Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Beaglebasil

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
Ordered 11/30. Shipped on 12/13. It is still sitting in China with an export scan. Estimated delivery date of 12/20 in Cincinnati Ohio. This is UPS. I tied to get the 2-3 day shipping upgrade but apple said it wouldn't matter. I guess I should of tried harder. Do you guys know how I can track it better or do you think it will be here by the 20th?

macuserpl

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2012
Szczecin, Poland
Ordered 11/30. Shipped on 12/13. It is still sitting in China with an export scan. Estimated delivery date of 12/20 in Cincinnati Ohio. This is UPS. I tied to get the 2-3 day shipping upgrade but apple said it wouldn't matter. I guess I should of tried harder. Do you guys know how I can track it better or do you think it will be here by the 20th?

I've also called Apple to get expedited shipping, but they told the same - it wouldn't matter.

wehokev

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2007
Feeling solidarity with my fellow pallet-mates! :cool:

After three tedious days stuck in Kentucky and countless refreshes of the UPS tracking page, my iMac has finally departed Louisville. Hoping that yours are seeing departures, too. Hang in there, brothers and sisters!

Mine left Kentucky too!!! It really ought to be delivered tomorrow! Can't wait.

EmmanuelJB

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2011
Dec 6? Does Time Machine do that?? lol. And yes, I am getting mine tomorrow, one day earlier than UPS said originally, and 6 days earlier than Apple originally said it would deliver.

Also... When you say 6 days earlier than apple estimated do you mean Apples estimate immediately after you purchased or the estimate when Apple sent you with the shipping notice.

blastair

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2009
Mine was shipped this morning, unfortunately using UPS. My estimated delivery from Apple is Dec. 6, and I have no estimate from UPS yet. I was really hoping to get it by Christmas Eve... Has anyone that had their iMac shipped UPS come earlier than the estimate from Apple?

My estimated delivery from Apple (shown in the shipped email) is Dec 26, but I called UPS to confirm and they said that they showed it would deliver Dec 21, give or take depending on customs. So take that for what it's worth.

Beaglebasil

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
The last scan I had was 12/15 Export scan still in Shanghai. Anyone else having this happen. It shipped 12/13. I've heard of late updates on packages but to still be sitting in shanghai for 4 days is ridiculous.

zemzabob

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2010
The last scan I had was 12/15 Export scan still in Shanghai. Anyone else having this happen. It shipped 12/13. I've heard of late updates on packages but to still be sitting in shanghai for 4 days is ridiculous.

mine shipped 12/14 stayed in China till today then for some crazy reason went to Japan I have no clue WTF is going on with it, I tried to talk to someone from UPS live chat but that was useless I don't know.:mad:

EmmanuelJB

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2011
My estimated delivery from Apple (shown in the shipped email) is Dec 26, but I called UPS to confirm and they said that they showed it would deliver Dec 21, give or take depending on customs. So take that for what it's worth.

Good to know. Our iMacs must be on the same shipment.

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
The delivery time from the initial ship date is supposed to be 2-3 days for all orders including these China imacs. Something is very wrong here.

----------

I've also called Apple to get expedited shipping, but they told the same - it wouldn't matter.

Well apparently is matters very much from some of the tracking reports posted here. They can't really say that anymore with a straight face. It's just not true.

Beaglebasil

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
Just figured out how to take a screen shot. Here it is. This is what it shows on UPS now.

Last edited:

Kronen

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2012
Oxford, MS
It was nice traveling with you Kronen. I guess this is where we take different trucks. Hope you arrive with all your pixels in place. Merry Christmas!

Very nice to have you as a traveling companion, as well, RichiMac. Be sure to post when your iMac arrives; all of us UPSers need some catharsis after so much waiting.

Cheers!

MuSiCh4Film

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2012
Paris, France
It's being real nice to them and poor you for this very long wait so close to xmas. Some agents won't have any of it. It's case by case, agent by agent.

I know better than to be rude or condescending. I guess I'll keep trying.

I've also ordered on Dec 3rd. What is your order status?

It still says "Processing Items". Expected delivery is 27 Dec, 2012 - 06 Jan, 2013 :-(

I'd love to get it before Christmas obviously but I'm more worried about a late delivery time cuz I'll be visiting Dubai next week and plan on bringing it back with me when I come back on Jan 8.

Beaglebasil

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
Thanks

You might want to clean that up being that your order number, serial number, phone number, etc are all there as additional references...

Thanks. I am borderline retarded when it comes to computers and this stuff. If it weren't for these forums or youtube I wouldn't even be able to turn a computer on. Pretty sad.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    32.5 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

RichiMac

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2012
SoCal
Also... When you say 6 days earlier than apple estimated do you mean Apples estimate immediately after you purchased or the estimate when Apple sent you with the shipping notice.

6 days earlier than when purchased, which said Dec 24-31. One day earlier than UPS said it would arrive....tomorrow instead of Wednesday. I only found out about the 1 day early today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.