Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nell

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
London
My April challenge has now appeared. It’s to burn 28,712 calories this month. That’s over 950/day which will be a big challenge for me.

HengenJL

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2007
Rochester, NY
My April Challenge is "82 workouts of 15 minutes or more." This will definitely be a challenge between work and school, but I'll give it a shot!

jav6454

macrumors Core
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Hello people, sorry if I haven't been as active on MR. Work has driven me away but I should be back soon. However, I have updated the title of the thread. I made my March challenge.

Reactions: ob81

MEJHarrison

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2009
My April Challenge is to do 23 workouts! Woo-hoo! Last month was tough. I'm excited to have a nice break.

Nell

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
London
7C63D281-EA10-47CE-AB08-629241C77AD1.png

My April challenge has now appeared. It’s to burn 28,712 calories this month. That’s over 950/day which will be a big challenge for me.

Well, my April challenge *was* to burn 28,712 calories, but that was yesterday. Today my April challenge is to close my stand ring every day. I wonder what it’ll be tomorrow.

bflowers

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2006
View attachment 756777

Well, my April challenge *was* to burn 28,712 calories, but that was yesterday. Today my April challenge is to close my stand ring every day. I wonder what it’ll be tomorrow.

My wife and I started the month with both needing an Average of 48 minutes of exercise a day. This morning hers changed to needing 153.7 miles. She isn't happy.

Nell

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
London
My wife and I started the month with both needing an Average of 48 minutes of exercise a day. This morning hers changed to needing 153.7 miles. She isn't happy.

I’m not surprised; I’d be really cross! That’s a really late changed goal (this isn’t the first time mine's changed but at least it’s always happened in about the 2nd or 3rd if the month). I guess at least it’s still possible (I live in fear of it suddenly changing to something like double your move goal every day when it’s too late to do that).

Krayzkat

Suspended
Apr 22, 2011
Really annoyed with my AW right now

For last 2 weeks I’ve been making sure I close all 3 rings and workout every day (with 800 move goal).

Last night, I had closed off the move and exercise goal but still needed to complete the stand goal. At 11:50pm with 11 stands already marked off, I got up off my chair and went downstairs into my kitchen to make some tea and toast. While tea was brewing and toast was crisping, I walked about kitchen area (also went for a pee). About 2/3mins to midnight I carried my supper upstairs back to where is was sitting and noticed I still only had 11 out of 12 stands. So I got back up and moved about the room until midnight, but the final 12th stand still did not complete.

This is broken my 2 week streak! Checking back in the activity app, I can see that just before midnight I was rewarded points for both move and exercise rings, but still no stand point for between 11pm to midnight.

So just to clarify..... My AW failed to award any stand points between 11-12pm even though it has rewarded me with move and exercise points for the same hour..... Today I’m being awarded stand points when I earn them, I also (just to rub it in) got rewarded stand points for between midnight and 1am ...... iPhone and AW both updated few days ago. AW working as normal today, as it was yesterday (except for stand between 11-12).....

Keeping the streak going is part of the motivation to get moving and exercising. If the AW just ‘can’t be bothered’ sometimes, what is the point? There’s been a few days over the last 2 weeks where I’ve had to cycle at 10pm to burn off 600 move points. Do you realise how sore that is on your ass?

Attachments

• B33B496D-D582-4EA7-8CDB-3030FEFE1A98.png
    B33B496D-D582-4EA7-8CDB-3030FEFE1A98.png
    440.9 KB · Views: 79

bflowers

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2006
That stinks, Krayzkat. I've had it fail to notice I'm standing when I spend a whole hour in the kitchen cooking, loading and unloading the dishwasher, washing stuff in the sink, etc. I guess even though I was in near constant motion, it didn't see me sitting, so it didn't register that I stood up.

molala

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Cambridge, UK
I’ve been good at hitting 67min a day exercise and even had a 1hr buffer. But yesterday my minutes didn’t count in the running total for some reason, just froze at 750min for the month. 68min lost.

Krayzkat

Suspended
Apr 22, 2011
It's happened again :/

My AW decided to miss a stand point for me doing the exact same thing as my last post; getting up from my desk going downstairs along into kitchen making a cup of tea (and walking about making up a grocery list while waiting for kettle to boil). Came back upstairs and noticed it hadn't awarded me a stand point but had awarded me 1 minute of exercise for same time period lol. I've reset the AW anyway.

I just think it's retarded that you can be rewarded exercise and movement points in an hour period but won't be rewarded stand points for the same period. What movement and exercise can you do without standing up (bearing in mind i am moving about 20 metres from point to point and also going up and down a staircase).

Luckily this time, i only need 4 more stands out of a possible 6 to close my rings today.

Is it possible that because i am sitting at a desk while my hands (and therefore AW) are above the desk typing on the keyboard etc, that when i stand up, the AW is still roughly (give or take 10cm or so) at the same height above the floor that it doesn't register as a 'stand'?

StandingGoose

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2017
"April Challenge
You earned this award by doubling your move goal 7
times in a single month. 4/1/18."

Seriously, that's what it's said since April 1st.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.