Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andrewket

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2012
Link? The Apple Store app is only showing pricing with a two-year contract. I always buy my phones outright so that I can keep my unlimited data plan.

Gr81MB

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
Link? The Apple Store app is only showing pricing with a two-year contract. I always buy my phones outright so that I can keep my unlimited data plan.

Go to to Models And Pricing And select model, carrier, says "Pay In Full" or "Contract"! Me too I have a good No contract plan i want to keep!

Cergman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2013
my tesla
Select and order the T-Mobile version. It is fully unlocked and will work on whichever carrier if you just pop your SIM in.

icanhazapple

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2009
Yep. This is a huge, huge deal that most will overlook but it's awesome that I don't have to go through Verizon on launch day to get my phone off-contract so I can keep my unlimited data. The less interaction I have with Verizon, the better.

Gr81MB

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
Select and order the T-Mobile version. It is fully unlocked and will work on whichever carrier if you just pop your SIM in.

You can Pick ATT T mobile Verizon and pay in full they will all be unlocked hence paying full price.

Reactions: aristobrat

elit3nemesis

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2009
So I am on the unlimited data plan with Verizon. For me to keep it I would need to buy the Sim-Free version?

bchreng

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2005
You can Pick ATT T mobile Verizon and pay in full they will all be unlocked hence paying full price.

So I can buy any one from any carrier from Apple at full price and use it across any phone carrier? I have AT&T and was thinking of buying either a Verizon or T-Mobile version for that reason.

icanhazapple

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2009
So I am on the unlimited data plan with Verizon. For me to keep it I would need to buy the Sim-Free version?

I don't know what they're trying to convey with 'SIM free' (in the past, I think this is the unlocked GSM version) but it looks like you can buy it 'with Verizon' but pay full price (non-contract) and keep your unlimited data.

H3LL5P4WN

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
I don't see an option to buy outright with AT&T.

I see a check eligibility link, which when I click it gives me info about my Next installment plan and suggests that I have to pay it off before I can upgrade, not that I can just buy the phone outright.

Or am I just dumb, and Apple not providing a "carrier free, pay in full" big button is confusing me?

Reactions: bchreng

Gr81MB

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
I don't see an option to buy outright with AT&T.

I see a check eligibility link, which when I click it gives me info about my Next installment plan and suggests that I have to pay it off before I can upgrade, not that I can just buy the phone outright.

Or am I just dumb, and Apple not providing a "carrier free, pay in full" big button is confusing me?

There should be pay in full button

Reactions: H3LL5P4WN

fieldsphotos

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2013
Finally!!! I can pre-order from Apple!! But no SIM-free version it looks like. I wonder if there actually different models for the different carriers, or how that is working this year?

Oh, I found the model list:
http://www.apple.com/iphone-6s/specs/

So....... Model 1633 and 1634 has LTE Band 30, but no CDMA bands. Models 1687 and 1688 have the CDMA bands but not LTE band 30. Does anyone know how these model numbers are parsing out to the various carrier versions?

terraphantm

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
Finally!!! I can pre-order from Apple!! But no SIM-free version it looks like. I wonder if there actually different models for the different carriers, or how that is working this year?

Oh, I found the model list:
http://www.apple.com/iphone-6s/specs/

So....... Model 1633 and 1634 has LTE Band 30, but no CDMA bands. Models 1687 and 1688 have the CDMA bands but not LTE band 30. Does anyone know how these model numbers are parsing out to the various carrier versions?
My guess is that ATT and T-mobile will get 1633 and 1634, while VZW and Sprint get 1687 and 1688.

I wonder why they don't all have CDMA anymore

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
So this would mean the verizon model would still be best b.c it would work with everyone but sprint. Verizon would not activate a t-mobile or att model.

Sprint is in the same boat....would work with everyone but verizon.

sprint and verizon will not activate phones that are not theirs outside the SIM free version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.