4.01 is out.. what now

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Benji222, Jul 15, 2010.

  1. Benji222 macrumors 65816

    Benji222

    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2009
    Location:
    So Cal
    #1
    What now ;)?

    If you havnt saved you 4.0 blobs... can you still?
     
  2. dZp macrumors 6502a

    dZp

    Joined:
    Mar 29, 2006
    #2
    Floodgate of similar threads!
     
  3. dhlizard macrumors G4

    dhlizard

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2009
    Location:
    The Jailbreak Community
    #3
    I suspected it might pop at 2:00 EST

    Don't upgrade until tools come out.
     
  4. Arisian macrumors 68000

    Arisian

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2007
    Location:
    China
    #4
    make sure you hit no/cancel/opposite of yes :D
     
  5. OttawaGuy macrumors 6502a

    OttawaGuy

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2006
  6. swoosh0217 macrumors 6502a

    swoosh0217

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2007
    Location:
    NW
    #6
    I was right all along! I have said it that its going to come out on the 15th! Now we wait for the DEV team with their release... :eek::D
     
  7. Benji222 thread starter macrumors 65816

    Benji222

    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2009
    Location:
    So Cal
    #7
    Did a downlaod only just so I dont have to later if I need to.
     
  8. OttawaGuy macrumors 6502a

    OttawaGuy

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2006
    #8
    comex

    http://twitter.com/comex
     
  9. ACardAttack macrumors 6502

    ACardAttack

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2010
    #9
  10. lakshi macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2008
    #10
    we now just have to wait for unlock and jailbreak to be released..
     
  11. jbarresi19 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2010
    #11
    Can someone answer this....if i am waiting for just a jailbreak and i backed up my 4.0 blobs can i update to 4.01 or wait?
     
  12. thelatinist macrumors 603

    thelatinist

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2009
    Location:
    Connecticut, USA
    #12
    Wait. Just wait for MuscleNerd to tweet about it. He'll say whether it's safe to update.
     
  13. swoosh0217 macrumors 6502a

    swoosh0217

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2007
    Location:
    NW
    #13
    My personal opinion would be no if you don't want to be miserable.
     
  14. weemanpow3 macrumors 6502

    weemanpow3

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2008
    #14
    The jailbreak wont last long for me when its released, if the iPhone 4 recall is really true. Hopefully 4.0.1 isn't hard to crack.
     
  15. jbarresi19 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2010
    #15
    Thanks for the reply, i dont see 4.01 being that important anyway....who thinks from comex's response that the JB will be out today?
     
  16. ACardAttack macrumors 6502

    ACardAttack

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2010
    #16
    If you are jailbroken at the moment, I wouldnt...and even if you are not, Id wait as others have said...you never know

    From COMEX: Even iPhone4 users should not update if they're planning to unlock.

    That implies no one should update
     
  17. daraj macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2010
  18. thelatinist macrumors 603

    thelatinist

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2009
    Location:
    Connecticut, USA
    #19
    I repeat: do not upgrade until we get the okay from MuscleNerd.
     
  19. labman macrumors 604

    labman

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2009
    Location:
    Mich near Detroit
    #20
    just got this on twitter from Comex

    comex
    Even iPhone4 users should not update if they're planning to unlock.

    comex
    3.2.1 and 4.0.1 out. if you want an unlock, DO NOT UPDATE. No, the jailbreak is not ready yet.

    Notcom adds
    All - as of 220pm EST Apple is no longer signing 4.0 shsh requests. If you didn't get yours, sorry.
     
  20. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

    Applejuiced

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2008
    Location:
    At the iPhone hacks section.
    #21
    Now you wait and you dont update anything untill you get the ok by The Dev team like usual.
    Users who dont think and rush to update will always be stuck and cry about I 'accidentally' updated:)
     
  21. nfl46 macrumors 604

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2008
    #22
    I'm updated. I have no plans of unlocking. AT&T is my carrier.
     
  22. rwilliams macrumors 68040

    rwilliams

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2009
    Location:
    Durham, NC
    #23
    Good thing I saved my SHSH blobs on both my iPhone 4 and iPod Touch last night.
     
  23. mefromfl macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2010
    #24
    can you please help me find the "no" button?
     
  24. B737 macrumors 6502a

    B737

    Joined:
    Oct 22, 2008
    Location:
    Jersey Shore
    #25
    if your blobs are saved, i believe, you can always downgrade to the firmware that your saved blob was by pointing itunes to Saurik's server.

    so technically you should be able to upgrade without fear, knowing you can always roll back. (as long as your hashed)

    correct?
     

Share This Page