Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ziwi

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Right back where I started...
May Challenges are starting tomorrow! Good running in April. Keep it up - everyone is getting in better shape I can see it :D .

We have the standard (give the trophy to twood challenge :rolleyes: ) - most miles in the month.
the 1 mile, 5k and 10k are set for best time by end of June.

The new and improved challenges are variable distance goal challenges:
I put in the following:
  • 100 miles by end of 2007
  • 250 miles by end of 2007
  • 500 miles by end of 2007
If any one is interested in joing these they go from May through end of year - I invited based upon April's distances (as challenge organizer - I have to be in all of them), but if you want to join any of them then do it - all you have to do is finish the goal by end of year and everyone will get a trophy! It is a grop goal so join up where you think you need the motivation and let me know if there is interest in other types of challenges.

As always if anyone is interested in joining up to any challenge please put it in the thread or PM me with what you would like to join and your nike+ id. I try to carry over all the id's from one month to the next - if one drops out here or there it was not intentional.

See everyone out there running.

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
i'm back up to fitness and ready to rock on again with Nike+

Sign me up sir for all of them !

Nike+ User= Liketom

:)

ziwi

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
thanks again ziwi for setting up these challenges. i'm glad that you made some news as well. :)

Yeah, I am not that good at the daily stuff - I can try to do more status updates - Dr. Q used to post the graphs - I think an update in story mode may be something I or anyone else could do...

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
Yeah, I am not that good at the daily stuff - I can try to do more status updates - Dr. Q used to post the graphs - I think an update in story mode may be something I or anyone else could do...

yeah, those graphs were nice.....but not really necessary. it's up to you if you want to do that. it'd be nice, but if you don't have time then don't worry with it

748s

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2001
Tiger Bay
Thanks again to ziwi for keeping these challenges happening.
I'm at 80% after the week off.
I'll be doing shorter distances this month. Working on getting speed.
Overall average per KM is 7:34. Runs during April were avering 6:40.
Anything beyond 6:00 per KM maybe beyond my body.
But I'll be trying.

ziwi

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
But I'll be trying.

Excellent, keep up the good work - I have been trying to up my speed by adding a track workout once a week with some 880's and 440's at a faster pace to hopefully train my body to run faster.

748s

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2001
Tiger Bay
Excellent, keep up the good work - I have been trying to up my speed by adding a track workout once a week with some 880's and 440's at a faster pace to hopefully train my body to run faster.

I got one of those NIKE treadmill workouts, "Hill repeats", running fast up steep inclines and keeping a constant pace on 1% hills to recover.
Seems to be working. I'm getting increased distance over the set 30 minutes.
Distance has increased 500 metres over the 30 minutes.

The claim is running fast up hill will increase your speed.
seems to be working for me.........slowly!

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
I've been invited to and accepted the 100 miles challenge, but didn't receive any invitations to the 250 (within reach) and 500 (might be too much, but it's nice to have something to reach for). I'm the one with the seilenos at gmail address. :)

I've been busy, lazy and had a cold in April, and that has affected my progress, but May 20th it's the 7 mountains challenge [Norwegian link but the height and distances should be clear], and even if I'm just aiming for the shorter 4 mountains challenge (the last 4 from the list in the linked article) I have to be in fair shape for that... :)

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
But I'll be trying.

good job man! keep it going ;)

well now, how long ago was it that they switched it from 880 yards to 800 meters? and same with the 440 yards? haha

but running those will help your speed. but my ipod doesn't like for me to run fast though

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
We have the standard (give the trophy to twood challenge :rolleyes: ) - most miles in the month.

er, I think that would be the "give the trophy to qcassidy352 challenge?" ;)

The new and improved challenges are variable distance goal challenges:
I put in the following:
If any one is interested in joing these they go from May through end of year - I invited based upon April's distances (as challenge organizer - I have to be in all of them), but if you want to join any of them then do it - all you have to do is finish the goal by end of year and everyone will get a trophy! It is a grop goal so join up where you think you need the motivation and let me know if there is interest in other types of challenges.

so these are collective, not competitive? Just like the "goals" section, but in challenge form?

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
hey now.......i would be careful there. i didn't tell him to say that, but clearly you are making it more personal now

not at all. That was certainly no put down to you or anyone else. I would never have said a thing like that myself, but since someone else brought it up, I'm just setting the record straight.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
not at all. That was certainly no put down to you or anyone else. I would never have said a thing like that myself, but since someone else brought it up, I'm just setting the record straight.

but that's not the record. you haven't won every challenge, and neither have I or anyone else for that matter.

Foggy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2006
London, UK
I'll be up for these, although my running mileage will be dropping after the end of June for a while. Nike ID is Foggy76

ziwi

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
er, I think that would be the "give the trophy to qcassidy352 challenge?" ;)

so these are collective, not competitive? Just like the "goals" section, but in challenge form?

It was tounge in cheek as it seems twood wins the majority of the challenges - but to be fair you did take the last 2 months. So there was nothing intended by it so please do not feel that way. Now will you guys please stop bickering and just have some fun...;)

It will most likely always be either one of you winning (using additional walking stats) - I do notice that your profiles are not open on the nikeplus site any reason for that? Just curious about all time mileages and average paces - it is neat to see - especially from folks who are atop the leaderboard.

Foggy76 you have been added.

Suspended
Feb 18, 2006
Hong Kong
Heh. I think I've already hit 500 miles...

After my marathon though, I'm gonna let it rest for a while. I've wrecked my knees so that's gonna be a factor as to when I can get back into it.

Until then, bike riding only...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.