6 Plus battery life: excellent

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gopnick, Sep 20, 2014.

1. gopnick macrumors regular

Trying to run my new iPhone 6 Plus battery down to 1% so I can charge it all the way up for the first time. 12 hours in under heavy use, and I'm still at 16%. That's impressive, especially given the gazillions of notifications I get.

2. Applefan4 macrumors 6502

Battery life and screen size are the two main reasons I'm going with 6+

3. nyc2pdx macrumors 6502

I've noticed the excellent battery life too on my plus

4. outlawarth macrumors regular

I have to chime in here too. Battery life on my 6+ is amazing. Simply best of any iPhones I've had. This is what I have at the end of the day. My 5S would long be dead by now.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411273976.417270.jpg

5. GrandPhrase macrumors 6502

Wow so a full charge would give you about 10 hours?! That's almost the battery of an iPad mini! Excited to receive my package!

6. outlawarth macrumors regular

Yes. Believe me, I was highly sceptical of initial positive battery reports. But I have been very pleasantly surprised by my 6+.

7. titans1127 macrumors 6502a

I'm currently at 9 and a half hours with 26 hours of standby. I did have to plug the phone in 2 or 3 times to do something on iTunes for only a minute or two and I did a few reboots while on an online chat with an ATT rep due to my SIM being bad.

I assume the numbers really aren't skewed as a result so if these numbers are going to be the norm I'll be super happy. My iPad Air gets between 10-12 hours of usage per charge for comparison.

8. T0MMYBOY4 macrumors regular

I can confirm too. Battery life on 6 plus is amazing! Very happy about this!

9. justinTlME macrumors 6502

justinTlME

Was the exact reason why I went 6 Plus. When they made the claims on the keynote I texted my wife and said, "well its decide, don't care how big it is, but thats the phone for me"

I have only charged it once since I got it (the initial charge).....and I've used it A LOT.

10. docprego macrumors 65816

I haven't received mine yet but this is the main reason (among several) I went with the 6+ over the 6. I literally had to charge my 5 twice a day and sometimes more. I carried an external battery pack at all times in one pocket and the 5 in the other. I'd rather have the larger device in one pocket without hesitation.

11. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

You're making a wise choice. The phone is great and the battery is very good. I used it for about 10 minutes straight and it stayed at 100 percent.

12. lienhart macrumors 6502

lienhart

I'm also pleased with the battery of the 6. It gets me almost 8 hours on a full charge, which is great since my 5S would be dead by 5 hours if it was lucky.

13. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Yeah I must agree with others on the 6 plus's battery life. Been using it 6 hours straight without putting it down longer then 10 mins. Been browsing the Internet, playing games, listening to music. When I normally do this in the past i charge and drain my iPhone 5 about 3 cycles in which this 6 plus has done in not even 1 cycle yet. Which is now at 5% as I type this. I must say the battery life is just amazing on this device. I must say though it is a bit big for me. I'm thinking about jumping on the iPhone 6 wagon because of portability. Otherwise awesome device by far!

14. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

Very excited to hear this...can't wait to receive mine! :)

15. sallenthornton macrumors member

16. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

Well if I get one it's definitely going to be the plus now. I'm so tired of my 4s battery life, this looks pretty great.

17. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

I used my phone very heavy today and shot a ton of videos at my daughter's soccer game. When I plugged it in tonight to recharge I still had 48% battery life left. My old iPhone 5 would not have made it through the day. Very impressed with how long the battery lasts!

18. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Can you guys share your Settings to optimize battery? I bought my 6 Plus today and I haven't charged it yet, I'm trying to run it down to 0% but im seeing battery depletion somewhat quickly that has got me concerned.

19. Reach9, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2014

Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

How are you optimizing your battery life?

20. outlawarth macrumors regular

I haven't done anything a whole lot special. Except for few of these things:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411311130.688371.jpg

21. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

I have the same set up, I also got rid of parallax and some other battery intensive things

So out of the box mine was at 70% and it's currently 25% more than 17 hours later, but most of the time it wasn't heavy usage (if at all). When I actually used the 6 Plus I saw the percentage drop quickly, 1% every few mins
    I haven't got it to 0% yet, so I'm going to wait and see how it runs on a fully charged battery before I call Apple

What do you guys think?

22. bmms8 macrumors 68020

I let it drain yesterday, charged it back up last night, this is where I'm at now. I think ill be more than happy with this battery life :)

Attached Files:

23. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

My battery life has been spectacular. I don't think I'll even bother bringing a charging cable to work.

With my old Galaxy S3 (new battery even), I'd be down to 70% by the time I got to work at 8:30am, and it stayed perpetually chained to my desk with its charging cable. I'd also always have to toggle on/off location services, wifi, etc -- it was a constant juggle to eke as much juice out of the battery as I could. I do NOT miss those days now :)

24. bmms8 macrumors 68020

Yeah let it drain and charge it up.. be prepared it will take a long time to charge :/

My battery life is already better just after one cycle

25. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

I let battery life be the deciding factor between the 6 and 6 Plus; seeing this makes the waiting for the 6 Plus to arrive on Thursday worth it.