3G Lines

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Lotus Esprit V8, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Lotus Esprit V8 macrumors regular

Anyone have any photos of people waiting in line in front of an Apple Store or Best Buy to get their 3G?

Please post in this thread

2. Scott-n-Houston macrumors 6502a

It would be just me at the moment, and I'm not posting the pic! :D

3. Love Juice macrumors regular

I'm not even getting out of my car yet. 15 min to open @bb and 2 people are in line.

4. Love Juice macrumors regular

5. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

No plan? At BB? I'm shocked -- shocked I tell you.

6. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

7. mcfadyen macrumors regular

Might go firm Kingston, Ontario to Syracuse this evening. Would lovenupdates from there, too!

Can the Mods make this a sticky for the day?

8. adpretto macrumors member

San Diego

Hey Everyone,

So Me and My GF were at the Fashion Valley Mall San Diego Store waiting in Line and we were just asked to leave the Mall til it technically opens at 10am

The Security Guard also said that the Mall Management had no idea of a Special Event Occurring today , and until the Apple Store Notifies them the we are not allowed to Form a line outside the store.

All we can do is wait in the Malls Food Court.

So until 10am we are back at home browsing the forums trying to get more info.

9. jburns macrumors regular

They are so bad. Several of us went in as the store opened. No one at the Apple table so we were standing around. Finally asked customer service if anyone was working the Apple store today. They sent this kid over. When I asked him about the GS he said hey would probably be here in about a week.

Lady behind me said she had talked to the Apple guy that works here and that they were in the store ready to go. Kid looked confused. I told him that Apple stores were selling beginning at 5pm. His response while looking even more confused, "5pm?".

At this point we asked for a manager who told us that they did have them but she didn't know how many. They would begin selling at 5pm, first come first served. No vouchers.

10. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Ooops. Manager better fix that while he still has a job.

11. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Or maybe a gadget release isn't that important within the context of his other responsibilities.

12. pjbugs007 macrumors newbie

Just stopped by the Danbury,ct apple store and no line yet

13. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Its also entirely possible that this isn't "that big of a release" relative to the initial iPad release. I've not seen as much media coverage of thats for sure. For those in the know, of course its a big event. But for average Joe Consumer....not so much.

14. Godzirra! macrumors regular

Godzirra!

i will walk into my bestbuy at 5 to get one, hopefully there isnt a line. I might try my schools bookstore too, but it looks like there will be no lines to worry about today. good news.

15. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

Dayum, that sucks, I feel for you on that one...

If it's any consolation it's 11:15am here in Florida..

16. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Anybody near an Apple store in NYC? Or the Fifth Ave Store?

17. Lotus Esprit V8 thread starter macrumors regular

18. lilo777 macrumors 603

Just curious. Do you really like waiting lines that much that you want to see the pictures of them?

19. HERO XXL macrumors regular

Hit the Apple Store in the Westchester Mall in White Plains, NY & now the one in the Palisades Mall in Nyack. No lines at either one...although, they DID just put out the dividers outside the store. It also seems that each store is different in regards to the Gift Card issue. Where I initially purchased it would not let me use them for the iPad--(bastards!) but this one gave me a refund.

20. Sinfire macrumors regular

Looks like there are no lines to take photo's of.

I am guessing most people that would have usually lined up, have pre-ordered them and are at home waiting for their delivery.

21. alex2751 macrumors newbie

I was at 10am in front of BB and there was just one guy in front of me. We asked blueshirt guy and he said that they got 5 models in store and that line would form at customer service at 5pm. First come first serve. No vouchers. Guy also said that we don't have to get at Apple desk since all models are locked at customer service desk.

22. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Yeah, that's it. He is the manager of a gadget store and the biggest release of the year to-date to the point the store is closing at 4pm to prepare is beneath his duties. Really? Seriously, can't tell if you are for real or being sarcastic.

23. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    At tysons corner mall......NO line!!! Store is not real busy but some action there. They will close at 4:00 and reopen at 5:00. I imagine the line will start building up at around 2:00 or so.

24. Love Juice macrumors regular

since you insisted. right when i was walking up to the line @ 9:59am. a whopping 4 people there.

Attached Files:

25. Godzirra! macrumors regular

Godzirra!

wifi only was a bigger release. it was a new, fresh, exciting product. same thing here, except its not new, not all over the news, etc.. most people probably have no idea this is coming out today