iPod 2G iPod Shuffle is it shipping?

furious

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
Australia
Just wondering if the second generation shuffle was shipping? the Australian store still says "shipping October".

NeoMac

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2006
I just ordered my shuffle yesterday at it also says shipping in October. (U.S. store)

furious

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
Australia
so no firm date. oh! well. thanks for your help.

shuffle is the best value for money. only the songs you want to here.

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
im ordering one as soon as i get some cash in my pocket. i knew i was going to own one as soon as i saw it :)

I assume they come with the new earbuds, yes?

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
Late October is the word from my local Apple Centre - well, he said "Late October which means sometime in November."

I would presume they come with the new headphones.

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
Nope, not shipping yet:(

Scarlet Fever said:
I assume they come with the new earbuds, yes?
There has been some discussion about this and the pics on the website show the older standard headphones. Steve also never mentioned the new buds for the shuffle but he made sure he did for the nano and video.

Most likely no new buds.

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
MattyMac said:
Nope, not shipping yet:(

There has been some discussion about this and the pics on the website show the older standard headphones. Steve also never mentioned the new buds for the shuffle but he made sure he did for the nano and video.

Most likely no new buds.
I would say DEFINITELY new buds. Why would Apple even consider running two production lines for the pack-in earbuds when they can save money by just running one line for one style.

The in-ear buds don't count because they're not the super-mass-produced pack in ear buds and Apple makes the money back by charging a premium.

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
Chundles said:
I would say DEFINITELY new buds. Why would Apple even consider running two production lines for the pack-in earbuds when they can save money by just running one line for one style.

The in-ear buds don't count because they're not the super-mass-produced pack in ear buds and Apple makes the money back by charging a premium.
Want to make a friendly wager? :)

The new buds are also retailing for 30 bucks on apples site, another reason not to include them in the 79$ iPod.

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
Or maybe they're just getting rid of old stock before they start using the new ones. I mean, the 1g shuffle came with the same earbuds as the other iPod lines too.

Chris Bangle

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2006
UK
Its ridiculous to think that they will sell the new shuffle with the old headphones... How stupid would Apple be to do that... If the new shuffle has the old headphones I promise I will never post on this siite ever again.. THE SHUFFLE WILL NOT, i emphasis WILL NOT ship with the old earbuds.

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
Chris Bangle said:
Its ridiculous to think that they will sell the new shuffle with the old headphones... How stupid would Apple be to do that... If the new shuffle has the old headphones I promise I will never post on this siite ever again.. THE SHUFFLE WILL NOT, i emphasis WILL NOT ship with the old earbuds.
I sure hope you are right....we will soon find out:cool:

NeoMac

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2006
I only ended up paying $30 bucks for the 2G shuffle. I had my Apple coupon from the 3G iPod Battery class action lawsuit. It was a $50 coupon.

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
NeoMac said:
I only ended up paying $30 bucks for the 2G shuffle. I had my Apple coupon from the 3G iPod Batter class action lawsuit. It was a $50 coupon.
Thats the way to do it!

shrimpdesign

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2005

vi2867

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2006
Eastvale, CA
2G Shuffle shipping Oct. 31st...

I ordered an iPod Shuffle a couple of weeks ago, and my order says it will ship on October 31st, and hasn't changed.

As for the headphones, they have to be the new ones because Apple is no longer making the old ones. How are they going to sell a new product with old headphones, it just doesn't make sense.

If that happens, i'll march right into the Apple Store, and make them replace them with the new ones...

Me1000

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2006
2 GB shuffle??

all i see is a 1GB model!

can i get a link to a 2 GB one?

Me1000

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2006
lol nevermind i just thought of that when i was reading another post!

im an idiot! :p :p :p

mfacey

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2004
Netherlands
I ordered my shuffle here in Holland yesterday. After ordering all it said was shipping in October. As another poster mentioned though, I have now been "upgraded" to October 31st. I don't know whether this is the actual release date (hope not!). Apple might just be stretching the time as long as possible. Let's hope for shipping sometime this week! :D

lapalapalapa5

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2005
i ordered my shuffle sept 17th (wow almost a month ago! :eek: ) but yeah it has always said it would ship October 31st, but i just called apple and asked if anything has changed and they said no but offered free overnight shipping :cool: thanks apple :)

joshwest

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2005
I called and they said it would ship inbetween 25-31rst, and yes they come with new headphones steve said it on the keynote, and comes with a dock pretty good package for 79$