500 Days with the same iMac - Lets celebrate!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by iMcLovin, Sep 14, 2012.

1. iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

It´s a great day for the iMac and another feat for Apple. I think it deserves a celebration thread.

Apple Presents

:apple:
    nothing

2. sainsburys macrumors regular

yep. So let's celebrate!

"We know the truth"

I was about to link to Micheal Jackson song They Don't Care About Us, because of the lyrics, but then I watched Prison Video once again and...we worry too much, it's just another computer...and there is such cruelty in the World...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZQWTJ-ObaA&feature=BFa

Don't forget about normal life!

3. davidgnomo macrumors 6502a

davidgnomo

4. seniorchang macrumors member

The Buyer's Guide clearly shows that mac machines are next.

Everything else has been updated, so October is the month of the (i)Mac.
    (and ipad mini maybe).

We are almost there guys, 1,5 months at most, don't give up right before the finish line.

5. emilv macrumors newbie

It shouldnt take a company like Apple, with all it's resources, money and people, months to finish a simple spec bump for the iMac/Mac Mini.

6. fingerprince macrumors member

It has to be said - great video.
    Thanks for posting - really cheered up my morning
    Love it

7. bflowers macrumors 6502a

I've given up waiting to buy a maxed out iMac, and am going to put the money into something that gets more frequent updates. A brand new top of the line iPod Classic. Oh wait.... :D

8. harcosparky macrumors 68020

With the last iteration of the iMac, Apple has created hands down the perfect all-in-one design.

They are having a tough time improving on perfection.

Those who wait, are cheating themselves.

Those who bought a new one are right now enjoying perfection in their lives.

Buy --- Use ---- Enjoy !!!!!!!

-OR-

Sit on the corner waiting for that Update Bus to show up ..... it's coming .... you know it is ..... it's 'just around the corner'. But the corner is a million miles away!

:D

----------

As if Apple schedules production according to the Buyers Guide! :roll eyes:

On the other hand almost everything else has been updated so one could, maybe, possibly, safely say Mac machines are next!

9. simonb76 macrumors member

10. iHailCarlo macrumors 6502

You guys crack me up! I always ask this and really have yet to get a specific answer other than I just need more power. What is it that you need the current macs don't do?

11. seniorchang macrumors member

I'm not paying $650 for a 256GB SSD.

(price here in europe converted to USD)

12. fa8362 macrumors 65816

They don't need it, they just want it. Plus bragging rights...

13. seniorchang macrumors member

You know, there might be reasons which are outside your thinking capability.

14. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

The way things are going, meeting back here at day 600 seems not unlikely at this point. :(

15. fa8362 macrumors 65816

Oddly, you haven't listed any of them.

There's quite a difference between needs and wants, but people frequently confuse them.

16. seniorchang macrumors member

SSD (mentioned just above your post).

I know you can

1) order one in the current iMacs, but here in europe they cost $650 which is much too expensive.

2) Upgrade yourself, but I don't want to open up a brand new iMac myself neither do I want to pay someone $200 to do it for me.

That's why I'm waiting for the new one with (hopefully) reasonable SSD options.

Saying SSD is just something I want and not something I need, is like saying buying a car is not necessary if you have a bicycle.

17. comatory macrumors 6502a

comatory

I need USB3 for my external RAID box which I use as scratchdisk for HD video editing. How bout that? And dont say Firewire because its slow as **** and Thunderbolt offerings are too expensive.

Seriously you people who insist that old Macs are fine for all of us crack me up.

18. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

A reasonable priced SSD, a GPU that will probably give excellent performance at least 2 more years than the 2011's, and fewer glare headaches.

19. iHailCarlo macrumors 6502

You sound upset? That cracks me up! Anyway FireWire and Thunderbolt take care of these needs, you just prefer a different port. So again what don't the current macs do that you need? It's a tough and tricky question.

20. comatory macrumors 6502a

comatory

I just answered why I dont want to use Firewire (you probably havent edited multiple HD streams in your life) and Thunderbolt (Promise R4 costs almost the same as entry level iMac, ridiculous).

I'll answer directly: current iMacs dont allow for cheap RAID solution with fast read and write speeds.
    So basically yeah, current iMac doesnt do what I need with my budget. Oh wait, next you'ľ tell me its my problem.

21. harcosparky macrumors 68020

Go buy a Windows machine, be done with it and stop bitching!

It's that damned easy!

----------

So what if you wait and the SSD options are not 'reasonable' according to you?

What then?

More bitching on the forums?

Comparing chickens to paper weights! :D

22. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Current Macs are poor value compared to what they could be. If you wanted to resell one later you would be taking a bigger loss than you should. Its a straightforward job to upgrade to the new GPUs and Ivy Bridge CPUs and Apple could have done this in April with ease. They are holding back for reasons which only they know. If you game at all you should be pretty pissed as the new GPUs are considerably faster and recent games have been demanding.

23. seniorchang macrumors member

If you read my posts than you'd know that first of all I am not "bitching", but patiently waiting and stating my opinion now and then.

Second, it is highly unlikely that SSD prices will be the same as for the current ones which are from 1,5 years ago. Now we don't know how much cheaper they'll be, but they'll be cheaper.
    I'll start worrying about the unlikely case that prices stay the same, when it really will be the case.