6S - Improved Battery?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iMatt., Aug 19, 2015.

1. iMatt. macrumors 6502

Do we know if the 6S is going to have a larger battery than it's predecessor? Anything's going to be an improvement for me as my 5S seems to last about 45 minutes with persistent use, but I'd like to have a battery that will last me 1-2 days without issue.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

I doubt the 6S will last for two days unless you hardly use your phone.

3. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Doubt any phone can last 2 days on moderate use

4. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

I think we've already seen the leaks of the likely 6S battery and it's about the same size as the 6, maybe slightly smaller. Apple has shown that they are happy with the existing battery life of the phones and not likely to make any compromises to make it last longer. You may get slightly better battery life from the 6 to 6S because of efficiency improvements, but it will be very minor.

5. Zedsdead185 macrumors 6502

All answers will be purely speculation at the moment. However I'm willing to bet that there will be no noticeable improvement to battery life. Apple don't seem to see it as a priority to make their phone batteries last longer than a day with reasonable use.

6. iMatt. thread starter macrumors 6502

7. nj-morris macrumors 68000

nj-morris

Due to reduced power consumption which is likely to come with the A9, I think we'll see better battery life. We'll probably see iPhone 6 Plus like battery life with the 6S and better than ever with the 6S Plus. And maybe we might get 20 and 30 days of standby with the 6S and 6S Plus respectively. Maybe.

8. Zedsdead185 macrumors 6502

You can't rule it out though. As I said, every answer is currently just speculation. We'll get more of an idea about it next month hopefully if apple ever announce their iPhone event.

9. Gryfter macrumors 6502

Gryfter

wasnt there news about how iOS9 will improve battery life as well or does it just have that low battery level mode?

10. JXShine macrumors 6502

JXShine

looking at the latest beta, I highly doubt apple will live up to their battery claims

11. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

I agree that we will see slightly increased battery life overall, but I don't feel like Apple will use the reduced power consumption from the A9's new manufacturing process for better battery life. They will probably use most of it for increased performance, similar to how they always say with the iPad that they've increased performance without sacrificing the 10-hour battery life.

Eventually, we might reach a point where increased performance will be minimal (10% for each generation like Intel) and we will finally start seeing them go for the better battery life that comes with newer processes (like Intel), but for now they will most likely opt for performance.

12. Girder_Shade macrumors member

Girder_Shade

That's not true. There's quite a few Androids that do.
    My current Xperia Z3 can get 2 days easily on moderate use, close to 3 on light use with power saving options.
    Although I'm switching to iPhone 6s for other reasons I do hope Apple improves the battery life from what it is now.

13. NikeTalk macrumors 6502a

As usual take what Apple says and divide that by two for real world usage.

14. vdgroodt macrumors member

vdgroodt

I bet that we won't be seeing major improvements. On my iPhone 6 running ios 9 beta i do not see any major improvements even when they promised me 1+3 hours with power reserve mode. Hope it wil change on GM and even better with the 6s.

15. C DM macrumors Westmere

Don't think we know anything really one way or another.

16. CEmajr macrumors 601

Probably not much different. Maybe only slightly. If battery life is your top priority then you should get the 6S Plus, but as amazing as its battery is, it's still not lasting 2 days unless you barely use it.

17. iMatt. thread starter macrumors 6502

18. nordique macrumors 6502a

*45* minutes with persistent use, OP?

Something is wrong with your battery if you are only getting 45 mins of usage time

19. doitdada, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015

doitdada macrumors 6502a

doitdada

Well, your pockets need to be deep. My new cK jeans reveal an inch on the phone to the free world. Forget about putting in your blazer/suit outer pockets. I have ruined a couple of blazers during a few months flirt with Galaxy Note 2 because of the size.

It broke the deal for me and the Plus back in september 2014. Ended up with a space grey iPhone 6. Have looked back, but didn't press the trigger until I got one with a 200 dollar discount.

20. xanadeath macrumors 6502

xanadeath

The iPhone 6S battery life improvements will most likely come from more energy efficient hardware and the extra power savings of iOS 9. It is not going to have a larger battery.

21. nostresshere macrumors 68030

45 minute battery life?

Pretty sure I would no longer being using that phone. Or think the next version would be any better.

22. arbitoot macrumors newbie

No phone lasted that long sinfe Nokia 3310

23. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

Really?

Attached Files:

24. cynics macrumors G3

I think we will see Apple claim better battery life on paper that won't translate to real world usage.

I feel like Apple has always claimed better battery life on every iPhone release. And if that were true my phone should last 2 days by now......

25. SoYoung macrumors 6502

i don't think the 6S could reach the battery life of the 6 plus. 6+ have a very, very good battery life. I always plug my phone at the end of the day with more than 30% battery left and I use my phone a lot. Previously I never reach that performance with any iphone yet. I had to plug it twice a day sometimes. The 6+ is the first iPhone I own with acceptable battery life. I heard the regular 6 is almost like the 5S...