Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZebraDude

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2014
Naperville, IL
I know some of you are poking fun at this (it's okay, I get it :)) but it's really important to me. It would suck if my phone was somewhat uncomfortable on a regular basis, every single day.

No Worries once you break your phone in (back pocket) and bend it it will fit wonderfully!

:eek:;):eek::p

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
This thread is ridiculous. The phone fits perfectly in your pocket. You can stand, sit, jump, whatever and it fits perfectly. Did you guys really think Apple would sell a phone that couldn't fit in your pocket?

jediuia

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
For the new iPhone 6 Plus owners:

My concern with the 6 Plus is not whether or not the phone will fit it my pocket (it will), my concern is whether or not I'll be able to bend or sit while it's in my pocket. Normal things, like getting in and out of a car. Sitting down in a chair or on the couch. Bending over to pick something up. Bending down to tie my shoe. Regular stuff. I tend to wear jeans quite often (Levi's 505 jeans mostly) so I'm especially interested in this.

Is it do-able? If so, how uncomfortable or restraining is it? Does it dig into you? Does it feel like the phone will break, bend or crack? Etc.

Could some of you that are lucky enough to get an iPhone 6 Plus please try some of these tests and report back with your honest feedback and thoughts?

Thanks... much appreciated! :)

Well, I'm 5'10" and have no issues at all. I hardly know its on my pocket, its not that big. Its not a 2x4 shoved down your pants.

Of course, I'm not sporting the tight 501's.

Steviejobz

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2010
SoCal
Didn't fit in my suit jacket pocket horizontally. Got the 6 instead. Very happy. Both are beautiful. I think there is a desire to get the biggest due to the "bigger=better" bias many have. I was one of those people. But at the end of the day there is a lot of value in comfort.

stick30

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2010
Yes! I wear jeans for work (office setting) and it fits fine in my front pocket. I usually wear loose / relaxed fit jeans. I'm 6'4" tall and about 215 lbs.

I love my +, Fantastic battery life, Fantastic screen but it is not mobile. I am 6'8 250 and it is a compromise. It may fit fine standing up in dress pants and jeans but sitting down is another thing. I wear dress shirts most with front left pocket and that is also rather cumbersome.

Cool Pup

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2010
Dallas, TX
Yes. I don't wear skinny jeans nor big or baggy ones and it fits in fine. I haven't really had many issues and I actually enjoy knowing that my phone is there, so I don't have to freak out and feel like I lost it somewhere.

hypno

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2012
It's so large, that you have to confine yourself to a wheelchair in order to move around with it. You activate the home button via a straw that you blow to unlock the phone, or suck and you get mountain dew.

Serious, what is wrong with people and the 6 Plus? It's not that large. It fits into a human sized pocket. You can walk around with it like a normal person. Why is everything so difficult for everybody?

Lol. They are probably walking by 100s of people with Samsung "phablets" daily thinking up these questions too.

Part of me thinks most of these threads cannot be serious - just trolling.

Mac Wolf

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2014
Fits comfortably in my 501s front pocket.

Fits in the back and barely peeks out.

Can't tell I have it when it's in my front pocket, and I wear my pants a little snug.

This is one instance where the thinness really was important in the creation of the phone

Last edited:

golfdude

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2005
The 6 doesn't fit well in my wife's jeans, I know the 6+ wouldn't. She is little though, 5'5"-110lbs.

Mac Wolf

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2014
I know it's fine in the front pocket of jeans when standing or walking, but is it still comfortable when sitting down, bending down, or getting in and out of a car?

If I'm sitting, then my phone is usually in my hands, on a table, or in my backpack. If it's in my pocket, it does fit, but you can feel that you have it there. It's not uncomfortable, but you know it's there. Compared to the 5 where I had a few scares thinking I didn't have my phone on me because I felt nothing in my pants.

janderson0719

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2011
it's so large, that you have to confine yourself to a wheelchair in order to move around with it. You activate the home button via a straw that you blow to unlock the phone, or suck and you get mountain dew.

serious, what is wrong with people and the 6 plus? It's not that large. It fits into a human sized pocket. You can walk around with it like a normal person. Why is everything so difficult for everybody?

thank you.

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
This thread is ridiculous. The phone fits perfectly in your pocket. You can stand, sit, jump, whatever and it fits perfectly. Did you guys really think Apple would sell a phone that couldn't fit in your pocket?

Exactly. No trouble here. Besides, I take my phone out of my back pocket when I sit down anyway. Did with my iPhone 1, 3GS, 4, 4S and 5. I see no reason to stop with the 6.

farmkittie

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2013
iPhone 6+ pockets

loopwheeler-madras-patchwork-t-shirt-00.jpg

Just add these to all your tops.

Cyberius11

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2011
I can sit, bend, whatever, just fine. My jeans aren't baggy, but they aren't skinny jeans, either. Just regular jeans, and I'm 6 foot 185.

66gonzo

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2012
Good point, I forgot how many people wear loose/baggy clothing now. For a professional that wears standard slacks/jeans it's going to be a problem. If you go with the loose fit pants it will fit, I guess. It did fit in my gym shorts, but trying to do anything athletic with it in my pocket wasn't going to work. Although, I guess it will give me a better workout on my pull-up day. Evidently there is a lot of people that don't exercise or they don't exercise with iPhone's 6+'s.

I'm about 6'1" and 200lbs with a fairly athletic build. I have worn standard fit jeans, khakis, khaki ***** (golf shirts), and workout gear with the 6 plus in my front pockets and have been fine. I don't wear skinny jeans...mainly because I have large feet and don't like the look. I think the thing here is, know who you are and how the phone can work "on you". Treat it as an accessory to who you are. If it means that you have to change your look, is that worth it to you? The 6 should work for those who wear skinny jeans, the 6 Plus, definitely won't.

Sounds Good

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
The 6 should work for those who wear skinny jeans, the 6 Plus, definitely won't.
I'm not sure if Levi's 505 jeans count as "skinny jeans" (do they??) but I've been keeping a checkbook in my front left pocket every day for about a week now. The checkbook is now bent at the top, about 3/4 of an inch from the edge. I guess that means I'm best off going with the regular iPhone 6 -- unfortunately (I really wanted the Plus).

It's a shame that Apple came out with such a tall iPhone 6 Plus when other suppliers manage to fit a larger screen into a shorter phone.

TimUSCA

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2006
Aiken, SC
Yes! I wear jeans for work (office setting) and it fits fine in my front pocket. I usually wear loose / relaxed fit jeans. I'm 6'4" tall and about 215 lbs.

I'm 6'4" and 215 lbs as well. Being that I have a 6+ coming from FedEx TODAY, you have just settled my nerves. I was worried with all these posts about bending and discomfort, but it sounds like it'll be fine. I also wear relaxed fit pants, so thanks!

Kevsta26

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2011
USA
I would probably try not to put it in my pocket at all as I'm so terrified it will bend after seeing posts and pictures on here.

Frankly, I'm getting kind of terrified over getting the phone itself cause of so many people dropping it at barely any distance and sometimes even with a case and cracking the entire screen. I've never dropped my phone though, and I hate bulky cases, and pretty much any case at all, so I'm hoping this time around will be the same.

66gonzo

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2012
I'm not sure if Levi's 505 jeans count as "skinny jeans" (do they??) but I've been keeping a checkbook in my front left pocket every day for about a week now. The checkbook is now bent at the top, about 3/4 of an inch from the edge. I guess that means I'm best off going with the regular iPhone 6 -- unfortunately (I really wanted the Plus).

It's a shame that Apple came out with such a tall iPhone 6 Plus when other suppliers manage to fit a larger screen into a shorter phone.

Yea, I'm not sure. Personally, I wouldn't think so, but that does give you an indication of what MAY happen to your phone. I would guess that it would either bend or would dig into your hip with depth of the pockets. I wouldn't risk it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.