Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPad1iPad

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2010
Pink-Floyd-Pig-Children-Wall.gif

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2006
Any line updates for Charlotte, NC? I'm thinking about picking one up for a mothers day gift but have dinner plans at 7pm.

Baltika09

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2010
At the Altamonte Mall in Orlando FL, bout eh, 20th in line, 2 hours out, here we go! Three more people behind me...

wombat888

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2008
Any recent word on Best Buys?

I have a hunch the Apple Stores will draw most of the rabid fans, and non-rabid fans won't even know it's coming out at 5 p.m. today.

Kibbe17

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2010
Might go firm Kingston, Ontario to Syracuse this evening. Would lovenupdates from there, too!

Syracuse NY? that's where I bought my iPad wifi and they seem like they had enough stock to last a while.. I hope they do the same with the WiFi+3G because I plan on driven' up to get one if my WiFi sells on ebay! Let me know if you find out anything or if u grab one there yourself ehh? ;)

wombat888

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2008
I'm strangely excited that nobody's answering my question about Best Buy lines and only one guy has mentioned going to Best Buy so far. I am pretty sure the macrumors userbase and the demographic of people who are willing to stand in line for one of these devices is basically the same. The lack of Best Buy chatter makes me think I've got a great shot there. But if I find out otherwise, I'll post here to let others know ... while I walk to the Apple Store.

BeyondtheTech

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2007
No offense to anyone, and I'm an admitted fanboy, but do you really think there will be scores of people and sellouts like they had with the iPhones and the non-3G iPads?

This is probably the most expensive ($629-829) products people ever lined up for at an Apple store. Even the first iPhone's highest pricetag was $599.

Mind you, everyone could use a pocketable iPhone, but the iPad is not going to be as ultraportable. I'd be surprised if any line hit over 100. Of course, I'd love to be proven wrong.

wombat888

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2008
BeyondTheTech, it's hard to say ... I also doubt Apple stores have as many devices in stock as they have with previous major launches. Demand may be lower but supply may also be lower. But it's really all guesswork. I live in one of the 3 richest large counties in the U.S. (and another of the three adjoins ... and the third is elsewhere in my metro area), so I'm one of many with disposable income for gadgets where I live.

miguelq

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2007
I'm strangely excited that nobody's answering my question about Best Buy lines and only one guy has mentioned going to Best Buy so far. I am pretty sure the macrumors userbase and the demographic of people who are willing to stand in line for one of these devices is basically the same. The lack of Best Buy chatter makes me think I've got a great shot there. But if I find out otherwise, I'll post here to let others know ... while I walk to the Apple Store.

I am hoping the same thing. Going to get out in line in the next 30 min...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.