6+ looses 1% every ~4 minutes

Chrsanthny5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2013
.. Which is only about 7 hours of usage if my battery is at 100 percent.
Is this average? It just seems pretty low to me.. I've customized my usage heavily and turned of all battery hogging features (except parallax). I close all apps besides the one that I am using. My screen brightness is turned down quite a bit as well.

Anybody have any ideas? Could this just be something Apple has to issue an update for?

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
Is this average?...Anybody have any ideas? Could this just be something Apple has to issue an update for?
Carrier?
Signal strength?
Screen brightness?
Any apps running in the background?

JMC08

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2011
Is this average? It just seems pretty low to me.. I've customized my usage heavily and turned of all battery hogging features (except parallax). I close all apps besides the one that I am using. My screen brightness is turned down quite a bit as well.

Anybody have any ideas? Could this just be something Apple has to issue an update for?
Complain at the Apple Store and get a new one. Their software updates won't fix it.

Taco1933

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2014
Restart the phone. See if it keeps doing it.

I've been screwing around on mine for the past hour and a half (web browsing, email, Spotify, YouTube), and I'm only down to 96%.

bunger

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2007
What apps are using the most battery? Settings... General... Usage... Battery usage...

Chrsanthny5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2013
Restart the phone. See if it keeps doing it.

I've been screwing around on mine for the past hour and a half, and I'm only down to 96%.
I've done a full cycle twice and done a soft reset. Strange...
I'm so jealous! 96%??

malevolant

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
Boston, MA

Strange. I used my iPhone 6+ heavily yesterday from 7am-2am including calls, texting, surfing the web, netflix, and candy crush and still had plenty of battery life left. Sorry you're having these problems. Maybe call Apple?

Azzin

macrumors 601
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.

Weird, did Apple(care) say?

Chrsanthny5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2013
What apps are using the most battery? Settings... General... Usage... Battery usage...
The highest usage right now is my screen, with 20%. Safari is 17, messages is 10.

----------

Okay so I'm happy I'm not the only one finding this weird. I'll definitely give apple a call ASAP

maybeiloveyou

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2006
california
Mine isn't that low but I also don't think I'm getting super high usage out of it either ... Maybe I need to cycle through a few times before I make a decisison.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
Double click on the home button and run multitasking, delete/swipe up apps running in the background. One of the great feature of ios 8 is that it breaks down what percentage you've consumed your battery.

Chrsanthny5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2013
Lol at people judijg battery life on the second day. You have to cycle a few times for battery use pattern to be accurate.
So there's nothing weird about the fact I lose 1% every 4 minutes while others go an hour and have 96%? Yeah, there may be some variation that will correct itself with continual battery cycles but 1% every four minutes with fairly minimal usage is a bit much still, right?.

Reach9

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2010
In America
I think I'm on the same boat. While my battery life is good, I can see the percentages drop more quickly than I thought.

So out of the box it was at 70% and it's currently 25% more than 17 hours later, but most of the time it wasn't heavy usage (if at all). When I actually used the 6 Plus I saw the percentage drop.
I haven't got it to 0% yet, so I'm going to wait and see how it runs on a fully charged battery before I call Apple.

What do you guys think?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.