3G Network coming to New Hampshire Nov. 17th

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheSpaz, Sep 28, 2008.

1. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

An AT&T employee just told me that exact date.

2. tWoSour macrumors member

this is good and bad news. My birthday is on Nov 18th, and the timing is perfect, but i want to wait for a 32gb iPhone so I can fit all my music on it......damnit, this is gonna get really hard now.

Where was the store? I live in Manchester, and I'm guessing Mnachester will be covered

3. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

The store was in Salem, NH so I bet Manchester will be covered. Also, lemme find you the link to AT&T's New Hampshire plans... Hang on.

http://www.examiner.com/p-188675~AT...ar_in_the_New_Hampshire_Wireless_Network.html <-- There you go

4. tWoSour macrumors member

5. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Tomorrow is Nov. 17th and I just got an extra confirmation by an AT&T guy at the Mall that it is in fact getting turned on TOMORROW. I'm SOOO excited for this you guys. He also said that it could take up to a week for everything to be finalized. I'm suspecting they'll have issues because everyone will wanna be on it tomorrow if they flip the switch.

Anyways... it will be out BEFORE Thanksgiving and tomorrow (Nov. 17th) is the official launch date that they have told the AT&T employees... lets hope they keep their promise. But, as far as the AT&T store knows, tomorrow is the day. I'm so excited!

Check out the coverage viewer... it says it was updated 10/31/008 and it's blue in a TON of places in New Hampshire! My home town is solid blue and where I work and in Portsmouth and Concord and Rochester and Somersworth... it's blue everywhere... not to mention in Maine as well!

http://www.wireless.att.com/coverageviewer/

6. shipdestroyer macrumors 6502

As a manchester resident... this is very awesome.

7. ryanmcv macrumors 6502a

ryanmcv

I also heard that the Quad Cities (Davenport, Bettendorf, Rock Island, and Moline) will be getting 3G on November 17th. We'll see what happens tomorrow. :)

8. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

9. Nicholas.C macrumors 6502a

you said manchester, hamshire... etc and AT&T but to my non geographal mind, that makes it in england? and at&t are putting 3g towers up in england?!?! if not then im confused lol sorry

10. x86isslow macrumors 6502a

well, you weren't soo far off- New England, USA. named after the original ;)

11. Nicholas.C macrumors 6502a

12. arom macrumors 6502

Still nothing here in Portland, ME. I called a local ATT store and he stated it may be pushed back a week because of some issues at several towers. SO who knows now....

13. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Oh dang... oh well. I'm gonna keep checking my iPhone all day anyway. Hah. I really cannot wait to see that little 3G icon because I've never used 3G before.

14. arom macrumors 6502

For me it will be a HUGE jump from the crappy 37kbps EDGE i get now!!!! try using ORBLive with that speed!!

15. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Still nothing... any new info about why it's delayed? Do you think it's gonna take a whole week to fix?

16. datajockey macrumors newbie

nothing yet

Nothin as of today in Portsmouth NH. I would expect within a week or two.

17. chrisgeleven macrumors 6502

FYI, a poster on HowardForums says they talked to someone at AT&T and said that there is several towers having issues in NH/Maine, that is why 3G hasn't been turned on according to schedule (even AT&T's coverage map now shows NH & Maine having 3G).

Expect it within the next 1-2 weeks.

http://howardforums.com/showpost.php?p=11949337&postcount=251

Hello to my fellow Nh residents by-the-way. Good to see some of us on these forums.

18. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Good news! It seems as though my iPhone has suddenly switched to GPRS! Maybe this is an indication that things are changing. Either way... I'm excited that something is finally happening. I really hope that they turn it on today!

19. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

Another NH here...just waiting...finally turned on the 3G switch on Monday looking every so often to see if the little E is gone.

In odd somewhat unrelated news, I've found that my battery life is actually better with the 3G turned on and I'm getting much better coverage even though I'm not getting 3G...four bars inside my house instead of the toggling 1 to 2 bars.

20. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Hello fellow NH'er. I check my iPhone like 50 times a day to see if the E is gone. Hah.

21. jellis macrumors member

I remember talking with the at&t guys about 3G service back in July. They said it would be out in November and it completely slipped my mind until now. I can't wait to see the 3G when it happens.

I am in Portsmouth.

22. chrisgeleven macrumors 6502

Latest HowardForums update, someone talked with an AT&T tech working at one of their cell towers and they claim 3G will be turned on tonight or tomorrow!

http://www.howardforums.com/showpost.php?p=11954663&postcount=267

Granted this was in Maine, so that doesn't necessarily mean it will happen here. As always, there is the disclaimer that any last minute problems could result in another delay.

In other words, I will believe it when I see it!

23. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

That's nice to know, since I live in NH, and Nov. 17th is my birthday!
    However, I still don't think ill plunge for the 3G.

24. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

That's excellent news. Don't get me too excited all over again. Hah. I'm trying to remain calm.

Hopefully we'll get it before Thanksgiving.

25. rammic macrumors newbie

no 3g yet in Nashua, NH

hello to all NHers. good to see and hear from you all.

I turned on 3G on my iphone after like 3 months hoping to see the 3G icon replace the E icon. Didn't happen. Wonder when it will be enabled in Nashua. Has anyone seen 3G in NH so far? The ATT website says we have 3G in NH.

Hoping to see it come on real soon.

Thanks to this thread without which I would never have known that 3G was being introduced in NH.