6+ is awesome.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ET iPhone Home, Dec 16, 2014.

1. ET iPhone Home, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2014

ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Thank you for all the positive comments on the 6+

The only issue is software in iMessage. Hopefully, a software update will fix it.

2. Zxxv macrumors 68040

I just use my iPhone. I don't look for any of that. If I can't see it in normal use I don't care. I used to but found it unhelpful in my overall health. Just give it a general check. If your happy keep it. If anything goes wrong take it into Apple.

3. rikmac111 macrumors newbie

I have had the 6 plus for a month now and have not had any of these issues. Who is to say the 6+S will not have even more issues than the 6+. I believe if we wait for tomorrow then we will never enjoy today. Enjoy your phone.

4. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

Nope. I hear the 11+S will be perfect, though.

5. Newtons Apple, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2014

Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

I think some would enjoy their phone more if they did not read these forums.

6. lyceumHQ macrumors 6502a

lyceumHQ

Only you can decide if you should return it.

Basically though. It's not worth the worry. If you're too busy worrying about various possible issues to enjoy owning a phone you spent a thousand dollars on then return it and buy when you feel more comfortable and have more confidence in the product you're spending your hard earned cash on. That's a lot of money to spend on worrying.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If you can't use it with peace of mind, then yes, wait for the S version. With that said, I'm fairly certain that the S version will have its own set of imperfections.

Use the phone, and enjoy it, don't sweat the small stuff.

8. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

Stop reading the Internet and enjoy your phone.

9. 617aircav Suspended

Amazing that you have a phone and can't decide if you really want it.

10. Brdl04 macrumors regular

Brdl04

What do you want us to say?

OMG LOL return your phone!!!! OMG!!!

If you read forums you hear only issues...why start a thread for "my phone works and has no issues"?

You are Paranoid.

11. BenTrovato macrumors 68020

BenTrovato

Haha it really is amazing. I sometimes wonder what great feats humans would accomplish nowadays if we didn't spend days/weeks fighting our brains on which telephone to have.

OP make a decision and move forward. It literally doesn't pay to think about it for so long. If you're not happy with the 6, you won't be happy with the 6S. Happiness comes from within not from a model number.

12. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 68040

PinkyMacGodess

'Researching' anything on the internets requires a rather high bar for making decisions.

I read reviews on a new TV where it was heavily voted down because the 'brushed steel' color didn't look much like 'brushed steel'.

I had to stop and think about how many people slagged this TV just based on the color. I mean, as I was going through the 'reviews', I found out that the only real 'problem' with the TV was that a bunch of stupid wankers has bought it, and it clashed with their 'brushed steel' living room decor, and just about no other reason. Yet looking at the 'average' of the reviews, you would think that the thing didn't work, or it only picked up Russian news casts!

I've had a 6+ since the end of October. I also bought the (RED) leather case.

I SERIOUSLY DOUBT that Apple would release a product that would be damaged by putting on their case. I mean, think about it.

And I dropped my iPhone within the first 12 hours of owning it, and it survived. I even accidentally sat on it in the car (in my back pocket), and it survived.

So far the only thing I'm concerned about is the rebooting problem do to Apple's poor choice of flash memory.

I remember reading a review about a phone camera where the 'reviewer' (bitcher) was wanking on about how if you take a picture with a bright light in the frame, you got weird artifacts in the image. And I immediately thought 'Well, no duh! How many people would take a picture with a giant skin scorching light in the picture anyway? I mean, even the best and most expensive DSLR would balk at that kind of stupidity!'

What I'm trying to say is you have to sort out the whiners from the people with a true knock on a product. Like I knicked the 13" MBP I bought because the leading edge that I put my hands on has a very sharp edge on it. I even took some metal sandpaper and eased the edge a little. Other than that, it's an awesome notebook.

Everything has its issues, and there will, apparently, be a 'huge' number of people lining up to complain about actual and perceived 'problems' that you might never have noticed if you hadn't read the whining and chest flailing...

Move along. These aren't the droids you're looking for...

But I will say one thing: The 6+ is big... Put an OtterBox on it, and it is like carrying a small pizza box on your belt. I don't find myself using the clip holster much. But would I trade it in on a 6? Nah... And I knew it was going to be 'huge' before I got it. *SHRUG*

(What's this about a crescent shape?:eek:) :cool:

13. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

If you want the 6S+, you can sell your 6+ and recoup 2/3 of the money next year. Iphones have excellent resale value and for about $200 or about $16 a month, you can always have the newest one.

14. cuongnq macrumors member

Then when the 6+S release. We have same thread like this, but title change a bit: "Should I return my 6+S and wait for the 7+?".
    That is dead loop.

15. HenryDJP macrumors 603

I absolutely agree. You should return your 6 Plus, then return your 6 plus S as instructed by MR, because MR knows what's best for you.

16. ET iPhone Home thread starter macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

What color 6+ did you get? The reason I ask is because when I purchased my gold 5S with a red leather case from apple, the red dye on the inside of the case rubbed into gold of the 5S. I didn't buy the red case this time, but opted for the white silicone case because of it

LOL! That crescent shape is within the camera module itself. Some have posted if you switch back and forth the front facing camera, it loosens something within the module and you can see this crescent shape appear looking into the camera lens. It happened to someone jogging and may be cause by simply joggling the phone to cause it to happen.

Here's a link: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1829268

----------

Yeah, MacRumors is the MacDaddy and what MacDaddy says goes. On a serious note, I'm keeping it. I've had no related issues like some have experienced. It's maddening to read all these complaints.

17. The Robot Cow macrumors 6502

The Robot Cow

I feel that everything gets blown out of proportion for the iPhone. Every single minor imperfection and there's a person that starts a thread asking if they should return it/exchange for a new one/get it warrantied.

You already know that there's going to be a new iPhone next year in September, but why get that one when there's going to be an even NEWER iPhone the following year, but then again you can wait another year for the better iPhone, since you're already waiting might as well wait until the iPhone 25 comes out, but what about the 25s?

18. MasterRyu2011 macrumors 65816

so many gates..

every release has its share of problems (some are as mythical as the Big Foot).

the answer lies within you..

19. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Ain't that the truth.

20. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Op,
    I've read through your threads. There are a lot of them. If thisnourchasenisnresllyngivinf you second thoughts and the stress that it seems to based on your posts, just return the darn thing. Will the s series be better? Maybe. I don't know. If I was second guessing my phone ourchase this much I would just get rid of it though. I'd rather be happy.

21. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

If you do return it, don't fall into the trap where going back to your old iPhone feels way too small for you to handle anymore, as this has happened to several members.

22. TJ82 macrumors 6502

Apple are the wrong company for a guy with your sensibilities.

They're always pushing the boat with design and with so much out-sourcing going on with a boundary pushing product, there's no way they're going to be able to put out products that are flawless.

The days of buying a phone especially, and it's just, perfect, are dying in general as we move increasingly into smartphone/tablet territory. Too complex.

23. Bahroo macrumors 68000

i should sell my 6 plus and wait for the iphone 8s, i heard its gonna be incredible

24. jpeg42 macrumors 6502a

jpeg42

You ok? Looks like you had a stroke mid sentence there lol.

25. Bahroo macrumors 68000

lmao