Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
God bless you all, but I don't know why anyone is lining up this early. I considered it, but figured there was too much of a chance I would be alone for at least a few hours. Guess I was right. ;)

Jaro65

macrumors 68040
Mar 27, 2009
Seattle, WA
I think our enthusiasm here isn't exactly what is happening in the real world. The lines may not be that bad at all.

Lotus Esprit V8

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
New England
attachment.php

since you insisted. right when i was walking up to the line @ 9:59am. a whopping 4 people there.

OMG - Where is the security official who is doing crowd control?
What A Mob !!!!

drewfus

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2006
Evanston, IL
Drove by a couple of Best Buys (with Apple Shops in them) and there was no line at all. Also drove by the Deer Park Apple Store....and no line there either. I'm thinking that around this area it might not be terribly busy until maybe an hour or so before the launch.

I'm guessing if it's busy anywhere, it might be at the NMA store downtown.

lilo777

macrumors 603
Nov 25, 2009
How about this for waiting line?

Moscow,Lenin mausoleum:

2426390918_ed456366b2.jpg

Apple still needs some work to do in this department :D

DanielNTX

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2005
Lines? Meh, what lines? I got my two when the fedex guy lined up at my door in front of the UPS guy.

icanhasiphone?

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2008
San Diego, CA
Hey Everyone,

So Me and My GF were at the Fashion Valley Mall San Diego Store waiting in Line and we were just asked to leave the Mall til it technically opens at 10am

The Security Guard also said that the Mall Management had no idea of a Special Event Occurring today , and until the Apple Store Notifies them the we are not allowed to Form a line outside the store.

All we can do is wait in the Malls Food Court.

So until 10am we are back at home browsing the forums trying to get more info.

If you ever see this post how long are the lines there right now? I plan on heading to Fashion Valley around 12 or 1, that could change though.

coelacanth

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2004
SF flagship store (Stockton St) has no line as of now. It's west coast so you can't really compare with NY but, so far underwhelming looking. I'm still thinking if I get 3G one and sell Wifi...

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
No line @ Durham/Southpoint at 1pm. (I was in the B&N next door picking up a Nook for husband. /twitter)

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
no line

no line in palo alto, ca, pretty much as close to the mother ship as you can get. Wonder what is going on, are they just walking in and getting tickets?

soxfanreggie

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2010
heh, i'd think the reston store would have 0 people there, but never know.

all the rich kids from McLean will probably show up right after school lets out.

That's the key thing - kids in school, along with adults working, college students coming up on final exams or already taking them, and that you could have pre-ordered them for over a month and able to get them today. Lines may get bigger in the last couple hours once people get out of class/off work, but Apple's decision for the pre-order and ship, as well as already releasing the WIFI-only version about a month ago, really cut into the chance for huge lines.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
yeah because they're going to fire a manager over a bunch of geeks who want to line up for a gadget :rolleyes:

No, because the mall may not have enough security to allow geeks to wait in line and 1) Apple loses sales b/c they can only legally allow so many people in the store at one time and the mall isn't allowing overflow to line up or 2) the mall fines Apple for not giving it notice of the "special event" as stated in the lease.

It's the managers #1 job to make sure the store is operating at max efficiency. That is what a manager does. Neglected to inform mall security as required is a dereliction of that duty, that's why Apple might want to can him.

Scott-n-Houston

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2008
Houston (duh)
hahaha thats funny.. Steve Jobs moseleum

I never put it together before until now! Steve is such a lefty that he loves lines!! That's why there are always lines!!! It must make him feel good to create lines, like it felt good for Lenin and other commies to create bread lines, toilet paper lines...

ttate90303

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2008
California
I'm curious about lines in Perimeter Mall here in GA. Anyone?? I'll probably head out there around 3pm to see if I can snag a 3G model.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.