4 weeks since preorder. Frustration level maximum.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Seesh, May 8, 2015.

1. Seesh macrumors member

I just want my watch. I mean come on.

People are getting their leather loops they ordered separately. Shouldn't Apple's priority be to get the orders out to people first who ordered the watch with the leather loop bands first?

What a joke.

2. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

3. Medicman67 macrumors regular

What about people that walk in to Maxfields in LA and buy the same watch you ordered on the 10th and they get it in one day. CRAZY.

4. Seesh thread starter macrumors member

Seriously, this whole entire launch has been mishandled.

5. moptart macrumors member

Are they buying modern buckles?

6. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

You weren't around for the iPhone 4 launch, were you?

Either way, #firstworldproblem.

BL.

7. Seesh thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I've had every iteration of the iPhone. I've gotten them all as close to launch as possible. I wasn't on these forums though.

8. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

I have had my watch since Tuesday. I opened it up, looked at it and put it back in. It looks nice maybe I'll have a chance to toy with it this weekend.

9. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

3 words. White iPhone 4.

That was mishandled. This is not.

BL.

10. mrboba1 macrumors regular

lol - pair it and put it on, that takes 5 minutes. You don't even have to wait for it to sync before you do that.:p

11. Randizzledante macrumors regular

Randizzledante

I wanted a white iPhone 4 too. When they said it wasn't going to be available at launch, I laughed and got a black one. At launch. Same phone. Holding out for white was everyone else's problem, not Apple's.

12. AppleWes macrumors 6502

AppleWes

I ordered on 4/11 and have June shipping time frame, so that means all the way until 6/30.

Apple never lied about the shipping date so I have nothing to be upset about. The shipping time frame is listed right there before you buy.

Guess I just don't let things bother me as much (and have been through plenty of iPhone launches too).

13. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

You mean the time it took me to type that I could have had the phone operational?

14. sttuk macrumors member

sttuk

I must have been very lucky during the iPhone 4 launch then because I queued up for one.

This however has been a disaster of a launch. Didn't Apple get some sort of idea how popular each model and strap combo would be from us all favouriting the ones we wanted before pre ordering?

15. SHKLMRE macrumors 6502

Please tell me more about the white iP4 launch

16. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

When the CEO of the company states that it would be available on launch day, and when that day comes, you see that not only is it not available for ordering, it isn't even available for 4 months AFTER the launch, that isn't the customer's fault.

In the iPhone 4's case, Jobs erred, and majorly when he stated that. It was held up because he wasn't happy with the shade of white on the phone. But nothing was made mention of that until after launch. If he wasn't happy about it, he could have restated that the white 4 wouldn't be available. He didn't.

In the watch's case, they were all available for order, and are being given windows of delivery dates. Until your date is missed, you can not call this failed.

BL.

17. Seesh thread starter macrumors member

It's pretty much a fail since people have ordered them 2 days ago and are receiving them today as shown in other threads. Apple has failed big time with the leather loops and link band.

18. b3arclaw macrumors regular

I agree 100%. I want to understand if it was worth even pre-ordering if people are walking into Maxfield's and walking out with one. Kinda boggles of my mind.

19. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Ever think that supply is catching up with demand? Exactly the same thing that happened when times slipped to 5 - 6 seeks for any new iPhone that comes out?

Or tha Apple is putting these together like they do with BTO? There are a lot of other factors at play here outside of your want for instant gratification, especially since this is a new product geared towards a new market.

because they were one of the stores to carry it retail.

Wonder if it would boggle your mind for those who pre-ordered iPhones and hadn't received those, while people waiting in line at the stores were able to walk out with one.

BL.

20. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

The launch was such a fail that people are cancelling the watches they wanted for something they'll settle for.
    Meanwhile Apple has designed calculators read 15 digits to the left of the decimal point

21. Randizzledante macrumors regular

Randizzledante

I'm not calling this (the Apple Watch) launch a failure. I am saying this whole "White iPhone 4" LEGEND of being such a botched launch is a bunch of whiny people who wanted a special color, not the phone itself.

22. Seesh thread starter macrumors member

When a month has passed, instant gratification shouldn't even enter into the conversation.

I have been patiently waiting and am quite annoyed at this point in time. Apple said prior to the preorder, that the watches will be available on the 24th.

Before 12pm PST, there was no communication that some combos would have a 4-6 week out the gate. This would have allowed people to order a different one if they wanted as the orders flooded in and every moment was crucial.

23. melman101 macrumors 68030

No one has a modern buckle.

24. techno-Zen macrumors 6502a

techno-Zen

OR just order the 38mm Black classic buckle and get it in a day

25. davideotape macrumors 6502

Im jonesing for mine but my delivery period when i ordered at 4am eastern said June, so i knew what i was getting into. Its both fun and frustrating to see people getting their watches already but the people complaining that it hasnt shipped before the date provided when they hit "Order" are really being next level childish.