6s Plus Battery Life is a disaster. Please help!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jusoi, Jan 23, 2016.

1. jusoi macrumors newbie

I've had my 6s Plus for 3 weeks now, and the battery life is very poor. When I first got it, I did notice a little bit of a battery drain, but I was told on another forum that it's normal for this to happen and to wait for a couple of days. I've waited for 3 weeks now, and the battery life has gotten worse. When I first got it, I would get 4-5 hours on full charge, but now I only get 2-3. I would consider myself a moderate but sometimes heavy user. I have the Samsung chip if that makes a difference. I was wondering if I sent it to Apple, would they still repair it for replace it. And if they replaced it, could I get a TSMC chip. Thank you in advance.

Attached Files:

2. nj1266 macrumors 6502a

Did you set up your phone as new or did you restore from a back up? If from a back up, then do a restore and set up as new. And then download the apps that you use separately. The only thing that is used from before when you set up as new are your contacts. If that does not work, then take it to Apple and have them test the battery for you.

3. nightcap965 macrumors 6502a

nightcap965

There's no real difference between the Samsung and the TSMC chip, but you should definitely take it to Apple.

4. ray.arl macrumors member

5. garycoleman2 macrumors member

I still don't understand how people like you are in denial about there is no difference between Samsung & TSMC when the OP of this thread has a Samsung chip and has this problem. Also 1000's of other threads/posts from other people have the same problem.

To the OP: Keep getting it exchanged until you get one with a TSMC chip. If I leave my 6S Plus TSMC on standby for 24hours, I still have 95-96% left.

6. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

After being told by the genius in the Apple Store that my wife's 6S Plus is normal, I've accepted that her poor battery life (compared side by side with her old 6 Plus) is simply due to its smaller battery. Thanks to her Mophie Juice Pack, at least it lasts through one day.

7. monnyblack1 macrumors regular

monnyblack1

My battery is good

Attached Files:

8. freedomisle macrumors regular

Using Netflix, Safari and YouTube will not see any difference between the chips. Tests have shown there is very little difference between the chips unless you put it under heavy load such as recording video or playing games.

:apple: