2020-2021 NFL Season Thread

AustinIllini

macrumors demi-goddess
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Chiefs win! 2020 is here

Where will Tom Brady go? Las Vegas? San Diego?

How much will the Cowboys overpay Dak Prescott?

Are the Browns still terrible?

What if Jimmy G actually isn't very good?

2020 NFL 1st-Round Mock Draft (Bleacher Report)

1. Cincinnati Bengals: Joe Burrow, QB (LSU)

2. Washington: Chase Young, DE (Ohio State)

3. Detroit Lions: Jeff Okudah, CB (Ohio State)

4. New York Giants: Jedrick Wills Jr., OL (Alabama)

5. Miami Dolphins: Tua Tagovailoa, QB (Alabama)

6. Los Angeles Chargers: Justin Herbert, QB (Oregon)

7. Carolina Panthers: Derrick Brown, DL (Auburn)

8. Arizona Cardinals: Jerry Jeudy, WR (Alabama)

9. Jacksonville Jaguars: Isaiah Simmons, LB (Clemson)

10. Cleveland Browns: Andrew Thomas, OT (Georgia)

11. New York Jets: Tristan Wirfs, OT (Iowa)

12. Las Vegas Raiders: Grant Delpit, S (LSU)

13. Indianapolis Colts: CeeDee Lamb, WR (Oklahoma)

14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Jacob Eason, QB (Washington)

15. Denver Broncos: CJ Henderson, CB (Florida)

16. Atlanta Falcons: Paulson Adebo, CB (Stanford)

17. Dallas Cowboys: A.J. Epenesa, DE (Iowa)

18. Miami Dolphins (via Pittsburgh Steelers): Curtis Weaver, DE (Boise State)

19. Las Vegas Raiders (via Chicago Bears): Henry Ruggs III, WR (Alabama)

20. Jacksonville Jaguars (via Los Angeles Rams): Laviska Shenault, WR (Colorado)

21. Philadelphia Eagles: Tee Higgins, WR (Clemson)

22. Buffalo Bills: Javon Kinlaw, DL (South Carolina)

23. New England Patriots: Justin Jefferson, WR (LSU)

24. New Orleans Saints: Dylan Moses, LB (Alabama)

25. Minnesota Vikings: Bryce Hall, CB (Virginia)

26. Miami Dolphins (via Houston Texans): D'Andre Swift, RB (Georgia)

27. Seattle Seahawks: Terrell Lewis, DE (Alabama)

28. Baltimore Ravens: Yetur Gross-Matos, DE (Penn State)

*29. Tennessee Titans: Jordan Love, QB (Utah State)

*30. Green Bay Packers: DeVonta Smith, WR (Alabama)

*31. Kansas City Chiefs: Kristian Fulton, CB (LSU)

*32. San Francisco 49ers: Xavier McKinney, S (Alabama)

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
We still have 6 weeks until the new league year, nothing will be decided for a while.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
The Cowboys focus should be McCarthy’s new strategy/game plan moving forward, Dax Prescott‘s pay doesn’t impact anything in terms of what the Cowboys need to accomplish as a club both offensively and defensively this year moving forward.

Jerry Jones Was overdue for not firing Jason Garrett, and Mike McCarthy is the best possible scenario for the Cowboys moving forward.

ucfgrad93

macrumors P6
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
The Cowboys focus should be McCarthy’s new strategy/game plan moving forward, Dax Prescott‘s pay doesn’t impact anything in terms of what the Cowboys need to accomplish as a club both offensively and defensively this year moving forward.

Jerry Jones Was overdue for not firing Jason Garrett, and Mike McCarthy is the best possible scenario for the Cowboys moving forward.
Agreed. I think McCarthy was a great pick for Dallas.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT

The Cowboys problems are not who is coaching the team. It's who is the GM of the team.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
The Cowboys problems are not who is coaching the team. It's who is the GM of the team.
Your post is worded Kinda strange, but I get what you’re saying. Either way we look at this, Jones made a really good decision with McCarthy. I’m glad that he did not go to the Panthers, and that they picked him up when they did back in January.

McCarthy and the Packers had their own separate issues, this is a chance to turn this ball club around with McCarthy’s experience. Lets see what happens.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Your post is worded Kinda strange, but I get what you’re saying. Either way we look at this, Jones made a really good decision with McCarthy. I’m glad that he did not go to the Panthers, and that they picked him up when they did back in January.

McCarthy and the Packers had their own separate issues, this is a chance to turn this ball club around with McCarthy’s experience. Lets see what happens.
Jerry Jones is the reason the Cowboys have not won in over 20 years. His ego could not stand the fact that Jimmy Johnson was more popular and the face of the franchise. What coach wants to have to deal with the GM/owner breathing down your back every second of the day.

AustinIllini

macrumors demi-goddess
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX

Honestly, the Jones's have had a ton of successes as GM. Dak included.

I get some of the Jones hate but when you look at the absolute incompetence from some front offices, the Cowboys have done well overall.
- - Post merged: - -

Jerry Jones is the reason the Cowboys have not won in over 20 years. His ego could not stand the fact that Jimmy Johnson was more popular and the face of the franchise. What coach wants to have to deal with the GM/owner breathing down your back every second of the day.
Not really, though. It's just hard to win a Super Bowl.

In the last 20 years the Patriots have won a third of them...

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Honestly, the Jones's have had a ton of successes as GM. Dak included.

I get some of the Jones hate but when you look at the absolute incompetence from some front offices, the Cowboys have done well overall.

Not really, though. It's just hard to win a Super Bowl.
Jones is a good owner, but let someone else GM the team.

AustinIllini

macrumors demi-goddess
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Jones is a good owner, but let someone else GM the team.
It's pretty clear Stephen Jones has been the GM for a while.

The only major Jones faux pas was keeping Jason Garrett around for so long. Other than that, they have been pretty successful from a personnel standpoint.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
It's pretty clear Stephen Jones has been the GM for a while.

The only major Jones faux pas was keeping Jason Garrett around for so long. Other than that, they have been pretty successful from a personnel standpoint.
So why won't he pay Dak?

Varking

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2010
Never thought he would miss this whole season as well. Hope the Browns, as a whole, perform better this year.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Other then Tampa, I don't know of any franchise, The Chargers maybe but the ownership has been generally less then generous with their contracts

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Yesterday I was certain he was going to Tennessee. Now it's either Bucs or Chargers. Wild Card Colts and Raiders.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
I don’t know, the whole ‘Tom Brady’ hype is kind of laughable. He’s an amazing quarterback, has had a stellar career with many rings, accolades, etc. But given his age, I just don’t see how much ‘usefulness’ (Other than his veteran leadership) he will bring to a team, all it takes is one hard hit, and it’s game over, as he’s older where these teams should consider a solid back up in place of him. Just sayin.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
It's clear that Bellicheck didn't want Brady back. Craft did but not for what Brady wanted. Brady felt betrayed at how he was low balled through his career there. Giselle didn't like living there so it was no shock that he is leaving.

Philip Rivers to the Colts.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
It's clear that Bellicheck didn't want Brady back.
It was probably mutual in all truthfulness. Plus I think the Patriots are entering a new phase with their franchise - Its been a while since they went into rebuilding, but I think that's what will happen. Does Brady who probably only has a handful of years left endure what could be envisioned as rough or go to a team that is moving up, like Tampa

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
It was probably mutual in all truthfulness. Plus I think the Patriots are entering a new phase with their franchise - Its been a while since they went into rebuilding, but I think that's what will happen. Does Brady who probably only has a handful of years left endure what could be envisioned as rough or go to a team that is moving up, like Tampa
I think the relationship soured years ago. Brady felt under-appreciated and Bill wanted to get younger but Craft stepped in.

Mousse

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
Other then Tampa, I don't know of any franchise, The Chargers maybe but the ownership has been generally less then generous with their contracts
I highly doubt Brady wants to play behind a porous O-line, so Bolts can't pay him enough. Gawd, I hope he doesn't go to the Colts. If he football gods are merciful, don't let Brady or Rivers end up in Blue and White.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
I see that Jimmy Graham Was cut/released, I knew he would be picked up, but I didn’t suspect he would be signed less than 24 hours by the Bears. Ultimately, I think his last 2019 season wasn’t that great, he still has a lot to offer, but I don’t think he can contend with the younger TE’s given the competition. Let’s see how he does in Chicago, they have a similar play routes/offense as Green Bay, so he should fit right in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.