6 or 6+ - they are both terrible

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snowboarder, Nov 15, 2014.

1. snowboarder macrumors 6502

Sorry, there is just no other way to describe it.
    6+ is simply impossible to use. Trying to answer a call and you struggle
    where/how to hold it so you could hear anything. Terrible.
    A two hand operation for anything. No improvements of any kind over
    the 5s as far as speed or anything really.
    Both models are slippery as hell and no way to put any case on top of
    the already giant size or it will be bigger than a tablet. 6 is barely pocketable.
    Camera is much worse in both, all the pictures are some smudged blurry impressions
    rather than the crisp sharp pictures. Videos seem way more grainy, also
    in the so much advertised low light.
    iOS 8 is as cr@ppy as all the previous versions, there is nothing
    which would see any significant improvements. iTunes is still there
    to communicate between your Mac and your iPhone which is the worst possible way.
    No file structure outside of the “iDrive” which is as “great” as anything
    iCloud related. Try to sync your pictures, good luck. It’s been YEARS
    and the awful iCloud hasn’t improved at all. Seriously, you can’t hire
    any smart people with all the billions you have?
    It’s tragic. I knew all this and I still got those 2 stupid phones.
    Gave them my money again. I’m an idiot. Thought that free iMessages with
    other iPhone users and my old “unlimited” plan are worth keeping.
    Swear to god, never again. Promise.

2. stonyboys macrumors 6502

Personally I think you are the terrible decision maker for getting both phones.

I agree with you when it comes to iCloud and iTunes. They're both garbage. Idk about iOS 8 but iOS 7 is the most beautiful and smooth phone os I could hope for.

And any pocket where the 5s will fit fine, the 6 will fit just fine too.

3. davedvdy macrumors regular

Consider selling the phones or returning them. You aren't being forced to keep or use them.

Nothing is perfect -- iOS 8 has quite a few bugs, but I think these iPhones are awesome. Many are happy with them. You aren't, so consider looking elsewhere.

4. vmaniqui, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2014

vmaniqui macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

5. fotomarc macrumors regular

fotomarc

Put both phones on eBay and get a Samsung. You don't deserve to have such a good phone and why buy two? Another ******** thread no doubt!

6. AirThis macrumors 6502a

Sell them and get an Android. Problem solved. Simple. Bye.

7. Zxxv Suspended

I don't find the 6 slippery to hold in fact I think its the best feeling iPhone ever.

8. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

I've owned every iPhone since 2007 launch day and agree with the op that the 6/6+ are garbage phones. Keeping my 5S until it literally dies.

9. HolyGrail, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2014

HolyGrail macrumors 6502

HolyGrail

Not understanding on why you feel the need in informing us. I don't feel the need in informing the forum of why I hate rice krispies, nor do I think they would care.

You probably should just stop buying phones until 2025. Until then, you won't be happy.

10. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I own both and while I greatly prefer the 6 over the 6 Plus, I find them to be very good.

My 6 is what I had hoped the 5 would be.

If I were you I would have returned them and already be using something else. Beware as all the decent phones are on the larger size these days so there will be little escaping that.

11. TJone macrumors 6502a

Okay. They are not for everyone so enjoy whatever phone you use instead. I will still be enjoying my 6.

12. mgs315 macrumors member

I see you like dressing your opinions as fact.

Sell up, buy something else. Everyone is happy (just like I am with my 6+).

13. snowboarder thread starter macrumors 6502

I would, but the problem is I simply don't know anything about Android
    and I'm afraid it could be even worse. Although the new 1+ phone looks great.
    It's hard to switch when you're surrounded by Macs. It's kind of like
    having a terrible job, but being afraid to quit, you know what I mean?
    Until now there was no alternative, at least that's how I felt...

----------

Bashing? Not, being very critical - yes. A great company went downhill
    and I really don't care how high the stock is. They stopped caring about
    great products, milking is all they do...

14. leventozler macrumors 6502

Amen

15. wilycoder macrumors 6502

The OP should just give the phones back to Apple. Don't return them, GIVE them back. It's what Steve would have wanted.

16. AirThis macrumors 6502a

The iPhone 6 is unsatisfactory according to your evaluation. So why not try something else? You don't have much to lose in my opinion. I've been tempted by an Android device. Lollipop actually has some interesting features. If I were unhappy with the iOS ecosystem and hardware, I think I'd take the plunge. The transition might be rough, but it could be rewarding. And, if you change your mind in 2 years, you'll know why you're using an iPhone again...

17. Tobias Funke macrumors 6502a

Tobias Funke

I agree!!

I hate my 6+ I just use it everyday to punish myself! :D

18. CEmajr macrumors 601

It's like the trolls aren't even trying to be subtle anymore.

You could've at least added something about Bendgate, or DyeGate. Maybe MemoryGate. Come on OP you have to do better.

19. swerve147 macrumors 6502a

swerve147

Give Android a shot. Seriously, it isn't hard to to find reviews and other users out there who run Android daily. It's a very good OS, user base alone should be proof.

I can understand not wanting to risk the investment, but then again you can find a decent, recent Android phone for cheap just to try out as well. Moto G LTE comes to mind.

Registering your complaints on Macrumors isn't going to do **** for you. Get out there and find something that you like.

20. adam1314 macrumors newbie

21. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

What a strange thread. Wouldn't this be a more cathartic rant if you posted it on an Android forum?

Posting it here is about as useful as going to a steakhouse to complain about steak.

22. Bahroo macrumors 68000

Sucks you have a defective iPhone 6 with a bad camera, I am beyond enjoying the best smartphone camera on the planet right now and I have taken some incredible shots with my 6 Plus so far, go try an Android phone then where the cameras arent as good

----------

Android has its userbase because it is cheap, not because it is so incredible and amazing, 66% of Android devices are 2011 era hardware spec devices, Android's marketshare is so high because it is cheap (majority of Android marketshare is low end devices, the ones with low specs and very cheap, which hey is actually extremely good for the developing world...but it still comes with outdated OS too..)

23. packers85 macrumors newbie

I don't think you notice the bad camera to be honest. I tested out several 6's and pluses in the Apple Store and they all have a problem with noise reduction. In some pictures, it is hardly noticeable, in others, well, it looks terrible. Once you see the smudgy/oil painting effect for the first time, you can't help but see it in just about every photo you've taken.

I had my phone for 3 weeks before I noticed there was something wrong with it. After testing some friends' and co-workers' phones out, and going to the Apple Store to test theirs, I knew it wasn't just my camera, there is something wrong with the software/camera that is creating images that aren't as good as the 5s in a lot of similar lighting conditions. I ended up returning my 6 for a 5s because I don't trust Apple to fix the problem in a timely manner, if at all.

24. swerve147 macrumors 6502a

swerve147

6 or 6+ - they are both terrible

Never said it was "incredible and amazing". It does however, simply work as a daily driver for a lot of people. There's no denying that. But go ahead and erase the success of Google with your Apple colored glasses. We're in Macrumors after all.

25. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Sorry. I have to disagree here.

iOS 7 is the worst FisherPrice/Playschool inspired, unicorn color spewing version of iOS I have used so far.

If there was any way to get my jailbroken iPhone 5 on 7.1.2 back to the iOS 6.1 I had to give up I would do it.

Unfortunately, Apple's engorgement on and overemphasis of primary colors (thanks, I've got two kids and don't need more primary colors) continues unabated.