Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has now sold out of its launch day pre-order stock of all six Wi-Fi models in its online store, with new pre-orders currently being quoted shipping estimates of one week. The company's retail stores should still have stock available beginning at 8:00 AM on Friday for those still interested in obtaining one on launch day.

ipad_4_shipping_1_week.jpg

Wi-Fi fourth-generation iPad models with one-week shipping estimates

iPad mini pre-orders are continuing to hold at two-week shipping estimates, while those who were able to get their launch-day orders in are monitoring delivery progress. Those who ordered iPad mini Smart Covers have been seeing their accessories delivered yesterday and today, while MacRumors forum members have been following progress of the devices themselves in an extensive thread.

ipad_mini_smart_cover.jpg

While Apple's official online order status pages generally still show iPad mini pre-orders as "Preparing for Shipment", most of the orders are actually already en route. Some users have had success locating their packages by searching FedEx tracking using their phone numbers as references, while others have had success by looking up the serial numbers of their devices and using those as references to track via UPS.

ipad_mini_ups_tracking.jpg

iPad mini pre-order en route via UPS for Friday delivery

Cellular-capable models of the iPad mini and fourth-generation iPad will not ship until later this month, with the earliest pre-order customers seeing estimated delivery dates beginning November 21 in the United States.

Article Link: 4th Generation iPad Launch Day Pre-Orders Sold Out, First iPad and iPad Mini Pre-Orders En Route

flashPUNK

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2004
I don't get it... I ordered my ipad mini 16gb white wifi @ 3:04am (toronto time) on launch day.... My shipping estimate is 2 weeks.... WTF!

My smart cover should arrive today or tomorrow.

Comment

Dwalls90

Contributor
Feb 5, 2009
Wow, who would have thought such a uselessly incremental upgrade would result in lack of popularity? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Apple should be afraid. They have eroded consumer faith in their release cycle, meaning users like me will WAIT and NOT PURCHASE the newest and greatest product.

EDIT: People, it's called sarcasm. Hence the emoticon ;)

Last edited:
Comment

HabSonic

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2011
Canada
Wow, who would have thought such a uselessly incremental upgrade would result in lack of popularity? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Apple should be afraid. They have eroded consumer faith in their release cycle, meaning users like me will WAIT and NOT PURCHASE the newest and greatest product.

You mean useless like that?

ipad4benches.png

Comment

raremage

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Orlando, Florida
I'm happy for those who have preorders - it's nice to know they're on the way, eh?

I've got an LTE Mini on pre-order, so when they start ging out will be of more interest to me personally.

Comment

iThinkIt

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2012
Florida, USA
My iPad 4Gen 64GB was ordered opening day two hours after ordering opened.. still showing "Preparing For Shipping" as of a few minutes ago... Crossing my fingers it will change today.

Comment

Xenc

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2010
London, England

I'm sure Apple are quaking in their boots after reading that.

Comment

WannaGoMac

macrumors 68030
Feb 11, 2007
I can't believe there are so many people who want iPads and haven't yet gotten prior versions to sell out the new model year after year! I have an iPad 2 and still quite happy with it...

Comment

applegigs

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2011
Copenhagen, Denmark
I don't get it... I ordered my ipad mini 16gb white wifi @ 3:04am (toronto time) on launch day.... My shipping estimate is 2 weeks.... WTF!

Don't worry.. :rolleyes: I ordered my iPhone 5 only two and half hours after they started taking ones online and yesterday I got my iPhone ... it officially launched on the 28-th September in Denmark :D:apple:

Comment

pantherus05

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2011
I ordered a WiFi Mini & 4 and still can't find my shipping.... still processing and the reference doesn't work.

Can someone detail the test? I tried phone # & serial nums and nothing :(

PS: Ordered right at 3AM EST on the 26th.

Comment

jayducharme

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
This is amazing. Apple can't make any of their products fast enough. It'll be interesting to see whether the new iMacs go out of stock that quickly.

Comment

joelvega125

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
I ordered a WiFi Mini & 4 and still can't find my shipping.... still processing and the reference doesn't work.

My mini is still preparing for shipment. Still says Delivered by November 2nd though. I ordered well before the shipping time changed to 2 weeks :rolleyes:

Comment

Intarweb

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2007

So the one time Apple does this they're credibly is out the door?

Sense, you make none of it.

Comment

AttilaTheHun

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2010
USA

call your credit card and see if the blocked it, it happened to me , I had money,
my credit card say they have problems with Apple store froud,

Comment

phantom5251

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2009
Michigan
I ordered a 32 GB Black 4G iPad in the evening of launch day. Apple's site is still showing preparing for shipment. However, tried the phone number trick on the reference page on FedEx's site, and it says it was picked up in Middletown, PA, on October 28, and should deliver by 3pm on Friday. Odd, as I always kind of thought pre-orders came from Shenzhen?

Comment

AttilaTheHun

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2010
USA
So the one time Apple does this they're credibly is out the door?

Sense, you make none of it.

But that what hapened to Blackberry, they said the new bb 9900 coming soon and that took them 10 month, I gave up and moved to iphone,
now you can see what hapened to them

Comment

CountBoni

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2011
London, UK

Dude, I'm pretty sure they made it this time to have a consistent product cycle in Autumn before the holiday quarter, I really don't think they will release a new product randomly or every 6 weeks, they just had to do it this time, it makes sense, iPhone, iPad, iPad mini and Macs all together ready for the season, makes sense for me, unfortunately for some guys it was this year. Lucky for me I just gave my iPad 2 to my mum and haven't bought a new one :)

Comment

Wolfmore

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2008

Isn't the Mini wifi 16gb white the one that sold out on less than 20 minutes? You ordered the first 4 minutes? I say call Apple I bet they get you one delivered on time.

Comment

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
Looks like most were picked up in China on 10/28. Seems Apple is not updating their order status site to show these as shipped.

I was able to find mine via UPS and my phone number...sitting in Louisville.

-Kevin

Comment

LagunaSol

macrumors 601
Apr 3, 2003
They have eroded consumer faith in their release cycle, meaning users like me will WAIT and NOT PURCHASE the newest and greatest product.

It appears you are not cut out to be a consumer in the fast-paced world of technology.

Comment

clukas

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
Im in the UK and pre-ordered my white iPad 4th gen a few minutes after they became available. Its still showing as preparing for shipment with delivery expected 11/2. I tried phone serial no, my phone number and order number with various delivery companies and nothing came up.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.