2017 MLB Season Thread

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
That White Sox team was the cleanest team in that generation to win the World Series.

What broke the Red Sox 86 year drought? Steroids
What won the Word Series for the Yankees in 2009? Steroids
In 2000, Jason Giambi won MVP ahead of Frank Thomas, who was likely the actual best hitter of his generation
The 2005 White Sox had zero starters accused of taking steroids.
The 96 Yankees were clean. And 98 as far as I can tell.

Giambi wasn’t a Yankee in 2000.

pachyderm

macrumors 603
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
That White Sox team was the cleanest team in that generation to win the World Series.

What broke the Red Sox 86 year drought? Steroids
What won the Word Series for the Yankees in 2009? Steroids
In 2000, Jason Giambi won MVP ahead of Frank Thomas, who was likely the actual best hitter of his generation
The 2005 White Sox had zero starters accused of taking steroids.
I really enjoyed that WS.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Me to....... Living in the LA area, the fandom is over the top right now. Which is how it usually is when any one of the eight (USC Football, UCLA Football, Lakers, Clippers, Kings, Ducks, Angels, Dodgers) teams make it to the big game for their respective sports. Of course there really wasn't a riot when the Ducks or Angels won though. ;):)

KingslayerG5

Suspended
Oct 16, 2017
Bottom of the 11th in Game 2. Astros up 7-5. Rooting for Tormund. Need him to get Brienne off my back.

quagmire

macrumors 603
Apr 19, 2004
Ridiculous. He always managed to get the team to play beyond what they were supposed to the last few years. If they were to fire him, the time was to do it after they lost the Wild Card to the Astros. Not after making it to Game 7 of the ALCS when by all rights, they should not have even made it to the wild card in the first place this season.

Reactions: ucfgrad93

ucfgrad93

macrumors P6
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Ridiculous. He always managed to get the team to play beyond what they were supposed to the last few years. If they were to fire him, the time was to do it after they lost the Wild Card to the Astros. Not after making it to Game 7 of the ALCS when by all rights, they should not have even made it to the wild card in the first place this season.
Agreed. Seems like a stupid move by the Yankees.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Agreed. Seems like a stupid move by the Yankees.
Supposedly he was not in agreement with the front office and they wanted him out. So even if he won the World Series this year I think he was gone.

Centaurr

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2015
Florida
once post season starts and if my team (Mets) isnt in it, i stop watching baseball. i do see the last WS game thou. i want Astros to win just cause i hate yasiel puig and chase utley

Reactions: pachyderm

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Sorry but this series is awful. Both teams pitching sucks. The pens are horrible. The Dodgers pen has been over used and used badly. I don’t want to see a home run derby World Series.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Sorry but this series is awful. Both teams pitching sucks. The pens are horrible. The Dodgers pen has been over used and used badly. I don’t want to see a home run derby World Series.
Pitching is no where to be found and well if you are looking for a home run derby this is definitely the series for you! Although it has been somewhat entertaining with all of the lead changes and come from behinds.

AustinIllini

macrumors demi-goddess
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
There's nothing about this that was horrible. Great series! Go Stros!

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
There's nothing about this that was horrible. Great series! Go Stros!
It’s certainly not one of the best series ever like people are saying. You need good pitching for that. Was it a great hitters series, yes. But it doesn’t match the best of all time.

Centaurr

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2015
Florida
Congrats to the Astros and their fans!
Now the next question is: Is it Spring training yet? #MetsFan
See you next year everyone...now i can continue with following pro soccer lol

AustinIllini

macrumors demi-goddess
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
It’s certainly not one of the best series ever like people are saying. You need good pitching for that. Was it a great hitters series, yes. But it doesn’t match the best of all time.
Sorry your pinstripes didn't make it. It's still the best World Series in about 20 years. Would it make you feel better to know the better team won the Yankees-Astros series?

Reactions: Plutonius