MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has officially introduced the iPhone X, its new flagship smartphone with dozens of new features. It won't be available until November 3, but here's a preview of 50 changes and improvements coming.

50-iphone-x-800x250.jpg

Click here to read rest of article...

Article Link: 50 New Features in iPhone X

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
50 features? Somebody must have played "where's waldo" to find all those features. Although i have mix feeling, it is nevertheless one of the powerful iphone.

Reactions: consultio
Comment

Ds6778

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2016
Fanboy aside.... This was a rushed product. A lot of what seems to be an afterthought or completely disregarded. Sloppy UI elements, incongruent spacing, finicky gestures and a hit or miss facial recognition. This was definitely a “me too!” design.

Comment

Pezboy

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2015
The number of new features on this phone is amazing. It really feels like something a time traveler dropped off from the future. I just hope iPhone 8 sales don't suffer too much, everyone wants an X!
I’m actually fairly uninterested in the X. I’m getting the 8 plus.
[doublepost=1505395124][/doublepost]
No offense but speak for yourself, I'm going for the 8+
You and me both

Comment

Avieshek

Suspended
Dec 7, 2013
India
Let's see.
Next year, it's about supporting 12-bit Rec. 2100 Colour Gamut now possible with the OLED screen with ProMotion and Camera enhancements like the 6-element lens being glass instead of plastic allowing not only more light but truer RGB colours even at 18-24 megapixel dual-camera setups.
5-axis OIS and under-screen fingerprint scanner are two big wild cards.

Last edited:
Comment

Mjmar

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2008
Part of me thinks that if Steve were to be the one to release this phone people would be more hyped and less critical. I really have no idea why Apple continues to have Phil announce all of the new breakthrough products - he just doesn't have any real charisma.

Comment

WestonHarvey1

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2007
Oh yeah cleary Apple has just been sitting on their butts all this time and rushed out this product. Every single one of those features could have been banged out in a single weekend. I mean come on I built my own face scanner with an Arduino and like 3 lines of code. What a cynical cash grab!

Comment

philip456

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2008
East Anglia, England
I'm all for constructive criticism but these are scraping the bottom of the barrel. If disliking the UI spacing and a facial recognition system that you haven't even tried, is the best take down you can do, it must be a pretty good product.

Fanboy aside.... This was a rushed product. A lot of what seems to be an afterthought or completely disregarded. Sloppy UI elements, incongruent spacing, finicky gestures and a hit or miss facial recognition. This was definitely a “me too!” design.

Comment

DavidLeblond

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Raleigh, NC
What is next year's phone going to be? Are they still going to iterate on the 8? So 8S and XS? Or are they going to go to 11? Will they release an 8S and then a 9?

Comment

diegov12

macrumors member
Dec 29, 2015
Part of me thinks that if Steve were to be the one to release this phone people would be more hyped and less critical. I really have no idea why Apple continues to have Phil announce all of the new breakthrough products - he just doesn't have any real charisma.
That did not go well for the original ipad…
The moment people stop hating on new iphone or apple products, is the I'll start to worry.

Comment

TinaBelcher

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2017
I just purchased the w29 charger for my iPad Pro 12.9 so I'm very excited about being able to use it for the iphone x. This just confirms more so that I do want the iPhone x despite of the price! I cannot tell you how paranoid i am about accidentally plugging the w29 into my iPhone 7. I know it's gonna happen sooner or later...

Comment

DoctorDoctor

Suspended
Jul 14, 2016
yes, that time traveler happened to be an android user from 5 years ago lol

Yes, some features are not new but some are. Or can you show me an Android phone that every one of these features and is 5 years old. Not to mention the processor in this thing will beat the pants on ALL Android phones. Yes, even one that have not been announced yet. So maybe Apple is from the future.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.