vpro

People lets all get our eyes checked this week okay? I think it's a good idea to get your eyes checked very 6 months along side our routine STI tests :) Some STI's affect brain activity which affects everything.

Love you all.

3. tbeaumont macrumors member

Thanks for the screen model number. I had similar issues with the exact same configuration. First 2 had the A034 screen that had the screen characteristics that you have. My 3rd exchange has a A033 screen and is a keeper. From previous posts the 13 inch model appears to have 2 screen models.

4. kfscoll, Mar 6, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2017

kfscoll macrumors 65816

kfscoll

I'm not sure there's any correlation between screen model and the incidence of uniformity issues. I've actually seen problem reports from more A033 screen owners than I have from A034 screen owners. In the end I suspect it's all a crap shoot.

Regardless, the issues I have on mine are very minor; I really don't even notice them in regular use, and certainly not enough to start playing the panel lottery.

5. athletejmv, Mar 10, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2017

athletejmv macrumors regular

Well, I played the screen lottery with my 2016 MacBook Pro and ended up with a perfect screen after trading six or more times. I now own the external 5K LG monitor and the left side of the screen is pink, while the right side of the screen is green and has a dark patch in it. Can't win lol. I may go to the 4k screen since the color anomalies aren't as obvious on the 21". Yes, I'm OCD about wanting a white screen as I find the color hue changes when reading text and working on spreadsheets distracting... apparent while viewing some images as well. I own a 27" LG 4k monitor I picked up from Best Buy that I use with my gaming rig and it doesn't have any extreme color anomalies on it unlike the Apple influenced screens (I only paid $370 for that on sale)... colors pop on the 5kLG, but I'd appreciate all of the colors being fairly consistent.

6. mydogeatsbeats macrumors regular

I it just me or is something wrong with my display?

Please tell me if you see a problem. I don't want to tell you, maybe its just my imagination :(.

Had the screen swapped because of an other display issue.

[​IMG]

7. Payuca macrumors newbie

Payuca

Can you please share the model of your screen?
    Thank you.

8. idark77 macrumors 6502

idark77

Stuck pixels on the left...