Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
UPDATE!!
My iMac has now been shipped :) Got apples email at 2:27am this morning - Sydney Australia time.

Still delivers 7/1/13 though.... Does it really take that long for the shipping?????

Its shipped but wont get to you till nearly a month? weird

zemzabob

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2010
UPDATE!!
My iMac has now been shipped :) Got apples email at 2:27am this morning - Sydney Australia time.

Still delivers 7/1/13 though.... Does it really take that long for the shipping?????

Wow seven months that's crazy:D

kdavis

macrumors member
May 6, 2003
Maine, USA
Agreed. I kind of work in operations but not for a consumer product. I find these types of logistics fascinating. But not fascinating enough to bust out a calculator :)

Its shipped but wont get to you till nearly a month? weird

I don't know that Apple updates their arrival date, do they? My Apple account still shows Dec 20-27, but FedEx has the thing in their system with their delivery estimation as Dec 17 (even though it says "next day" delivery). In other words, the shipping company's tracking will probably give you a better idea of actual delivery than will Apple's page.

ifraaank

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2012
Odense C, Denmark
Has anyone with a Dec 27- Jan 3 delivery date seen a status change from processing to preparing to ship?

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
MAGIC MOUSE+MAGIC TRACKPAD
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
COUNTRY KIT

Ordered the afternoon of 11/30

Yes, mine has shipped! :)

Ricktracer

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2012
Ordered 11/30 30 mins after the site went live. I got the ready for shipment notification 15 or so mins ago. My last name starts with S.

Finally woot!

APLRULZ

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
UPDATE!!

Definitely should not take that long for shipping. However, mine did sit in Shanghai for three days before it left for Anchorage in route to Louisville Kentucky via Pittsburgh, PA. And we thought we made a lot of stops while traveling, damn!

APLRULZ

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
I ordered mine on the 30th at about 9am Central with BTO options. According to the tracking info, it shipped at 6am on the 12th (not sure if the UPS site quotes the shipment time in the origin or destination time zone).

UPS doesn't estimate a delivery date, but Apple says the 20th. I'm leaving for Christmas on the 21st, so that's cutting it pretty close. My original range was the 24th-31st, which would have been fine. Both happy and sad right now, I don't want it sitting in the office at my apartment while I'm away. :(

UPS doesn't estimate a delivery date? Really? That sounds odd as most of the UPS shipments have delivery dates shown in tracking. In fact Apple no longer shows a delivery date for my order, just my tracking.

brooka

macrumors member
May 14, 2011
Definitely should not take that long for shipping. However, mine did sit in Shanghai for three days before it left for Anchorage in route to Louisville Kentucky via Pittsburgh, PA. And we thought we made a lot of stops while traveling, damn!

OK just got off the phone with Apple, they said the email they sent with the delivvery date of 7/1/13 Isn't an accurate date.
Always look on the TNT tracking website for the date. She said it could arrive as early as late next week!!!
Which kind of sucks as I'm leaving the state for holidays hahaha DAMMIT!
Will have to call TNT and get them to hold it till I get back.

rainbowsofwhite

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2011
Apple has just released my reservation on CC. Is it a good sign? (Still processing)

The same thing happened to me yesterday.
All of a sudden I have all this money in my account again!

I think it's a sure sign to expect "Prepared for Shipping" soon....but don't quote me! :)

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
I rang up Apple and they gave me expedited shipping but it didn't change my delivery date any, still Jan. 2-8. Still rather have Fedex delivering than UPS.

Maybe it'll change, maybe it wont. But they did ask me if I wanted any other accessory, and I chose the superdrive. Finally a good dealing with Apples customer service!

Ricktracer

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2012
Has anyone in the US had their orders change to preparing for shipping ? In the last couple of hours ?

It happened to me, Edry. I was in the same boat as you, almost to the brink of desperation (lol). You know us men and our toys... ;) Hang in there, I am sure yours is right around the corner.

Timhet

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2010
The same thing happened to me yesterday.
All of a sudden I have all this money in my account again!

I think it's a sure sign to expect "Prepared for Shipping" soon....but don't quote me! :)

I think the CC hold expired...maybe they last a week. Mine was released so I have all this money back in, now mine has shipped yet they still haven't taken the money out, although I'm sure that will happen any day now.

bayleaves

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2012
Silicon Valley
Has anyone in the US had their orders change to preparing for shipping ? In the last couple of hours ?

Not me :(

My keyboard arrived today, which won't do me a whole heck of a lot of good. Got my RAM too. Now all I need is an iMac to go with them. At least now I've learned it does no good to place my order in the first 10 minutes.

macuserpl

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2012
Szczecin, Poland
I think the CC hold expired...maybe they last a week. Mine was released so I have all this money back in, now mine has shipped yet they still haven't taken the money out, although I'm sure that will happen any day now.

I called Apple and they told me that it's because they don't want to keep blocking my card, so I can use it.

jkautosports

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2012
New York, NY
I was bored so I did some research AKA stalking. It looks like there are two FedEx flights that leave Shanghai every day.

FDX28:
-Leaves (Shanghai) ~7:51AM EST
-Arrives (Alaska) ~3:55PM EST

-then-

-Leaves (Alaska) Various times after arriving from Shanghai
-Arrives (Tennessee) ~1AM EST the following day

FDX90:
-Leaves (Shanghai) ~10:22AM EST
-Arrives (Tennessee) ~10:44PM EST same day

If my thinking is correct, even if you get a shipping notification, you probably will not see your package moving until those times... :)

Bucho3000

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2012
I was bored so I did some research AKA stalking. It looks like there are two FedEx flights that leave Shanghai every day.

FDX28:
-Leaves (Shanghai) ~7:51AM EST
-Arrives (Alaska) ~3:55PM EST

-then-

-Leaves (Alaska) Various times after arriving from Shanghai
-Arrives (Tennessee) ~1AM EST the following day

FDX90:
-Leaves (Shanghai) ~10:22AM EST
-Arrives (Tennessee) ~10:44PM EST same day

If my thinking is correct, even if you get a shipping notification, you probably will not see your package moving until those times... :)

So mine left Singapore (in transit) at 954am est 12/12 what does that mean?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.