6S+ landscape issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ajm222, Sep 26, 2015.

1. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

Anyone else having trouble here? Mine has gotten sort of stuck in landscape mode on the home screen, and other times it won't go into landscape mode no matter how much I rotate it. Is there a trick to this? Can Apple diagnose a hardware issue remotely?

Thanks

2. Sekelani macrumors 6502

Sekelani

No issues at all here. Have you made sure your portrait orientation is off?

3. CarboysDesire macrumors 6502a

CarboysDesire

Didn't they say the mute switch now acts as a screen-lock button as well?
    I think I heard that, although I'm not sure if you have to do something to it first in settings.
    Maybe it has something to do with that? Sorry if this leads you down a wrong path but I think I remember hearing something about that.

4. ajm222 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, it's off. Landscape only seems to be an issue on the home screen. Maybe that's tricky by design? Coming from a 6.

5. ajm222 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Doesn't seem to have anything to do with that, though I'd be interested to hear if that's actually true.

6. ajm222 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Unrelated but now after setting a live wallpaper, the wallpaper previews refuse to animate when I press the screen even though live wallpaper is selected. Live wallpaper on lock screen still working.

7. Azzin macrumors 68040

8. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

The 6+ always had certain landscape 'issues' which Apple never fixed.

9. thedru13 macrumors regular

^This... And I was hopeful that the 6S+ might have resolved this. One of the few things about my 6+ that really drives me nuts..

10. ajm222 thread starter macrumors 6502a

No, standard mode here

11. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

The phone has to be set to standard view. If yours is set to zoom view that's why it's not rotating on the home screen
    The phone has to be set to standard view. If yours is set to zoom view that's why it's not rotating on the home screen.

12. jd6272015 macrumors newbie

Landscape mode on the 6 plus is severly flawed and nothing has changed.

13. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

From a previous most of mine:

14. ajm222 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. Mine seems to be working much better now without having done anything, but I'll remember this.

15. ikenstein macrumors member

This didn't work on my new 6s Plus. I can't get the home screen to rotate, and, on the rare occasions that I can, I cannot get it to rotate back. I tried setting to zoomed and then back to standard. Not only did it not fix the problem, it also didn't actually reset the phone. It just blacked out the screen until I did a soft reset. Very frustrating. Any helpful advice?

16. upnorth85 macrumors 6502

I have used the 6+ and now the 6S+. Both of these have the landscape/portrait orientation problem. My home screen orientation changed on its own today in locked position! My other problem is while taking landscape photographs, as soon as the photo is taken, the orientation of the photo changes to Portrait. I have to then edit each photograph to rotate it. This problem has been longstanding on both Android and iPhones. Not sure what the issue is. Any tips on how to prevent random photos taken in sequence all of a sudden change the orientation without any user action?

17. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

When you switched modes, did you get the dialog about "this will reset ..."?

I mean, that may have not been what fixed mine, I'm a developer, so I'm usually cautious about knee-jerk correlation, but I did reset more than once, and it wasn't resolved, I did switch to zoom and back and it was. The only reason I did it was to check out the zoom mode, but also because I've seen various cases where switching back into a mode forces all the settings to change.

FWIW, I restored from a backup from an iPhone 5, running 8.x.x (latest). If you restored, the only thing I might suggest (other than trying the mode switch one more time), is to reset the device, set it up as new.

18. ikenstein macrumors member

Thanks. It did give me the the "this will reset..." dialog. The weird thing was that when I confirmed, it didn't reset, it just locked the phone and I had to reset the phone (held down home and lock buttons until the Apple logo appeared). Once it reset, the screen zoom was indeed changed, but it didn't resolve the home screen rotation issue.

Luckily, the home screen rotation feature is not one I'm that excited about, so I won't be restoring the device from new at this point. It's just annoying that it doesn't work.

19. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

I remembered this thread just now when I put my 6S+ in landscape mode (I totally dig on it for using it at my desk), and wondering if you've installed 9.0.2 yet - and most importantly, if it resolved it?

20. ikenstein macrumors member

Waiting for the update to populate in software update. My work wifii is crap. I'll let you know once I've updated.

21. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

I find it much better on my 6s+ than on my 6+.

22. thedru13 macrumors regular

I just locked my rotation on my 6+ cause it's driving me nuts. It does this non stop now.

23. isopodshuffle macrumors newbie

isopodshuffle

Cross-posting from the 9.0.2 thread 'cause it got buried in a flood of "my 6s [lags/doesn't lag], apple is [great/terrible]!" chat:

Is the home screen rotation on the 6s+ supposed to be this sticky? No matter how much I turn the phone, it stays locked until I interact with it - pull down search, swipe to another page, or open an app folder.

Once I do that, though, it switches instantly (and when I'm inside mail/messages/etc. the display rotates with the phone like I'd expect). This is my first time using a Plus model so I'm not sure if something is screwy here, or that's just how it always worked?

24. ikenstein macrumors member

I just updated to 9.0.2 and the problem is not fixed :/

25. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

See above. Me and few other folks had this behavior, i.e., didn't rotate until you touched/tapped (interacted like you said), then it was fine, even though in apps it worked fine.

My solution was to set it to zoom, let it reboot, then set it back to standard, fixed. That trick didn't work for the other folks in this thread having the same issue.