2018 Challenges | April - Spring is here!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jav6454, Jan 25, 2018.

1. jav6454, Jan 25, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2018

jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Hello there MR!

Welcome to the 2018 Monthly Challenge Thread! Each month, as we all know, the Apple Watch via the Activities app will challenge each Apple Watch owner to push themselves in terms of calories burned, minutes of exercise, exercise amounts and distance done while doing exercise. This extra push comes from an analysis into our historical activities and workouts.

This thread is for anyone trying to reach their own goals to post. The goal of this thread is to provide a support area by which we all see where we are and where we want to reach and how we are doing to reach the goal.

So post up your month challenge and have fun completing them!

We do realize Apple has some glitches and bugs in the system, post them here too and we'll try to help out so your challenge stickers appear.

Have fun!

**************************** Original post below *******************
    So January only has 6 days left. How close are you guys to completing the fitness challenge?

21k calories to burn here. I'm clocking at 18.8k right now. Should take me 4 more days and have 2 to spare.

2. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

Mine was to avg 664 calories a day, just checked and I'm over 700 a day so I'm good to go for getting it.

3. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

I somehow have managed to complete that new year challenge at some point. The rest are those more regular challenges that I may need to complete later on.

4. Bballrob macrumors regular

Bballrob

I needed to burn 28,109 calories for the month. I currently have 27,320. Today alone I have 1,434. I referee high school basketball and have 4 games tomorrow so I imagine I’ll hit the mark sometime tomorrow.

5. jav6454 thread starter macrumors P6

jav6454

Great Halle he’s guys. I can’t imagine hitting 28k calories. At 21k I’m already pressed to do that extra “umpf”

6. MJ22 macrumors regular

Mine is to exercise for 2,472 minutes. Not happening. I am an outdoor runner and that equates to running an hour and 19 minutes per day, LOL. It was single digits here for the first two weeks of January and I had something going on at work where I worked over 12 hours a day for almost a week and lost a few days altogether.

Cmon Apple, throw me a bone here with these challenges, lol!

7. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

My goal is 22,550 calories for the month and I'm currently at 16,372. It's going to be close but I don't think I'll make it without going out of my way. I fought for the November and December ones so who knows. Maybe I'll get a burst of motivation out of nowhere and throw a cardio workout in after my usual lifting for a couple of days.

8. GoodHealthIT macrumors member

Mine was to average 927 Calories. So far I've done 29254 so an average of 943 over the month with 5 days to go. But the Achievement has been showing the wrong calculations (it's currently at 968 average instead of 1125 and drops every day) so I'm not hopeful I'll be awarded it again this month.

Apple really need to fix up the calculations they are using on these challenges because I haven't had one work successfully so far and have always had to lodge a bug report to get it fixed.

9. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

Not even close to getting mine. I had a very active December. I was traveling and not in class. So, my average calorie burn went way up. Well, Jan. comes along and my Apple Watch wants me to beat my December; not gonna happen. I am over 100 calories a day on average behind my Jan. challenge. Sucks, this will be my first challenge badge not to get. (I really hope I don't get a blank badge and it disappears). I still hit my move goal every day, but my challenge was 300 average 300 calories above my move goal.

10. Nell macrumors 6502a

Nell

Mine is 1,228 exercise minutes. I’m on 1,225 so should get it tomorrow (or even this evening if I put a bit more effort into the housework I need to get on with).

11. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

Mine is average 80 minutes of exercise per day. So far I’m averaging 83 minutes, pretty sure I’ll get the badge.

12. Bballrob macrumors regular

Bballrob

[​IMG]
    Took this screenshot a couple hours ago. Figure the badge will fill in overnight tonight.

13. jav6454 thread starter macrumors P6

jav6454

It should have been given to you actually.... at least that's how my Dec challenge worked.

14. Mansu944 macrumors 6502

I have to get 68 exercise minutes a day. Currently averaging 76 minutes. I’ll be ok.

15. freemyheart macrumors member

freemyheart

I wish that was the challenge here in the U.S.

In the U.S. the challenge is to meet your Move goal every day. I took the 1st off, so even though I'll hit 400% twice and met the Move goal every other day, I won't get this achievement :\

16. GoodHealthIT macrumors member

17. iamasmith macrumors 6502

iamasmith

18. Nell macrumors 6502a

Nell

I hit my target this morning. No sign of the badge yet but there are a few days of January to go so I’m hoping it’ll fill in before the shadow badge disappears nevervto be seen again. Why yes, I am still bitter about October!

Attached Files:

19. millerj123 macrumors 65816

I earned the extra badge January 7th. I only had to double my move goal 2x. Not much of a challenge

20. BenAigen macrumors 6502

BenAigen

Also hit my challenge target this morning - no badge showing after all the effort:(:(

IMG_3465.png

21. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

The goal was different for people regardless of location. I'm also in the US, and mine had nothing to do with my move goal. I had to burn calories. I was right on track until I got sick. Now I may not make it.

22. jav6454 thread starter macrumors P6

jav6454

Everyone’s challenge is different and they vary per month. This also applies to anyone in the US.

23. freemyheart macrumors member

freemyheart

I won't make it next month if they do calories. I hit 400% twice this month and it kills me. Hard to beat a calories challenge on a 28 day month also.

24. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

And you're always being challenged against yourself. I get it if you're not very active, but if you're already one of those who pushed himself to the limits, you'll never get a challenge complete.

25. Nell macrumors 6502a

Nell

My January challenge was effectively the same as my December one so no extra effort called for. I'm hoping for something different for February but who knows.