3G Unrestrictor Update

vexatia

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 9, 2008
Won't load. I get a 'size mismatch' error. Anyone know how to fix this? Also, does anyone know what the update will do?

Thanks.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Won't load. I get a 'size mismatch' error. Anyone know how to fix this? Also, does anyone know what the update will do?

Thanks.
3G Unrestricter is a $3.99 paid app and just newly updated to work under iOS 4.

Sounds like you are using the cracked version which won't work. If you paid and it's a size mismatch, reinstall it (but unlikely since all the Cydia repos are now working fine)

Pay for your apps. Piracy isn't supported here.

dhy8386

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
So I went to try and download from Cydia. I had previously purchased with 3GS. It seems to be making me purchase again?????

To confirm my account is linked properly on my I4, I searched and tried to download a few other apps I had purchased on my 3GS. All of them show up as Previously Purchased.

Is the author of this app charging a full 3.99 to repurchase? Granted i paid 2.99 last time but it seems ridiculous to charge again just for what would turn out to be facetime.

Can someone else confirm this?

shotts56

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2008
Scotland
My3G got in there first anyway, and I'm sure they've taken a lot of the business that 3G Unrestrictor would have got over the last few days.

If you're not fast, you're last ...

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
I purchased 3G unrestrictor over a year ago and never had a problem with it. I even used it before the update on my iPhone 4 and it worked perfectly. I can't understand why it needed to be updated to begin with since it worked.

3G unrestrictor was here long before My3G.

My3G just did things a little different than 3G unrestrictor and allowed Factetime over 3G. I'm sure 3G unrestrictor will eventually as well.

gixxerfool

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2008
I get the same size mismatch error message. It sucks cause I paid as well. This is on the same device no less. And no it's not cracked. It's the official.

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
Guys it got updated for face time. Devs been working on it nonstop since the jailbreak was released. Also I dunno why you guys have to jump to piracy like no ones ever gotten a size mismatch error on cydia :rolleyes:

Gkf9

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2009
Lancashire
Guys it got updated for face time. Devs been working on it nonstop since the jailbreak was released. Also I dunno why you guys have to jump to piracy like no ones ever gotten a size mismatch error on cydia :rolleyes:
I've paid for it!!!!

tehreflex

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2009
I just paid for it but cannot install. Says it depends on Mobile Substrate >= 0.9.3228-1 which I know I updated yesterday because of the Skype thing.

pauliphone

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2008
London, UK
I purchased as well and am having the same problem, although the update now appears to have been taken down from cydia so hopefully they are sorting it.

hidefguy

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2009
I'm getting the same error. But if you look at the writing in yellow it clearly says, "If you try to download it there might be a download error. Please try again later. Sorry about that!".

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
I contacted BigBoss about it (he's the maintainer of the package). I assume many others have done the same. Should be an easy fix.

I'm getting the same error. But if you look at the writing in yellow it clearly says, "If you try to download it there might be a download error. Please try again later. Sorry about that!".
It didn't say that five minutes ago.

vexatia

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 9, 2008

Sounds like you are using the cracked version which won't work. If you paid and it's a size mismatch, reinstall it (but unlikely since all the Cydia repos are now working fine)

I paid, as well.

spamdumpster

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2008

Wow, dude, talk about jumping to conclusions. I think you owe the OP an apology.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.